EA Forums - Banner

Account Name change

Brisamar348
2 posts New member
Im on Tib 56 Started to Play with account Named BRISAMAR 348
ever thing OK so Far
I attacked a level 12 forgotten base killed it
Ok so Far
Then all of a sudden my account name changed to a string of Numbers and letters in the alliance roster and on my account, I logged out and logged into a different world on another computer This also showed my account name as a String of Numbers and letters.

Is this a glich or has the account been Hijacked. I still have Full access to it and normal operation, Just its name had changed

Any one got any Idears to what has Happened

Replies

• Try changing your name to BRISAMAR 348? That will tell you if it is still available. If not available then think who would possibly have access to your account (an old friend that is now a new enemy?). I believe some guys share log in details. This is of course against rules and advisement as it has multiple risks. One of the risks is that your base set ups are changed and maybe even your game name. :smile: there are many other risks too many to list.
  • gamerdruid
    4752 posts Moderator
    edited July 24
    I don't think this is a result of a hack or even a shared login as there are quite a few players with the effect on their names.

009bgexj99w5.png

I'd advise against changing anything to do with your ID until the developers have had time to investigate. It is likely to be caused by a problem with the database connections or some other internal glitch.

Does it show incorrectly on other worlds or just Tib 56? (Log into another world to test, even if you've not been there before.)
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • gamerdruid
    4752 posts Moderator
    edited July 24
    After a little investigating I can see that this has happened over a number of worlds and isn't confined to Tib56

t3ytrnqbddfv.png
    is one example from Tib 54 but I've found others on CB2 and elsewhere which would lead me to suspect it is almost certainly a glitch on a server somewhere in the system and not a malicious change by a player.
  • Yes Game this account is only on or been on 3 worlds and its happened on all 3
    The account has never even been SUB to any one else So NO one has any details of the account except me
    I thought it was a Game glinch that why I posted

Till its sorted I will not fund it just in case
  • gamerdruid
    4752 posts Moderator
    I'm informed that it isn't a database connection error - I'm waiting to find out what it is!