EA Forums - Banner

Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment

et3737
0 posts New member
I just wanted to express concern over EAs Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment or DDA. It has ruined my fellow gamers friend's and my experience with Madden. No longer can a gamer work to become a better player but instead the difficulty will simply "adjust" to manufacture a close "exciting" game.

Though most complaints have been with MUT, it reveals itself in franchise as well and has resulted in my group of core gamers to halt our participation in Madden.

The short-term increase with in-game purchases that DDA exudes WILL inevitably result in long-term loss of Madden supporters as a result of not providing a true simulation game play experience.

For those unaware, DDA includes an algorithm which will pair players in MUT that will most likely result in a purchase from a gamer. For example, you may be paired with a player with purchased player packs that will most likely win to encourage you to purchase the players yourself.

Also, DDA will simply cause the game play to become more or less difficult depending on how a gamer performs within a game. An example of this would be the a.i. defense easily block shedding after you went up 2 scores early or perhaps the a.i. went up 2 scores early and now you are breaking a suspicious large number of tackles.

I have contacted EA on the matter and was told it cannot be fixed and is built into the game's design. However, I was told to submit these concerns on the forum in order to make the issue known to future developers.

If you are reading this as a gamer, please comment and express concerns as well. I would hate to see a game that we've grown up with continue down this path.

Replies

• NFL_TB17
    2 posts New member
    et3737 wrote: »
    I just wanted to express concern over EAs Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment or DDA. It has ruined my fellow gamers friend's and my experience with Madden. No longer can a gamer work to become a better player but instead the difficulty will simply "adjust" to manufacture a close "exciting" game.

Though most complaints have been with MUT, it reveals itself in franchise as well and has resulted in my group of core gamers to halt our participation in Madden.

The short-term increase with in-game purchases that DDA exudes WILL inevitably result in long-term loss of Madden supporters as a result of not providing a true simulation game play experience.

For those unaware, DDA includes an algorithm which will pair players in MUT that will most likely result in a purchase from a gamer. For example, you may be paired with a player with purchased player packs that will most likely win to encourage you to purchase the players yourself.

Also, DDA will simply cause the game play to become more or less difficult depending on how a gamer performs within a game. An example of this would be the a.i. defense easily block shedding after you went up 2 scores early or perhaps the a.i. went up 2 scores early and now you are breaking a suspicious large number of tackles.

I have contacted EA on the matter and was told it cannot be fixed and is built into the game's design. However, I was told to submit these concerns on the forum in order to make the issue known to future developers.

If you are reading this as a gamer, please comment and express concerns as well. I would hate to see a game that we've grown up with continue down this path.

DDA is real. On average I can’t go past an 8x Win streak without losing in some ridiculous way. Some will call me salty but when I throw to a WIDE open receiver and it bounces off his hand and is then intercepted, then that’s a bit suspect. Or getting lag when I’m trying to throw the ball away, then I get fumbled instead. I’m literally not in control when it’s lagged, I can’t do anything.

Or when you play PERFECT defense and no one can make a tackle (conservative) on the RB, and he just slips by and scores.

Furthermore, when someone comes out in nickel, dime, quarter (zone defenses), and you can’t run the ball up the middle. Despite there being wide open space down the middle, but for some reason your opponents D line just shed their blocks instantly. People you can’t say DDA isn’t real.

The only reason I ever lose is because I accidentally throw to the wrong receiver, play stupid by going for it on 4th and long, or because of the rubbish that occurs in the game like aforementioned above.
  • NFL_TB17
    2 posts New member
    NFL_TB17 wrote: »
    et3737 wrote: »

DDA is real. On average I can’t go past an 8x Win streak without losing in some ridiculous way. Some will call me salty but when I throw to a WIDE open receiver and it bounces off his hand and is then intercepted, then that’s a bit suspect. Or getting lag when I’m trying to throw the ball away, then I get fumbled instead. I’m literally not in control when it’s lagged, I can’t do anything.

Or when you play PERFECT defense and no one can make a tackle (conservative) on the RB, and he just slips by and scores.

Furthermore, when someone comes out in nickel, dime, quarter (zone defenses), and you can’t run the ball up the middle. Despite there being wide open space down the middle, but for some reason your opponents D line just shed their blocks instantly. People you can’t say DDA isn’t real.

The only reason I ever lose is because I accidentally throw to the wrong receiver, play stupid by going for it on 4th and long, or because of the rubbish that occurs in the game like aforementioned above.

And also, played a guy last night, and everytime he threw to a covered receiver, I got a dropped pick every time! Bare in mind it was thrown to Tashaun Gipson, who I think has the highest (if not one of the highest catch ratings, for a defensive player which is 83). Like how is that possible for him to drop every pick when he has such a high catch rating. DDA is present that’s what.
  • Your not alone. Most are to dumb to notice or don't care. H2H should be left along. (HEAD TO HEAD) not head to head with the game helping this guy to win. There destroying what was a great game. It's gonna force a competitor to make a better football playing experience game and I will jump ship. It's gotten ridiculous with the a.i. interference. A MLB with 88 speed can keep up with a 96 speed receivers. Lol or 10 yard separation pass threw ahead of receiver on a slant and he closes and picks it off with lighting speed. Lol what a joke
  • Like when a 6’0” 210 lb RB with a STR rating of 68 and a TRK rating of 54 runs through a 310 lb DT and a 240 lb LB hitting him (AT THE SAME TIME), while standing staight up and down at the line of scrimmage, and doesn’t even lose a step at that. Complete 🎃🎃🎃🎃! That’s just one example of many. It doesn’t matter how good you get at the game and/or how good your stick skills are...if the AI wants you to lose the game.....you’re going to lose the game!
  • Its the worst in weekend league, you get that 10th win, the game automatically shifts on you.
  • Before i knew it was called EA DDA we called it a Game Equalizer or Equalizer Effect
  • Hi guys,

It's December 2019 and I was on my lunch break researching about this DDA thing.

EA claims is not real, it's not implemented but that's all lies.

If you make 10 straight wins ... the game shifts and you can't do anything about it.

It's the 10 yards pass that is too slow, the wide open goal shot that is missed, the rebound and more rebounds that you lose or even worst when your defenders turn into shadows while tackling.

It's a scam and if proven somehow they should be put into court.
  • it is definitely real and it makes the game unplayable.. it's worse if you play MUT.. it's why I stopped playing it because I'm not going to spend money to keep the cpu/ai from playing stupid and doing unreal things to make someone I'm playing against feel as if they're amazing
  • TWxMAMBA
    2 posts New member
    It’s true DDA is ruining madden it’s even worse in madden Mobile than in actual madden... it’s RIGS THE GAME and it’s not fun... it’s actual bull #@%!