EA Forums - Banner

Tiberian 46 DEAD due to Update

13Next

Replies

  • gamerdruid
    4253 posts Moderator
    @EE_Elephterion has already stated that no increases in existing worlds are likely.

    A lot of comments suggest that I do something about the changes. I am a forum moderator and a player. I do not have control of what the developers do. I draw their attention to these forums when I think it is needed (TA isn't the only game they work on) and they respond as they see fit.

    My comments about compensation were aimed at those that were suggesting only their accounts be compensated by listing them. Compensation, if it is issued, has always been on a world basis with all accounts that have logged on in the previous 7 days gaining whatever is decided by the developers.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • This latest "development" has only reaffirmed my decision to stop playing this game.
  • redmatch1
    69 posts Member
    edited May 20
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    @EE_Elephterion has already stated that no increases in existing worlds are likely.

    A lot of comments suggest that I do something about the changes. I am a forum moderator and a player. I do not have control of what the developers do. I draw their attention to these forums when I think it is needed (TA isn't the only game they work on) and they respond as they see fit.

    My comments about compensation were aimed at those that were suggesting only their accounts be compensated by listing them. Compensation, if it is issued, has always been on a world basis with all accounts that have logged on in the previous 7 days gaining whatever is decided by the developers.

    like i said they dont care about their customers, gee i wonder why thousands quit before us.

    Post edited by redmatch1 on
  • Soixie
    571 posts Member
    redmatch1 wrote: »

    like i said they dont care about their customers, gee i wonder why thousands quit before us.

    I'd like to believe their hands have been tied by EA, whom controls all forms of monetary transactions.


    @EE_Elephterion , would have been far wiser to patch non-FA older worlds first, use them as an implementation "test" then consider patching FA worlds once a general solution could be found to suddenly raising forgotten by 15 levels.

    A forced "relocate" in the same sector would be the easiest (-20 clicks from center). If that didn't work, you could force twice, once to another sector then back again. (-40 clicks).


  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    @EE_Elephterion has already stated that no increases in existing worlds are likely.

    A lot of comments suggest that I do something about the changes. I am a forum moderator and a player. I do not have control of what the developers do. I draw their attention to these forums when I think it is needed (TA isn't the only game they work on) and they respond as they see fit.

    My comments about compensation were aimed at those that were suggesting only their accounts be compensated by listing them. Compensation, if it is issued, has always been on a world basis with all accounts that have logged on in the previous 7 days gaining whatever is decided by the developers.

    And that statement was incorrect. Our world, Tiberium 46 was increased which was stupid of them. To increase a game in progress by 20 levels (not 15 levels like some have stated) all at once is stupid and the result was EA stole caused a huge loss of resources and a loss of 2 weeks minimum in progress on this world. No player is ready for an immediate 20 level increase in Forgotten bases on a Forgotten attacks world. My defenses were good, better than most. In most cases 2-3 levels above the base level. I lost 8 of 11 bases. The only way to have done this is not to just move players but if you felt it was necessary to make this change on an existing world that has been in progress for over 10 months would have been to send out a world wide message stating in 1 month the world will have a 20 level increase. Then CICs and alliance leadership can make a plan as to how they are going to handle it. Retreat, move certain players back, focus on building defense, whatever they saw fit. Not one player would have complained if that was done. It would have left control where it belongs, in the CIC's and players hands.

    The way it was done was it was done suddenly, EA changed the rules of the way the game was played overnight and without warning. I have never said that compensation should be for just a few players. If you can't figure out what players were damaged by this stupid move then the entire world should be compensated and it should be substantial because of what several players lost. Alliances have been damaged just because a decent amount of players have logged on and saw what happened and have decided to quit the world. I know that because I have seen a few messages saying so but most don't message they just stop playing instead of taking a week to repair their base and another week to build resources, power, etc.

    This was wrong, it was unfair to all players on the world and it needs to be corrected.

    Like I said, I will wait and see. EA can do the right thing and help repair the damage they caused by compensating or if not they are saying they stole resources to force players to have to purchase more to get back to where they were and not fix they damage they caused. By not fixing the issue they caused they are saying as redmatch1 stated "they don't care about their customers". We will see which it is, their actions, or lack of action will speak for them.
  • shaneo442202
    1 posts New member
    its a sad day. command and conquer has let me down. after 20+ years of playing all there games they start cheating. hey moderator can i get a refund on the funds currently have ?
  • gamerdruid
    4253 posts Moderator
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    @EE_Elephterion has already stated that no increases in existing worlds are likely.

    A lot of comments suggest that I do something about the changes. I am a forum moderator and a player. I do not have control of what the developers do. I draw their attention to these forums when I think it is needed (TA isn't the only game they work on) and they respond as they see fit.

    My comments about compensation were aimed at those that were suggesting only their accounts be compensated by listing them. Compensation, if it is issued, has always been on a world basis with all accounts that have logged on in the previous 7 days gaining whatever is decided by the developers.

    And that statement was incorrect.
    The statement was correct. It has been made after the changes to Tib46 etc as a result of the issues found.
    In the near future, no more changes of this type will be made.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • The statement was correct. It has been made after the changes to Tib46 etc as a result of the issues found.
    In the near future, no more changes of this type will be made.
    [/quote]

    The fact is moderator your lame excuses do nothing for what happened to us on Tiberium 46. EA and it's developers suddenly and without any warning increased the world forgotten base levels on a Forgotten attacks world by 20 levels destroying our bases and taking our resources moderator. I am tired of your **** and excuses. The fact that you say the world was reset to the previous levels makes no difference moderator. You have done nothing, you have taken no action, you are a thief as is EA and you suck. Any time you respond it is an excuse and a lame one at that.

    "In the near future, no more changes like this will be made." So this really means that you and EA will possibly steal more funds from players and change the rules without notice or warning, just not right away. EA's greed is why this game is losing thousands of members. It is also because of moderators like you who only make excuses for EA and do nothing to help make the mistakes made right. The fact that no more changes like this will be made does not change the fact that I will be rebuilding my bases for another 5 days with minimal resources coming in. The cost is trillions in resources lost and 2 weeks of no progress at all.

    Look at the comment above this one. Another player who wants to leave the game after 20 years of playing C & C in one form or another. It is because of EA's greed and disregard for players time and effort spent playing this game.

    It is only a mistake if resources lost are replaced and extra are given for the time down repairing bases and not bringing in resources. EA's mistake, if it was a mistake. If it wasn't a mistake it was theft.

    Like I said before moderator (and you're a lame one at that). If it was a mistake then make it right. So far no action at all just your pathetic excuses. Looks like theft to me. No wonder players are leaving the game on all worlds in droves. New players are a trickle because the game is being ruined. Your game is dying because players do not like playing for a dishonest company. This does not seem like it was a mistake, it seems like it was intentional to steal resources from players. That is why there has not been any action at all to correct the issue and make it right.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    @EE_Elephterion has already stated that no increases in existing worlds are likely.

    A lot of comments suggest that I do something about the changes. I am a forum moderator and a player. I do not have control of what the developers do. I draw their attention to these forums when I think it is needed (TA isn't the only game they work on) and they respond as they see fit.

    My comments about compensation were aimed at those that were suggesting only their accounts be compensated by listing them. Compensation, if it is issued, has always been on a world basis with all accounts that have logged on in the previous 7 days gaining whatever is decided by the developers.

    It says below every comment you post moderator "I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own". It should also say "I am EA's puppet. They pull my strings and I spout excuses for them." Well your views suck. Fix the problem or are you a cheater and a thief too? No action at all so far. Meanwhile players continue to leave the game and Tiberium 46. No one likes playing a game where cheaters lurk.

    Most of the comments above are from players who are leaving the game. With the exception of gamerdruid's excuses.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.