EA Forums - Banner

Camp Output

Prev1
Hi,
on Wrath 26 we have problems with the camp output.
A level 64 off generates range 63 - 66 camps.
Now with a level 65 off the range is 64 - 66 camps.
Why don't we get 67 camps?
We are on a big world with units up to level 80.... so level 66 is to small.

Replies

• Knock.... Knock... Hello? Hello? Anybody home?
  • Polux37
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    On firestorm 14 it works similar. Offence 67 can generate Camp 68, but not 69. At some point it’s easier to generate camps from defense. Cheaper to upgrade due to mixing Tiberiun and Cristal. We have one base with defense 71, and this base generates Camps 70-72 so +/- 1, but no 73.

It seems that there are many contradictions in new camp generation. In range 50-65 it was unlocked to generate +2 camps above that is not. But no clear information in that matter was provided when introducing that change. That’s creates inconsistency and it’s necessary to figure it on your own and that creates some disappointments. It should be more transparent with changes of this type provides like any other rules.

Let's hope that patch 21.1 will solve that
    Outposts and Camps should now be able to spawn with their proper levels at max level

But still is not 100% clear if this information applies to that particular issue.
    Post edited by Polux37 on
  • EE_Elephterion
    1723 posts Envision Developer
    edited December 2020
    seven0404 wrote: »
    Hi,
    on Wrath 26 we have problems with the camp output.
    A level 64 off generates range 63 - 66 camps.
    Now with a level 65 off the range is 64 - 66 camps.
    Why don't we get 67 camps?
    We are on a big world with units up to level 80.... so level 66 is to small.

There has always been a difference of 15 levels between players and NPCs, even on older worlds where Players can reach level 65 NPC only spawn as high as 50. That mechanic has not been altered.

I explained on this issue here: https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/comment/2164371/#Comment_2164371

In short, yes, spawns are not working quite how they are supposed to on high level worlds, yet. The patch will address that. (20.4 is now 21.1)
    Post edited by EE_Elephterion on
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Polux37
    31 posts Member
    edited January 8
    You were trying to make an answer, but didn't address the issue provided. Outpost problem is a separate problem. This topic is about Camps.
    Please elaborate what you mean by NPC ? Because that part doesn’t make any sense to me. On regular word you can have base 65 max, but army level 66. And this offense spawn camps 65 (always two 65), so where you see a difference of 15. As you may overinterpreted is -1 lvl, but basically is equal max.
    The recent change in that system allows camps 65 to be spawned by off/deff 63. And it's great for development. When the patch 21.1 will be rollout, approximately perhaps ?
  • gamerdruid
    4063 posts Moderator
    edited January 9
    NPC=not player controlled. 21.1 introduced problems on the PTE when rolled out for testing so the PTE was rolled back to 20.3

They've returned to working on 21.1 but no timeline has been given for testing on the PTE. It is usually 2-3 weeks after the PTE rollout, if everything is working as planned and no problems are identified, that the general rollout occurs. So my guess, would be around the start/middle of February.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Thank you for this **** update.... now we have smaller camps. Before the UPDATE we had camps level 68-70 with my 69.66 Off. Now we only have level 68 and 69 camps..... i think it's time to say goodbye
  • Well, the second patch is through and still no camps at the right level! Not one camp level 70! Not to talk about camps level 71 wich should be there since our offense levels are 69+. Will you ever get it right or can we go offline now and never login again?

Cheers Kombuese
  • Kombuese wrote: »
    Will you ever get it right or can we go offline now and never login again?
    Cheers Kombuese

Guess thats called a rhetorical question^^

• EE_Elephterion
    1723 posts Envision Developer
    We are looking into this issue, no promises when we will be able to address this just yet.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • sorry, but you said it in your 21.1 Patch notes & Maintenance 3rd Mar already:
    Outposts and Camps should now be able to spawn with their proper levels at max level
    Don't get it...
  • The balancing in these worlds is a joke!!!! Has been from the beginning. And now this faupat is the worst of all. Farming doesn't make any sense at all right now, the cp/rt - resources output is not worth spending ONE cp. I have had it, see you in another game.
  • RedSebbi
    4 posts New member
    > @EE_Elephterion said:
    > We are looking into this issue, no promises when we will be able to address this just yet.

are you serious!?!

before the patch we had at least camp level 70, after the patch there is not a single camp level 70 anymore.

then reset the world again ( wrath26)!
    it can't be that hard.

then you have time to deal with the problem.
    this way the whole thing is no fun and makes little sense.
    Since you have raised the level to 80, you know what it costs.
  • Polux37
    31 posts Member
    edited March 13
    Today pathed Patch 21.1 was applied on Firestorm14, I waited for that with hopes and unfortunately a big disappointment. The Camp spawn was NOT FIXED. Outpost spawn was also not fixed. The Camps level generation in range 65-80 is still a problem. So still not the proper level.
    Post edited by Polux37 on
  • gamerdruid
    4063 posts Moderator
    I think that was already acknowledged in this thread - they're looking at it following the patching of last week. When I looked on FS14 I see you have level 71 camps (but what I can't see is the level of the offence that generated them). Report back if after a few days a level 71 offence isn't generating what you expect, explaining what you expect. Outposts are a different beast because tunnels don't go higher than around 63.
  • I think that formally speaking it's a separate announcement on main page. And if the issue were discovered between first term of patches and second (10 days) it should be reflected on announcement for second term of patch. And yet it’s on a list without any extra annotation of delay, so I could expect it was fixed in that time, otherwise info on main page is misleading. On F14 we are beyond Camps 71 for 3-4 months now and I already explained what is the issue. But still I will wait, road to Camp 80 is long.
  • gamerdruid
    4063 posts Moderator
    All worlds get the same patch so once a rollout has started a patch won't be changed, except when it causes a major issue with the worlds.

When you say 'we are beyond camps 71' what are the levels of the offences in that area?

• Polux37
    31 posts Member
    edited March 15
    I didn't say anything about changing the path or stopping it. Only about the info about the patch and I was clear about that. PPL deserve to be informed truly, not deliberate misleading when you know there is a problem and hiding that in main info. Adding annotation in announcement doesn’t change a patch only information to the players.
    As I already shared here, we generate our biggest cams based on defence lvl. Before the update we have those 77 https://ibb.co/j82b36z Now after few days I can say that spawn its genraly worse, but still I hope for a positive fix.
  • gamerdruid
    4063 posts Moderator
    They generally don't announce bugs only bug fixes. There are a number of bugs that have crept in that I have reported to them. They don't announce them even when the patch was supposed to fix the issue.
  • Soixie
    568 posts Member
    Camps represent the foundation of the game and this disaster to update something so simple is a complete and total failure of direction, at least from players perspectives. Since the inception of the game, camps have always been -1/+3, then someone added a hard cap at 65 with the first level expansion. Obtaining 65 on one base was ridiculous enough given the resource requirements. The resource gain between a 65 camp and a 67 pale in the overall requirements, so much so that one has to wonder what was going on at the time when the decision was made to spend tens of thousands (100k's +?) on company expense, wasting months of time preventing players from having 2 extra camp levels. Mind boggling Insane.

Today, someone has decided that +3 offers far too many resources once the level cap is lifted. Envision apparently didn't spend enough money on this level issue the first time around and have decided to double down and change the base code to -2/+1. We're pushing a year (June '20) and the team still hasn't resolved something as simple as changing the camp code from 65 to 80.

I would thoroughly enjoy regular communication and progress updates as I am sure most of rest of the player community would, not to mention those of us who continue to pay money. Coming from a programmer, something is apparently massively wrong for a project this simple to grind to a halt. Is anyone even working on the project? Is EA refusing access to update/patch live servers? I'd offer to help update code, but don't live in Germany and I doubt you'd allow free help. I see the company soliciting for "Programmer".

With code this deeply rooted and tied to the foundation as strongly as it is, either an exact clone of the prior process should have occurred or level 80 could have simply been done in smaller updates. Could have very easily updated camp levels to level 83 max, verified the code on internal private test servers then patched live. I understand the code is different for the "new" economy. If the formula is the problem, it should be deleted completely and simply apply a 2x multiple on top of the "old" economy code. Simply rinse and repeat the process for different areas of the game, buildings, defense, offense, fortress etc.

Attempting to update all code, all aspects across all servers for all worlds all at the same time was obviously not the best direction for this project. Hopefully it gets resolved, soon.

Respectfully,
  • chadthurston
    136 posts Member
    edited March 16
    delete
    Post edited by chadthurston on