EA Forums - Banner

What are the Communities Top Franchise Mode requests for Madden NFL 19?

Replies

• jjdwyer30
    164 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So let me ask everyone this, what would be the top three things you would fix/add to CFM to make it better?

1- user mobile QB run like a running back in open field and be able to beat a 73 SPD DE to the corner.

2- edit draft class prior to draft.

3- Actually address the concerns we have. I personally thought this was the worst Madden game I have ever played, and probably won’t buy it again unless a lot of the things we have brought up on the thread are addressed. The same things we are asking for now are the same things that should have been in the game 15 Year’s ago.
  • Stats:

Why does the sack record get broken almost every year? Can we scale back the sacks a bit?

There are too many RB’s that average over 100 YPG.

And in simulated games, why do ILB’s never have TFL?
  • Defensive Base Align:

When a safety is matched up in man coverage with a TE or RB, why does the safety stay back 20 yards? When base align is performed shouldn’t the defensive player match up with the player they are covering by moving up to line of scrimmage automatically? I always have to move the player manually and it is really annoying
  • jjdwyer30
    164 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Passing:

I would like to hear what you guys would like to see for the passing game, but I would like the left analog be used to direct the pass...it is easy and effective. Let me know what you think!
    Post edited by jjdwyer30 on
  • Please add actual college players to draft classes. Also, make trades easier to do... Please add a massive touchdown celebration feature where you can do many various dances, celebrations, and allow free movement during celebrations like NHL, in that, you can control where you want to run to. I’m not quite sure if this is already a feature, but it would be cool to have personalized celebrations for certain players. For example, Gronk spiking the ball, Juju Smith-Shuster and Antonio Brown with their dances, Victor Cruz salsa, Jimmy Graham goal post dunk (I don’t care that the NFL banned it), Cam Newton’s signature cellys, & OBJ & his ever complicated relationship with the net, among others... Thanks!
  • More complex managing players, coaches and personnel on and off the field. Better scouting leading to the offseason. Better drafting then the way is now. Weather and wear and tear on the field. Not just for cosmetics but actually effects the players. More options with the way to handle injuries and trainers. This are some of my ideas hopefully madden 19 can have.
  • Hiring Offensive Coordinators and Defensive Cooridnators. More realistic draft classes! Come up with more draft lines than the same ones over and over again. Bring training camp or drills back! Waiver wire would be pretty cool too. Allow us to assemble a full team, qbs coach, wrs coach, etc. Make negotating contracts more realistic as in bidding wars, destanation desires, etc.. A big one for me would be make the fans at your home stadium factor into the momentum of the game, if its a close game allow that place to get rocking with the fans noise!
  • Promotions Would Be Great For Franchise Mode.
  • For CFM add a limit in league setting for trade limits vs user or cpu. Ex: 1-3 for season. Add a vote like in fantasy football that adds for a trade to go through with commishes that can be turned on and off in league setting. Add a penalty for users who cheat in setting like a salary hit or pick taken away which would only effect year round leagues.

For same plays over and over add a limit in setting vs cpu or user. Make people learn plays instead of that garbage MUT H2H gameplay u see were people find gimmie plays which is lame.
  • NatureBoy2323
    3414 posts Game Changer
    I would like to thank all of you guys for the great feedback you have given us in this thread. Keep it coming! #CFMMovement
  • I would like to see more options in franchise for creating a new team. Like above make it like NHL 18. I loved the ability to design my own uniforms and everything. Just like in madden 07 even the ability to start with all crappy players and be an expansion team.

Another big adjustment I'd like to see is when making your own playbook being able to use it. I'd love the ability to create my own playbook and use it as a coach in franchise.

Also support the notion of coordinators as a coach to make more customizable experience. Maybe even start as one for a coaching career. Only being able to do offense or defense. Even a position coach and only control those players

Other than that just the usual play upgrades and bug fixes. Seems to be a lot of plays I deem of being Maddened when the cpu skills are raised in the middle of games and play perfect no matter what you do
  • CPU should recognize age instead of overall when user trades vs CPU in CFM. Like a Julio Jones with spd 88 but overall 94 and a first round pick. That would be like a 4-5 round pick you would think.
  • NatureBoy2323
    3414 posts Game Changer

Sim has spent a lot of time giving ideas for new features he would like to see in Madden NFL 19's Connected Franchise Mode. But what about the features that are already in the game? Will them be improved? In this video he will discuss how Big Decisions could use more diversity.
  • bbeashore
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm late to this topic, but I'll still add my 2c.

If Madden would replicate NBA 2k's relocation, and more specifically, uniform editing and logo upload options, I would be ecstatic. Ever since NCAA's TeamBuilder was introduced, and then again recently with NBA 2k's uniform editor, I've longed for this customization in Madden. Being able to create unique teams, or our own historical teams, or add more alternates to existing teams... I would be on cloud nine.
  • Would like to see a trade limit for CFM vs cpu if your league isnt 100% filled. Cuz trading is fun just add a limit lik 2 per season vs cpu and unlimited vs user something of that nature. Or give a group vote like in fantasy football for a trade to go through via comish or group.

Give commish for people our cheat but want to give a second chance. Like add a cap penalty hit, suspend a player that they feed for xp hungry players for like a game.

For people who play defense facing towards the offense could we have a view little zoomed out more. If your playing safety on either side your sometimes cant see the wide-outs on the sides.
  • bbeashore wrote: »
    I'm late to this topic, but I'll still add my 2c.

If Madden would replicate NBA 2k's relocation, and more specifically, uniform editing and logo upload options, I would be ecstatic. Ever since NCAA's TeamBuilder was introduced, and then again recently with NBA 2k's uniform editor, I've longed for this customization in Madden. Being able to create unique teams, or our own historical teams, or add more alternates to existing teams... I would be on cloud nine.

Boy have I got a madden game for you... too bad it’s like 10+ years old
  • jjdwyer30
    164 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Min Player Speed Threshold:

Why does this exist? I’m seriously asking because it just confuses things. If a LB with 81 spd is matched up in coverage against a 91 spd WR, he should get beat very badly.

It is also very difficult to calibrate. Is there a number to set it at that is actually realistic?
  • jjdwyer30
    164 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Cpu RB Speed:

When under the 2 min. Warning why does CPU running back run significantly slower (always in 1st half and with lead in 2nd half? Also, how do they always seem to pick up first down

I know this a small thing, but there are a LOT of things like this that defy logic and they add up to frustrating gameplay.
  • Cpu Screen Pass:

The QB gets sacked on about half of the screens they attempt.
  • I really want nfl head coach to be recreated as the franchise mode in madden, but with the option to control a player in game. I believe head coach was created a decade to early. With how big the nfl offseason is now, I think it would flourish. The draft in madden is way to easy that I dont even scout any more, and because of the XP system(which i really dont like. Its to fake), there are no true busts. Plus theres too many sleepers. I would like to see more sophistication with the AI. In my current game, the eagles let Wentz walk after his rookie contract with enough money to sign him and the 49ers drafted a QB in back to back drafts with garoppolo on the team. A few things i would like to see that were in head coach is the trade negotiations(but with better logic), the coaching staff, health and stamina that carry over week to week, philosophies and tendencies and draft storylines instead of the same thing over and over. All in all I think if you combine Madden gameplay with some tackling improvements(my 240 pound RB flying backwards when tackled) with a franchise mode that resembles nfl head coach, I think it would be the best video game ever.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!