EA Forums - Banner

Watch our Official Gameplay Deep Dive for Madden 21

Learn more about Madden NFL 21 news HERE
Are you ready to hit The Yard in Madden NFL 21?
Get the deep dive on this new game mode HERE

True coach only mode in Madden 19

Any word on this...I do not want to hike the ball or do kickoffs/FGs...I want to be the coach for my team competing with 31 other people based on coaching and player decisions NOT how fast I can mash a button or how well I can line up a kick....I want my QB to have a chance to get delay of game penalties and my kicker to miss some or kick the ball out of bounds...you know stuff that really happens. Please EA...

Replies

• Chuikov007
    3 posts New member
    Old man checking in here. Arthritis fingers.
    I think this question needs answering because I'm just not seeing it. It worked in Madden 08. I'm an old PC guy so, I'm begging here. Can I play in Coach only mode, that is to say, call the plays, hike the ball, and watch it play itself? As far as I can tell it will do run plays by itself but wants my clumsy hands to do the passing and kicking which is a killer.
    I've tried coach mode and owner mode both and same thing. Run plays work but i have to control pass plays.

Any hints? Any input would sure be appreciated!

Please devs!
  • You can hike the ball and the PC will do the rest if you don't move anything. Still have to manually kick FGs, punts, kick offs and extra points though. Just make sure you turn coach mode to on and RB special moves to auto in the settings.
  • I also like to add maybe start my career as a position coach and work my way up. Focusing on developing the players of my position that I am assigned. Then the def or off cord only calling the plays for one side of the ball. And when head coach I can hire my coaching staff.
  • I haven't played a Madden game in years, but was thinking about it again. I'm very curious about this Coach only mode, if it does exist. Not sure why it wouldn't....it is in the NHL 18 game where you call the plays and the CPU plays it out.
  • Gotmadskillzson's directions mostly fixed this for me (Thank you sir/madam). You can choose the coach mode but it doesn't really turn on the AI playing mode until you turn it on under a settings menu, and don't forget to turn on that RB auto special moves option in the same settings menu either.

Frustratingly, you still have to do all the kicking. Also, on defense, sometimes the defense will just randomly switch to NOT AI controlled any more and you have to hold down the LB button (on xbox controller) during the play or the player will just stand there, making for some heroic opposing team 80+ yard touchdown passes. MADDENning.

Any more hints on these issues? And thanks again for the previous tip!

• T
    Chuikov007 wrote: »

Frustratingly, you still have to do all the kicking. Also, on defense, sometimes the defense will just randomly switch to NOT AI controlled any more and you have to hold down the LB button (on xbox controller) during the play or the player will just stand there, making for some heroic opposing team 80+ yard touchdown passes. MADDENning.

Any more hints on these issues? And thanks again for the previous tip!

The best way to resolve that is to make sure a defensive lineman is selected before the snap. They will move on their own and engage but I’m not sure if they’ll attempt special moves to get free.
  • Ok, dumb question... Where do I turn coach mode on? The RB runs fine, but the QB just stands there and get's sacked. Also, how do you select a lineman (seems to default to the LB)

Thanks for the help!
  • We need true coach mode where you ""CANNOT""" control a player after the snap....they do their own thing. How had can that be? you almost have it. Changing a few 1s to 0s should do it.
  • dtuck7777
    1 posts New member
    Ive been waiting for this as well. Adapted as best i can. Good tutorials out there explaining best way to kick FGs & PATs. As for QB, I hike the ball and then DONT TOUCH nothin! He always seems to play like he's supposed to,even throws away the ball to avoid sack if he can. As for the defence, I always put it on a DL. If you see another player selected, press F key (keyboard) until a DL is selected. That seems to work most of the time. Dont touch any keys after youve got a DL selected.