chadthurston
206 posts Member
edited October 18
i rescind my request for a new server.
Post edited by gamerdruid on

Replies

• gamerdruid
    4309 posts Moderator
    Not going to happen. Since they started introducing FA attacks and Morale/Malus servers there has been no basic server without one or the other that I can remember.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • I've noticed that across all recent worlds, Uprising is always set... what is that supposed to do? Is it the FF retaliating its attackers 3 days after it got destroyed?
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    been no basic server without one or the other that I can remember.

Ain't entirely true, its more like far and few inbetween Firestorm 14 has this setting, conversely Firestorm 13 had both... Firestorm worlds might have the best chance for both settings to be turned on or off.
  • gamerdruid
    4309 posts Moderator
    edited October 9
    Ain't entirely true, its more like far and few inbetween Firestorm 14 has this setting, conversely Firestorm 13 had both... Firestorm worlds might have the best chance for both settings to be turned on or off.
    My memory has proved to be faulty! You are correct, FS14 had neither FA nor Malus.

Uprising seems to be causing confusion as in another thread here ,
    @EE_Elephterion states uprising=forgotten attacks.

I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • I made that topic cause I was a little confused about all 3 rulesets... I know more about FA that moral and the least was uprising; I didn't even know what the uprising ruleset is supposed to be.

I would suggest a world type where Forgotten has better reach - Outposts spawn further from their tunnels, forgotten bases have bigger territory influence and can attack slightly farther etc. Maybe the frequency of FA should be lower than normal to compensate.

• It looks like nobody wishes to play Wrath 28 looks like no more than about 1100 accounts have started the world and how many of them are just to see who has started? With that kind of turn out i can't see many new servers of any kind starting up quickly.
  • one_cIown wrote: »
    It looks like nobody wishes to play Wrath 28 looks like no more than about 1100 accounts have started the world.
    Make that 1200, or close to that... It seems no one likes Moral/Malus cause you have a strong malus inefficiency per higher level that you attack. How many points of efficiency are deducted when attacking high level camps? Is it 10 per upper level difference?

Also there was a canceled announcement about Tiberian 53, it was set to appear on October 22, but it might be moved further or not.
  • chadthurston
    206 posts Member
    edited October 17
    delete
    Post edited by chadthurston on
  • > @one_cIown said:
    > It looks like nobody wishes to play Wrath 28 looks like no more than about 1100 accounts have started the world and how many of them are just to see who has started? With that kind of turn out i can't see many new servers of any kind starting up quickly.

1-2 weeks after starting a new server there are only about 200 players left - its always the same and everybody knows that! Also the reasons are well known.

1.PVP is more trouble than its worth (main reason)
    2. teamplay concerning base shooting not possible
    3. there are a few big groups with 2-3 wings dominating most servers
    4. decreasingly new servers + often wrong setup
    5. Funds way to expensive
    6. imbalance GDI/NOD

and so on....

Because of that the game got unalluring for new + longtime players.

But i saw that discussion/clues by players years ago -> nothing has changed since that time. So be realistic - unfortunately that game is finished!
  • 1.PVP is more trouble than its worth (main reason)
    2. teamplay concerning base shooting not possible
    3. there are a few big groups with 2-3 wings dominating most servers
    4. decreasingly new servers + often wrong setup
    5. Funds way to expensive
    6. imbalance GDI/NOD
    1. Pvp is more of a hindrance unless your really quarreling over a bunch of POI's. I guess this paves way for alliances to work together.
    2. Not entirely. Loot Penalty is defined by the destruction of the Construction Yard. Team play can still occur if the Construction Yard was hit last by the player after all other loot is taken.
    3. That's the main point of Tiberium Alliances, you form alliances and try your best to push towards the center. More alliances that are your allies means more chances for the fortress. I don't understand what's preventing all players from having a shot at the fortress by forming a big chain of alliances...
    4. Well that's because it takes longer for the servers to fill. Even though the ruleset is bad, it doesn't mean that you could enjoy the layout of the world. Don't try to climb your way to the top, just relax and enjoy. If you can 1 shot camps and outposts, that would help you in the long run.
    5. EA is kind of like Mr. Krabs, they just want the money. Ignore them, their greed would be their downfall if they fail to keep it in check... there might be an event this December cause its the 10th anniversary of the game.
    6. I know GDI lacks RP, but Nod lacks range and damage. If only you can bring the GDI research to Nod and vise-versa... here's a link to my topic: https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/274094/gdi-and-nod-upgrade-swap#latest
  • @EinarThePillager
    by reading your comments in different threads today i have one request: please stop explaining the game to us and find a different game to play. Would be the best way for all of us. Thx.
  • Last two servers with that setup (no morale, no FA) were Firestorm servers.
    Firestorm 14, started June 2020
    Firestorm 10, started September 2018

It's not often to see this kind of word, maybe next year. To keep two years gap.
  • @EinarThePillager
    by reading your comments in different threads today i have one request: please stop explaining the game to us and find a different game to play. Would be the best way for all of us. Thx.

:D:D:D
  • chadthurston
    206 posts Member
    edited October 17
    delete
  • In this thread i was asking for a specific rule set type server, i was not asking for the opinions of other people,i will thankyou for using the appropriate threads for your comments.
    Well I apologize for the sake of that person, some people can simply go too far if their either bored or excited...
    With regards to your question, I ask you a question: Which world type would you hate the most? Moral of FA? Stick to servers that don't have that until a server with neither setting shows up.
  • chadthurston
    206 posts Member
    edited October 17
    delete
  • Shinerplunderer
    285 posts Member
    edited October 16
    Good to know, what is your strat for the no FA and moral world? I have my own strat where I wait for 8+ hours farming tiberium and power to upgrade both CY and CC. I ignore the tutorial rewards that have CP in them as it breaks the strat...
    Post edited by Shinerplunderer on
  • chadthurston
    206 posts Member
    edited October 17
    delete
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.