EA Forums - Banner

How is your franchise going so far in Madden NFL 18?

NatureBoy2323
1472 posts Game Changer
What team or teams are you using? Tell us how your season or seasons are going?

Replies

• I can't start a franchise until this game is fixed. My defenders constantly run the wrong way or just stop completely, letting the CPU score. It's ridiculous.
  • im playing Franchise mode as a tight end and field goals are impossible to make. team scores a touchdown and you select PAT. you have to take control of the kicker, but the camera is locked to your player. the HUD stays on the aiming feature and you have to guess where the power and aim meter is. i havent made a single field goal or PAT so far. it would be nice if this were fixed somehow, whether the CPU controls the kicker or the game gives you the normal kicking camera angle / HUD
  • Playing an online CFM with a buddy. I, as usual, am head coach of the Raiders. So far I'm 6-5-1 with 5 games going into overtime. 2 of my losses came where I was driving to take the lead/tie it up and suddenly my passes end up nowhere near my target receiver. The other 3 came when the AI QB whom was completing less than 40% of their passes turns into the most accurate passer to ever grace the gridiron and easily drives down the field for the winning score.

I DO like that I actually lose games now. I DON'T like that every loss feels forced.

Overall though I'm pretty happy with how the season is playing out.

Makes me sick how much Madden 18 pushes MUT. Soon as I start the game MUT is thrown in my face. Would be nice if there was an "Are you interested in Ultimate Team?" option and if you select NO then you bypass all the pushing.
  • I don't know how you guys can enjoy a season. I'm trying so hard to enjoy this game but it seems to have way more problems than years past. It totally ruins an otherwise fun game when my defender literally runs away the moment the QB throws the ball. I call the right defense and everyone is covered. How bout they program the CPU to run the QB or throw the ball away rather than making a completion when coverage was perfect. At least throw a "50/50" ball and make me believe the receiver made a play. But to see my defender just run away is just infuriating.
  • NatureBoy2323
    1472 posts Game Changer
    I'm using the Raiders and I am 4-2 so far. Injuries have been very abundant this year. I have six starters who are out for the year. Marshawn Lynch broke his ribs last night. He's going to be out six weeks. And I won't even get started about interceptions. It's been a season already and i'm only going into week seven.
  • Honestly it has been very fun this year so far, granted we are only 10 weeks in ! I only have 2 issues and this is something we as commissioners need in order to run the league efficiently. One give us the option of locking rosters so people can't drop or sign someone.

My biggest complaint is the draft, most drafts have about 1500 to 3000 players in real life, by the time you get to the 4th 5th round in CFM no more LG or RE or MLB. So your stuck picking something you don't need which is not realistic. EVEN 100 to 115 of each POSITION (Except for Kicker or Punter) would be more then enough. I would pay 20 more dollars if they focused hardcore on CFM and really upgraded it.
  • After my last post I went on a 4 game streak and ended the season 10-5-1 and earned a Wild Card spot where I faced the team I tied in the regular season: Baltimore Ravens. We both entered the post season 10-5-1 and I dominated them in the rematch despite a plethora of injuries.

On to the next round I faced the 11-5 Patriots. WoW!

First 2 Patriots drives = 2 plays, 2 passes, 2 TDs. I don't know how Cooks and Hogan just ended up down field with nobody within 20 yards of them at the point of reception. After that my defense started to step it up and we made it a game. It came down to my final drive in regulation with no timeouts left. I got greedy and went for the game winning TD instead of a FG to tie and it got picked off. We will remember that come next season.

Notable season stats:

Derek Carr: 4,075 yards 23 TD 19 INT
    Marshawn Lynch (Missed 4 games): 958 yards 9 TDs
    Jared Cook: 1,020 yards 8 TDs
    Amari Cooper: 991 yards 6 TDs
    Khalil Mack: 71 tackles 21 sacks
    Sebastian Janikowski: 27/28 longest FG 62 yards