EA Forums - Banner

The Connection to Your Peer Has Been Lost is cheating and so annoying

When users are losing and they disconnect their console so they don't get credit for a loss is cheating. If you quit the game you should get credit for a loss especially in the weekend league when the rewards are based on the number of wins. This makes playing the game no fun when people cheat like this. Do the right thing and concede if you are losing and don't want to play anymore.

Replies

• I found where you can report a user for 'quitting early' but it isn't working, it says 'something went wrong'. Please fix this.
  • According to someone on the chat help window this is the place to put issues like this:
    Anand
    we do not have athourity to do so because we have team there who pick the issue from there and proceed with it from there and let you know about it
  • Madden%2018 MADDEN 18Email Print End Chat
    Thank you for contacting us. Anadi will help you soon.
    Anadi
    Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Anadi, may I start with your first name please?
    you
    I need to talk to a supervisor
    Anadi
    Okay let me take permission. Please allow me couple of minutes.
    Anadi
    Chris he is busy in taking another query. If you want you can share your issue with me.
    you
    no I will wait for the supervisor
    you
    if you already know my name, why are you asking me for it?
    Anadi
    In the beginning details were not populated properly that's why I asked. Is there any problem in this?
    you
    how long until the supervisor is available?
    Anadi
    Please wait for one or two minutes.
    Please wait while we get this chat session where it needs to go.
    Thank you for contacting us. Supervisor will help you soon.
    Supervisor
    Hi Chris! I am one of the supervisors here at EA.
    Supervisor
    I am going through your case history.
    you
    it is lengthy
    Supervisor
    Would you mind allowing me a few minutes while I do the same?
    you
    sure
    Supervisor
    Thank you.
    Supervisor
    If I get this correctly, you got a loss when it was the opponent who disconnected it.
    you
    only some of the time
    you
    every other time they have told me to delete the alternate mac address and clear persistent storage and it has fixed the problem temporarily
    you
    today Abhiyas told me something completely different that I don't understand and then rudely disconnected my chat session
    Supervisor
    I apologize for the rude behavior by Abhiyas. I'll make sure that he gets coached and necessary actions would be taken against him.
    Supervisor
    Have you performed all the troubleshooting steps suggested previously and still getting disconnected?
    you
    if what he said is true then the other times I have contacted help, they haven't actually fixed the problem and he says that he couldn't do anything to compensate me for the issue happening yet again
    you
    not yet, I have no idea what he was talking about
    you
    and like I said he just ended the chat
    you
    so I immediately contacted again to report the rude behavior
    you
    I don't know how to explain the issue to my ISP
    you
    I am calling them now
    Supervisor
    Before calling them, I would request you to help me with a small connection test report.
    Supervisor
    I would read it and let you know what could be the potential problem with your connection, if any.
    you
    how do I do that?
    Supervisor
    I'll walk you through that.
    you
    on the phone with them now
    Supervisor
    Alright, first of all, please download this application: https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/eahelp/documents/uotrace.exe
    Supervisor
    Once it is installed, please follow the link below for next steps:
    https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
    Supervisor
    The steps would be under the heading - Run a UOTrace
    Supervisor
    Are we connected, Chris?
    you
    yesw
    Supervisor
    Thanks for being connected.
    you
    my ISP says if there is no packet loss than the issue that Abhiyas told me about is incorrect
    you
    they said over the last 5 weeks of my ISP, I have been up 100% of the time which indicates there is no packet loss
    Supervisor
    Thank you Chris for informing about this. I can validate the same once the connection test report is generated and I read it.
    Supervisor
    Could you please gather a report and send it to me?
    you
    the link you sent does nothing
    Supervisor
    Supervisor
    Please open this link in a new tab and then search for Run a UOTrace in the help article.
    Supervisor
    Are we connected, Chris?
    you
    yes I don't know what I'm doing
    you
    trying to find the program
    Supervisor
    Ah! I see.
    Supervisor
    Have you been able to open that link?
    you
    yes
    Supervisor
    Great, now please search for Run a UOTrace on this page.
    you
    my ISP said forwarding the ports opens me to being hacked
    you
    and they can't do it
    you
    the Ultima Online Trace Utility is not responding
    Supervisor
    As per my experience, I haven't heard anything like that. We always suggest our players to open the following game specific ports:

For Xbox One :

UDP Ports - 53, 88, 3074
    TCP Ports - 53, 80, 3074
    Supervisor
    They are tried and tested and once you open them, it ensures better connectivity to the game servers.
    you
    I did what I was told and they looked and said there was no packet loss over the last 5 weeks
    you
    yes they could do it but they don't because it opens me up to being hacked
    you
    or makes my connection unsecure
    you
    they all said 0% loss except for 2 unkown hosts
    Supervisor
    Chris, we would be able to come to a conclusion after checking the UO Trace report. I understand your concern regarding getting hacked however we haven't heard anything like that in the past. We have officially published that all games published by 'Sony Computer Entertainment America,and the PlayStation™Network can use these ports for communication with SCEA game servers
    you
    right, my point is that's not my issue
    you
    my issue is my game isn't working
    you
    I don't understand any of this
    you
    I just need my game to work
    you
    I did what I was told and contacted my ISP
    you
    I have spent hours and hours of my time on this issue
    you
    and was rudely disconnected by your representative
    you
    I just need my problem fixed or compensation like the other times
    you
    this has never happened when I was losing, it only happens when I am winning
    Supervisor
    We also want it to work and if you feel that you are getting disconnected because some one is using a cheat/hack then you can please report that user.
    https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/
    you
    yes I am not logging into my computer to report people, I do that from my xbox
    you
    if I had to do it your way I would spend many hours every week reporting players
    you
    my ISP said they will not forward the ports like you have requested because it isn't secure
    you
    so I need you to fix the problem or compensate me as has been done in the past
    you
    i searched for UO trace and a lot of other people online have had issues with this too
    Supervisor
    I am checking the possibility of adding some sort of compensation.
    Supervisor
    If we talk about the potential fix, I have already provided that. It is port forwarding however if you don't feel secure in doing the same, we would not force you to do so.
    you
    my ISP will not do it
    you
    and that's not my issue, if you don't like their answer you need to talk to them about that, nto me
    you
    I just need my problem addressed
    you
    and I have spent a very long time on this issue tonight again after several other times
    you
    they have given me gold player packs before, which I thought was fair compensation
    Supervisor
    Chris, I appreciate that you reported this issue to us and our job is to provide you with resolution. As we have already discussed, port forward could be the potential resolution and I'd suggest that you should give it a try.
    Supervisor
    After checking your account I could see that we have added maximum compensation on the account.
    you
    THATmy ISP WILL NOT DO
    you
    MY ISP WILL NOT DO THAT
    Supervisor
    Okay fine.
    you
    so you haven't addressed the issue
    you
    I did what I was asked and what you want me to do can't be done
    Supervisor
    I’m sorry but I have provided you with the available resolution for the issue, and am going to have to end this discussion if there is nothing else I can assist you with. After checking your account I could see that we have added maximum compensation on the account, however I am going to make an exception and add 1 Gold pack.This would be the last time we would add a pack.
    Supervisor
    Would you like that?
    you
    I need my game to work
    you
    if this is going to continue to happen and the method you want me to do can't be done, that's not my fault
    you
    if you buy a product and it doesn't work right, you would expect resolution to be made
    you
    I have spent hundreds of dollars on your game and you're acting like small compensation is a big deal
    Supervisor
    We have provided you with the resolution. I will also send some troubleshooting steps that you can perform later. I'll send them over an email.
    you
    you have not provided the resolution because it can't be done
    Supervisor
    Would you like to perform other steps?
    you
    yes I need my issue resolved
    Supervisor
    Alright, I will send the troubleshooting steps over email.
    you
    no we need to do them now
    Supervisor
    I am adding a gold pack as well.
    you
    so I know if it works
    you
    and that I did it correctly
    Supervisor
    Alright, I need a UO Trace report before proceeding further. Please follow the steps on the link and gather a report.

you
    I attached a screenshot to case# 37884923
    you
    can you see it?
    Supervisor
    Yes, thank you.
    Supervisor
    I am just checking the results.
    Supervisor
    Would you mind allowing me 3-4 minutes?
    you
    ok
    Supervisor
    Thanks for being patient. I found that the Ping Best to Worst ratio is more than 50 in some of the packets. Gaps between 50 ms to 100ms indicate instability of the node tested. It is one of the causes for disconnection.
    you
    so what does that mean?
    Supervisor
    It means that connection is sometimes instable and it makes you lose the connection from EA servers at times.
    you
    so what do I do about it?
    Supervisor
    Well I would have to say it again that port forwarding is the solution but your ISP is not doing it.
    Supervisor
    One of the steps that you can try is bypassing the router.
    you
    are the two 100% losses the problem?
    you
    it is a wired connection, not a wireless router
    Supervisor
    Ping best to worst ratio and unknown hosts as well. They are causing the issue.
    you
    so why would it only happen when I am winning and never when I am losing if that is true?
    Supervisor
    Thanks for clarification that it is a wirteless router.
    you
    is not a wireless router
    you
    it is hardwired
    Supervisor
    My bad, I meant wired one.
    Supervisor
    It is quite weird and could be trick used by some players who want to ruin the fun in the game.
    you
    yes I believe that is the case
    you
    and thus not an internet issue on my part
    you
    they are disconnecting their consoles or something like that
    you
    which is why I report them every time
    Supervisor
    I would document everything in the case notes and request you to report such users so that our terms of services team can do the needful against their account.
    you
    I have done it probably 100 times
    Supervisor
    I can imagine how inconvenient it is and while we work on improving the game for you, currently that is the only way to report such users.
    you
    what happens when I report a player?
    Supervisor
    When you report a player and all the required information is mentioned in the report, our terms of service team investigates and take necessary actions against their account, if the reported user is found to be at fault.
    Supervisor
    I will add a Gold pack to your account as compensation. Could you please confirm your Xbox 1 gamertag?
    you
    TroyPolamaluHOF
    you
    what is required for them to be found at fault?
    you
    when they do this and I look them up it shows they are either still in the same game or sometimes that they are in a different game
    Supervisor
    Thank you for providing the gamertag. Xbox Live has a system to review all cheat/abuse instances. They would ask you for the gamertag of the user and a brief description of what has happened in the game.
    you
    yes I report them for quitting early
    Supervisor
    Would you allow me a minute while I add the pack?
    you
    yes
    Supervisor
    Thank you and I appreciate it.
    Supervisor
    You should be able to see the pack now. I have added it to the gamertag - TroyPolamaluHOF.
    you
    yes thank you
    you
    so what do I do when this happens again?
    you
    we agree that it is because of the other user's behavior, so not my fault
    you
    I always concede if I want to quit a game
    Supervisor
    You are welcome. I can suggest that report them. Also, you can post about this on EA forums for Madden 18. Here is the link - https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/categories/madden-18
    you
    what do you want me to post there?
    Supervisor
    You can ask more users to like it and comment on it so that game devs can look into it.
    you
    list the gamertags that do this?
    Supervisor
    You can report that there are some users who are disconnecting the game and you got loss for that game.
    Supervisor
    Please report those users through in game feature only.
    Supervisor
    Would there be anything else I can assist you with today?
    you
    I do it from the xbox menu
    you
    on the console
    Supervisor
    Ah! I meant the same.
    you
    so if I am given a loss for this happening there is nothing else that can be done?
    Supervisor
    Chris, there could be two reasons for this issue. In a nutshell, one is internet connectivity which does not seem perfect in your case, second is potential cheat. I have already requested you to open ports but that doesn't seem to be a good idea according to your ISP, we are left with reporting those users. If they are found to be at fault, they would be penalized.
    you
    yes if it was an internet/port issue then it should happen equally often when I am losing, but it never does
    Supervisor
    Alright, so please report such users and they would be dealt with accordingly if their account is found to be using some sort of cheat.
    you
    yes I do that and it takes a lot of time, but that doesn't do anything to rectify the game giving me a loss when I am winning
    you
    if you look at my game results you will see that I always lose or concede
    Supervisor
    Chris, I agree with you and have provided you with the best possible information on this issue and compensation as well. This is the best that we could do at the moment. Would there be anything else apart from this issue?
    you
    so what do I do when it happens again?
    you
    I appreciate the gold pack you have provided today and in the past
    Supervisor
    As discussed already, please report the user and if possible open ports. Thanks for your understanding.
    Supervisor
    Do you have any more questions for me today?
    you
    so you are saying if I am being cheated nothing else will be done to address this issue?
    Supervisor
    I’m sorry but I have provided you with the available resolution for the issue, and am going to have to end this discussion if there is nothing else I can assist you with. Thanks for contacting EA Help.
    The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.
  • Please anyone else that is having this issue reply here and like these posts so maybe EA will do something to fix it
  • Im sorry but this stuff happens. It is people who demand compensation because someone disconnected that has destroyed any real help for people with real issues in the game. This is why EA sent customer service to a foreign country. Why would you think you are owed compensation because some child unplugged his internet because he was losing? Why? Who owes you anything? I am sorry but I just couldnt believe your thread. If someone disconnects then just restart a new game or choose a different one. Good luck.
  • Mountaineer9499
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    This happens to us too. How is this even right for this to happen. Need to compensate for lost games and waste of time.
    I have talked to reps. Also and been told to post complaint on forum and they will be to it eventually.
    Compensate for numerous lost games due so someone loosing their Internet connection.
    Been headed to playoffs several times and then peer lost connection but caused loss on our profiles.
    Post edited by Mountaineer9499 on