EA Forums - Banner

Off Ball Injuries

On the grand scheme of things, this is no big deal.

First, i want to say that offball injuries was one of the things i've clamored for for a decade. I'm glad that they are in the game... though it's weird when the lineman CB fractures his ribs for no reason but it's ok.

This game has way too many cut scenes, but when an off ball injury occurs, THAT is when a cut scene is needed. All we see is "injury" but have to go to the menu to see who was injured.

Replies

• I agree. I hate not knowing what happened. You don't even know from who's team is the injured player.
  • Yep I agree with this also,been having a TON of injuries in Franchise and I am kinda like.... but how....

Not being able to see it makes it seem rather "random" which I mean injuries are, but it cant be this many off contact injuries going on.
  • Injuries are definitely higher this year than others. Our league almost has every team with an injury to a key player.

I think this can be good because it'll force teams to have quality depth at positions and not just the 11 guys one each side of the ball. That's definitely what this is forcing me to do with my teams.
  • Injuries is weird this year. Last year, injuries mostly happened when you simmed a game. This year, it mostly happens when you play a game.

I dropped the injury slider down to about 35 and every game I play still results in at least one player being injured for about 5 weeks (currently have about 4 abdominal strains right now) but around the league, teams have no injuries.

EAs motto: if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
  • NatureBoy2323
    3704 posts Game Changer
    I have had a huge amount of injuries in my CFM. I have four starters that are out for the season. It doesn't look like I will be bringing the Lombardi Trophy back to Oakland this Season.
  • I have had a huge amount of injuries in my CFM. I have four starters that are out for the season. It doesn't look like I will be bringing the Lombardi Trophy back to Oakland this Season.

Don't worry... I won't be bringing the Lombardi back to Philly either.

(The Eagles won it all in Madden 17, so I get to say bring it' back)