EA Forums - Banner

Watch our Official Gameplay Deep Dive for Madden 21

Learn more about Madden NFL 21 news HERE
Are you ready to hit The Yard in Madden NFL 21?
Get the deep dive on this new game mode HERE

Play-as-a-player, player never plays

Made an offline CFM where I'm playing as a running back. I'm 3rd string on a team that should be a run-heavy team. I've tried the following:

1) Play a game normally, with Instant starter off. After several games, I played every punt and kick return, but 0 offensive snaps.
2) Sim games (like I had to with Madden 17). After half a season of this, I check and I have 0 attempts.
3) Turn on instant starter. I'm still 3rd string and the above two scenarios (where I get 0 offensive snaps) plays out.

I understand that as a UDFA rookie I shouldn't see every snap or even be the #1 RB. However, I should at least get a handful of snaps each game. I should get enough snaps that my season goal of rushing yards is reasonable, and that I can have a chance at achieving game goals and drive goals to earn XP. As it stands, 99% of my XP comes from training, and I don't even bother playing the game.

Alternatively, if the game is just going to make me a kick/punt returner until every other RB on the roster is hurt, my game and season goals should include return yards.

Replies

• I have the same issue, I believe. When I make an Offline CFM, me as either a WR or RB, When the center snaps the ball my RB won't protect QB or run his assigned routes by himself, same with the WR and TE's Is this a glitch in the game or is this the way it is now?
  • I believe that's the way the game is now. I don't mind it (although I wish there was an auto option), what I do mind is it's tough sometimes to see my wide receiver. I've also tried to hit X-Square (to snap and engage the shifty release option), only I'm not ready to snap yet, so I bring up the audible window, and because I'm in Chew Clock mode it takes too long to get out of it and I get a false start.
  • Sorry, delay of game*