EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

EA Sports NHL on Nintendo Switch

Prev1
DESS-M-8
0 posts Member
edited January 2017
I've played the NHL series since EA Sports double header on sega mega drive, while its had its ups and downs it has remained one of my favourite games since my youth.

I play all formats except Xbox and was gutted with the failure of Wii U as I loved the run of NHL games on GameCube. Why it passed on Wii I don't know.

With the Nintendo Switch on the horizon and fast becoming my most wanted console since the Nintendo 64 I can see an overwhelming possibility for the greatest version of NHL on Nintendo Switch.

A fully mobile home console means:
1: could play a HUT league game on my dinner break at work.
2: I can better manage my trades and card sales 24/7 no matter where I am.
3: if I am away from home or on holiday? I can still log in to keep my daily puck reward going withiitbit resetting back to zero.
4: I can play anyone. Anywhere. Anytime.

That concept alone makes me want all EA Sports and Battlefield and Battlefront games to come to Nintendo Switch.

The most competive online gaming is best position on a format that can be played anywhere, anytime and the Nintendo Switch is bringing it in March, we just need EA to see that cash potential in this and bring thheir arenas to Nintendo Switch.

Anybody else with an interest in the same thing, please feel free to add to this post and see what global interest is out there.

Replies

• DESS-M-8 wrote: »
    I've played the NHL series since EA Sports double header on sega mega drive, while its had its ups and downs it has remained one of my favourite games since my youth.

I play all formats except Xbox and was gutted with the failure of Wii U as I loved the run of NHL games on GameCube. Why it passed on Wii I don't know.

With the Nintendo Switch on the horizon and fast becoming my most wanted console since the Nintendo 64 I can see an overwhelming possibility for the greatest version of NHL on Nintendo Switch.

A fully mobile home console means:
    1: could play a HUT league game on my dinner break at work.
    2: I can better manage my trades and card sales 24/7 no matter where I am.
    3: if I am away from home or on holiday? I can still log in to keep my daily puck reward going withiitbit resetting back to zero.
    4: I can play anyone. Anywhere. Anytime.

That concept alone makes me want all EA Sports and Battlefield and Battlefront games to come to Nintendo Switch.

The most competive online gaming is best position on a format that can be played anywhere, anytime and the Nintendo Switch is bringing it in March, we just need EA to see that cash potential in this and bring thheir arenas to Nintendo Switch.

I'm from Missouri regarding that claim in bold.
  • If they added NHL 2017 to the switch, It'd be a guaranteed sale on both console and game for me. Can't justify buying an Xbox one or a PS4 for ONE game, but the switch already has a few games and handheld NHL would be sell it in full.
  • @KoryDub How are you to say that there are no plans for NHL 18 to appear on the switch? Based on the success of nintendo switch pre orders I think it will.
  • @KoryDub How are you to say that there are no plans for NHL 18 to appear on the switch? Based on the success of nintendo switch pre orders I think it will.

If you look below his name, it says Gamechanger. That means he has inside information you will never get. If he says it ain't happening, then there is a 99.9% he is correct.
  • If NHL comes to the switch before PC it will be a joke.
  • P4tchey wrote: »
    If NHL comes to the switch before PC it will be a joke.

I'll bet it won't come to either.
    Sadly
  • P4tchey wrote: »
    P4tchey wrote: »

Sadly

Not for me. I haven't even owned a PC and/or a laptop in over 10 years. I like that all I have to do is turn on my PS4 and play without worrying about anything else. :)

Not sure I understand your comment. What is there to worry about using a pc? Improved performance, 60 plus fps, no subscription service, modding...
  • @KoryDub do you think there's a possibility of nhl 19 coming to the switch?
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    @KoryDub do you think there's a possibility of nhl 19 coming to the switch?

I'm not too sure. All I know is right now there are no plans.

what about the Gamecast?
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    @KoryDub do you think there's a possibility of nhl 19 coming to the switch?

I'm not too sure. All I know is right now there are no plans.

what about the Gamecast?

haha.. you mean that droid device?

• Honestly NHL on switch would be an instant sell for me. I'm waiting on the switch until a few more titles come out. But if NHL were ported to it, I'd buy it tomorrow.

Not buying a PS4 or Xbox for one game though. I understand why it isn't coming to PC. They don't want to sell one years worth of the game, and then have modders just update the roster every year. It's kinda shady that they just resell an updated roster every year, but companies gotta make money I guess.
  • Ysil69 wrote: »
    If they added NHL 2017 to the switch, It'd be a guaranteed sale on both console and game for me. Can't justify buying an Xbox one or a PS4 for ONE game, but the switch already has a few games and handheld NHL would be sell it in full.

Why wouldn't you buy more than one game? Since you infer that you would on the switch?

Just an fyi, the switch will cost more than basic versions of both ps4 and xbone.

Also, IF they released a hockey game, it would at the earliest be nhl 18. But as far as i can recall, i believe i saw something along the lines of no intention of bringing it to the switch. Wouldn't make sense either way until ea can see the potential sales based on units of the switch sold. Right now there is no financial incentive to bring nhl to a handheld console that doesn't have any sales yet. It could be the wii U all over again (low sales).
  • flyextacy wrote: »

Sadly

Not for me. I haven't even owned a PC and/or a laptop in over 10 years. I like that all I have to do is turn on my PS4 and play without worrying about anything else. :)

Not sure I understand your comment. What is there to worry about using a pc? Improved performance, 60 plus fps, no subscription service, modding...

You have to worry about whether or not your rig can even get those specs, as the pc world moves much faster in terms of requirements (if you want to play newer games later down the road). Cost is much higher to get the better specs, and Xbox one has modding now, so thats a moot point any way.

Consoles are much more convenient as well as economical in the long haul. Might not be graphically equivalent, but for the fraction of the cost, and knowledge, you’ll get an arguably better experience depending on your personal level of competence(regarding pcs).

I personally haven't gamed on a pc in probably 12 years myself. Haven't felt like I've missed anything special yet.