EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: April Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Does the AI have to blatantly cheat so much?

Does it have to make it so obvious?

I've had tons of incidents of the AI blatantly cheating. I can understand a psychic AI defence, but really, with 2 seconds to go in the game and I have to score a touchdown from my own 20 yard line, surely the AI will prepare for a Hail Mary, right?

Wrong. Just as an experiment I set up for a FB run using the same formation as the Hail Mary. The AI then chooses a Goal Line defence and blocks the run...

On my own 20 yard line with 2 seconds to go and a TD needed to win!

Not to mention that time when the AI needed 2 points to force overtime with seconds left on the clock. The AI kicks off and my kick receiver picks up the ball in my end zone... then proceeds to jog on the spot until he's knocked off his backside for a two point loss!

...and the amount of times my Offensive Line has turned to melted cheese because the AI needs a sack!

Replies

• SmokeDawgie
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The whole game is scripted.

Edited for langauge. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Does it have to make it so obvious?

I've had tons of incidents of the AI blatantly cheating. I can understand a psychic AI defence, but really, with 2 seconds to go in the game and I have to score a touchdown from my own 20 yard line, surely the AI will prepare for a Hail Mary, right?

Wrong. Just as an experiment I set up for a FB run using the same formation as the Hail Mary. The AI then chooses a Goal Line defence and blocks the run...

On my own 20 yard line with 2 seconds to go and a TD needed to win!

Not to mention that time when the AI needed 2 points to force overtime with seconds left on the clock. The AI kicks off and my kick receiver picks up the ball in my end zone... then proceeds to jog on the spot until he's knocked off his backside for a two point loss!

...and the amount of times my Offensive Line has turned to melted cheese because the AI needs a sack!

I highly suggest you go online and look how players are beating the CPU every time. Never use hail mary, ever.. find your go to 3 to 4 wide formation and use that. Depending on time left, game will try to beat you if you match your defense wrong. Try Nickel - Double A gap - Mid Blitz, Press R2 (ps4) to bring up layout and see which safety is covering RB, position him above RB, either use MLB and middle read or use safety but cover rb or TE.

It takes time to learn how to beat the CPU, but once you get the little things it will all click into place.
  • And btw I totally agree with the offensive line all literally falling right in front of you.

I have a 93 overall defense and 92 offense, and my Offensive Line is top notch, with all the trained abilities bought to prevent instasacks.

I have had the ENTIRE LINE collapse and the quarterback sacked the moment I hike the ball, and my WORST O Line man is a 91 overall team Diamond (30+ Zone block, 30+ go deep)

it is downright blatant cheating in a pay to play game.

And just FYI for all you people out there, don't waste your money buying a good team, I have a 92 overall, STACKED, dropped a ton of money on it (and I am no scrub, I am retired and a former pro-gamer) and it is no different then having a freaking gold team when the AI decides it is time to cheat.
  • And Deadpool I mean this with all respect, and I appreciate what you are saying, the problem is that we should not have to figure out ways to scam the CP or plays to always win, not to mention having to move around the ENTIRE defense 1/2 the time, that is what the awareness stat should be for. Maxed our Champ Bailey should KNOW to cover the endzone, rather then it being wide open with 30 lockdown.
  • Just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and dunk. Find a play that has a decent RB flat route, meaning he runs forward into the flats instead of laterally three yards behind the line of scrimmage. It doesn't have to be a wheel route. Just a solid flat. Throw a drag route going the same way and you'll be fine. When they man up use crossing routes with your fasted receiver for huge chunks of yards. Also find opportunities to throw running plays in the mix because All-madden AI is pretty decent at adjusting if you're running the same play over and over.
  • Just to add for the OP, as my thread I linked to was deleted due to a dirty word. (THis was a game where I got smoked deep by a 74 Shannon Sharpe to loose)

What really bothers me is when I have him in man coverage with 2 HOF fame CB and a FS who are all 15 points or so faster then him. But no one is even on my screen until he is running into the endzone lol.

This is my Starting and backup Defense (For passing Purposes)

30+ Pass Rush, 30 Plus Lockdown and I think 8-9 Run stuff.

CB 93 overall Champ Bailey, Maxed power, 90+ upgrade on all defense (aka p6 tip drill, unfakable, etc)

CB. 93 overall Aeneas Williams fully upgraded.

CB 94 Overall Xavier Rhodes Fully upgraded with Team Diamond.

CB 90 overall Patrick Peterson, fully upgraded,

CB, 91 overall HOF Rod Woodson fully upgraded. I have a couple of other 90-91 CB I switch in and out too.

Re 92 Maxed out Bruce Smith, powered up Legend, backed up by powered up Aaron Donald90 whatever

DT 93 overall Upgraded Bryant Young,

DT 93 overall John Randle

DT 93 overall N. Suh (All tackles are fully upgraded with skills) Powered up team diamond N. Suh.

DT 92 over all powered up Heavy Damon Harrison Sr.

LE 93 overall Reggie White, maxed powered up, backed up by I think 92 upgraded Brandon Graham.

SS 92 over all powered up Kam Chancellor, backed up by 91 Micah Hide, and 90 Landon Collins.

LOLB 94 fully powered up Kevin Greene, backed up by 89 powered up Von Miller and 91 or 92 Demarcus Ware.

MLB 94 overall Luke Kueckly, 91 overall HOF Brian Urlacher, 90 overall Deon Jones, 85 Ryan Shazier

ROLB 93 overall fully upgraded Diamond J. Clowney, Backed up by 92 overall Derrick Brooks for passing

FS 92 Overall Sean Taylor, Backed up by upgraded Honey Badger flashback 91 or whatever.

Now please, explain to me how #1 Shannon Sharpe gets 50 yards downfield in 2 seconds, and #2 how he outruns Xavier Rhodes, Champ Bailey, and Sean Taylor, Kam Chancellor...…………..To the point where I cannot even see a defender.

Talking a SEVENTY FOUR Shannon Sharpe. I have defensive ends with higher speed then him.

My offense is just as insane, and of course I deal with the 50 foot tall Middle line backers covering the entire field and silver and Gold corners Staying with Maxed our 93-94 Wide R's. And 92 Tyreek Hill...………..

O and god forbid there is a fumble, I have watched DT with 59 speed outrun BARRY SANDERS fully upgraded power up Hall of Fame 93 speed (Sprinter) and score on a scoop.