EA Forums - Banner

Possibility of playing on one EA account between 2 systems

Since I found out that Madden is finally making a return to PC, I just have to get it on there first for sure but my question is to just be 100% sure, say I were to get Madden 19 on PC, start up a MUT account on their with my EA account, then go get the game on my Xbox One as well...would I need another whole EA account or would I be able to play on the one EA account, and even one altogether MUT account, between the 2 systems?? p.s. at this point cross platform should be a thing anyways...seeing as to how Epic Games did it with Fortnite.

Replies

• EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey @zCbKz70 ,

Your MUT accounts are platform specific, progress won't carry over between PC and Xbox. With a game like Fornite you purchase your items however these are only cosmetics, don't get me wrong I'm a massive Fornite fan. On MUT the in-game economies/auction house are different depending on the console you are on. If you head over to MUT head you can see the differences yourself.

Sorry about that and let me know if you need anything else.

Roger.
  • Thanks for getting back to me, @EA_Roger
    Okay, I figured as much but just to clarify, would I have to run 2 completely separate EA accounts in each MUT?? Fair enough, it's easy to see something like Madden would hold a far more complex system than something like Fortnite, but hopefully one day in the future, it can be possible. I do know what you're speaking of though, it's all good tho.
  • @EA_Roger Oh sorry and one other thing, your MUT loyalty is completely bound to your EA account correct? So if I've played MUT 16, 17 & 18 on Xbox One, then I should still get all my loyalty rewards in MUT 19 on PC, correct?
  • EA_Roger
    zCbKz70 wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me, @EA_Roger
    Okay, I figured as much but just to clarify, would I have to run 2 completely separate EA accounts in each MUT?? Fair enough, it's easy to see something like Madden would hold a far more complex system than something like Fortnite, but hopefully one day in the future, it can be possible. I do know what you're speaking of though, it's all good tho.

You should only need one EA account, the account you are using to to log on this forum. Your MUT progress for Xbox & for Origin (PC) will be separate but saved on one EA account.

If you log in to Origin with this forum account you can see any of your GamerTags/PSNs connected:

https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index?gameId=ebisu&locale=en_US

Say for instance if I had a PSN on mine it would look like this: n80u4z4nw2kz.png
    zCbKz70 wrote: »
    @EA_Roger Oh sorry and one other thing, your MUT loyalty is completely bound to your EA account correct? So if I've played MUT 16, 17 & 18 on Xbox One, then I should still get all my loyalty rewards in MUT 19 on PC, correct?

I'm looking into this, I'm afraid the answer is going to be no but I'd rather double-check.
  • @EA_Roger Okay good to know thanks. But in that case, I do need to know about the loyalty stuff. That's gonna be what determines whether I get it on Xbox or PC. If I cannot get everything I earned thru Xbox on my PC for MUT19 then I'm gonna get it on Xbox again instead. So if you could let me know when you figure that out, that'd help a lot.
  • @EA_Roger Did you by any chance figure anything out about if the MUT loyalty rewards I earned on Xbox from the last couple Maddens would be on the PC version of MUT 19 for me??
  • EA_Roger
    sorry for the delayed response, I just got confirmation that this is indeed cross platform. As long as you are longing into the same EA account you should get the rewards you are due on PC as well. :)
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    sorry for the delayed response, I just got confirmation that this is indeed cross platform. As long as you are longing into the same EA account you should get the rewards you are due on PC as well. :)

It's all good. Oh really? I was honestly expecting a no because I heard from youtubers that the rookie premier players won't be transferrable to PC so I figured nothing would. Is that still true?