EA Forums - Banner

New server?

Replies

• > @gamerdruid said:
    > I'm pretty sure, following conversations with the developers, that there will be new servers coming in 2021. They don't have a schedule (or if they do they haven't shared it with me!) of which ones or when, but they are coming!

you told it ur self , last server started 2020 , and now we have 2021 ! thats like a year difference :dizzy:
  • gamerdruid
    4211 posts Moderator
    wow- November to January is a year! They are in different years, the time from November to January isn't a year.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    > wow- November to January is a year! They are in different years, the time from November to January isn't a year.

The maths are ruthless gamedruid year of 2021 - year of 2020 = 1 year difference , so they havent launched a server for a year now... not sure what you dont get, what you dont understand , geez :s
  • chadthurston
    169 posts Member
    edited January 16
    delete
    Post edited by chadthurston on
  • gamerdruid
    4211 posts Moderator
    Well, exactly the opposite is true. I can't 'tell them' to do anything, but i have asked nicely ;-)
  • when is this new server coming? Xmas is over - press that copy and paste button asap please.

• Hope it will be a special Firestorm server :)
    Or WCS ? o:)
  • Last server came online about 2 month ago, FA is boring and Morale (Malus) is tedious. New server please !!!
  • starting a new server cost money (perhaps somebody can tell us the whole amount) + i´m pretty sure that players are buying no/less funds because of the exorbitant price. For Envision servers have to be profitable -> so they have to wait much longer before opening a new server.

It´s as simple as that
  • Would recommend for 2021 as the frequency of new servers 1 per month.
  • tokenting
    50 posts Member
    edited January 13
    starting a new server cost money (perhaps somebody can tell us the whole amount) + i´m pretty sure that players are buying no/less funds because of the exorbitant price. For Envision servers have to be profitable -> so they have to wait much longer before opening a new server.

It´s as simple as that

if new servers cost money then delete the old ones, let me give you one example: world 60 started 7 years ago , no one goes there - why the hell is it still open wasting server resources for maybe one non-funding person?

Delete it and any other old junk and replace them with some server statistics so that we know that it existed in the past.

5 years is more than enough lifetime for a server, if slow people want to spend 10 years to build level 65 mammoths, they can go on a test server or something.
  • chadthurston
    169 posts Member
    edited January 16
    delete
  • @tokenting

I agree regarding the old worlds - nevertheless deleting old worlds will not make new worlds profitable.

Without going into detail (there are numerous other threads) there is simple to much trouble with that game -> less funding players -> less profit.

Otherwise they would open new worlds more regular (my point of view).
  • 8asti
    1 posts New member
    I would also suggest to delete every server on which they have won against the tacitus more than 3 times. So that they would have less cost and eventually more time to start new servers or create new stuff or maybe to faster react to bugs an technical issues!
  • gamerdruid
    4211 posts Moderator
    I think that those that are playing on old (or very old) servers still would simply stop playing. There'd be nothing much gained by deleting them as they're run on virtual servers in big data farms anyway. Software maintenance wouldn't be speeded up either. Bugs & technical issues are dealt with as quickly as they can in the current COVID circumstances and are rarely identified on old servers as they run the same background software as new ones. Starting new servers costs very little in time unless they're working on a new feature that they wish to launch before the next new world.
  • @gamerdruid / @EE_Elephterion Can you please let us know ETA for next server. We understand the complex circumstances we are living around the world but the rest of people keep doing home office or few hours at office, etc. You have lots of Tiberium junkies waiting for announcement of new server :smile: .
  • get bent is the 14th now, new server or announce the game is closed, as this is utter tripe from anyone especially those running entertainment services, imagine u was a kid new laptop for chrimbo, search cnc find this and think take a look, nothing new to start, to see no timetable or set plans for new servers, ?? been 8 -9 years why the hell not, think we should of been treated better long ago, shame on envision shame on ea. id like to see two a month and at set times, so teams can arrange stuff,, not this last minute bullshot, transparency we need and a routine, 9 years really meh madness, give us what we want or we will find something to fill the void, many think we being pushed out, be nice to be told, if we was.
  • gamerdruid
    4211 posts Moderator
    I don't have information ahead of an announcement with regard to new servers. The first I know of them is when I log in here and see the announcement.

I've had extensive discussions with staff and can assure players that the game isn't closed or about to be closed.
  • brocamam
    2 posts New member
    EA- When will you deign to publish a new server?
    Many players who have the time available now, want to start (I will particularly start with 3 100% funded accounts).
    Today is Friday, there is still time for you to post: T49 - F15 or W29.
    And also, it would not be bad if you are motivating the public about the WSC ... This game is very interesting !!! They should get the most out of it, they should invest a little bit in social media (it's free) and they'll see the results. B)
  • chadthurston
    169 posts Member
    edited January 16
    delete
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.