EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: September Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Madden NFL 19 Offensive Playbooks

Hello everyone,

I have a two questions for you guys. Which teams have the top 5 offensive playbooks? I saw a thread with about the defensive playbooks but nothing in regards to the offense. The next question is, which playbook has the best balance between running and passing the ball? I normally use the Kansas City Chiefs playbook but since I am just getting into Madden 19, I thought that I would ask. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• I also use the Chiefs playbook. What is aggravating is that there is very little that is like what they do in reality. Then the parts of it that are, like WR screens for instance, don't really work because the WR Never, and I mean never, can catch the ball and work up field. They always catch it and do something stupid like reversing out or starting in the wrong direction.

Also, there are very few variations of these types of 'quick hitter' plays that Andy Reid offenses have utilized for years. I think there are like only 2 plays with a short hitch route, and maybe only like 2 plays that use the Smash concept. And even further, there is only one end-around in the entire playbook and he has been running end-arounds, fly sweeps, and motioning receivers into the backfield for years.

I think the entire game could use a playbook update.

• I agree! The Chiefs playbook is not as creative as it should be. It really lacks the creativity of Coach Reid and his offensive staff. The Patriots playbook on the other hand is very current. I do not know why that is.

I played in a league once in madden 17. The heavyweights used a good playbook that had balanced run, pass options (RPO) where they would disguise short plays, deep passes and runs within the same personnel group. It is ever harder to read those plays when they run hurry up plays.

All I am looking for is some ideas, advice (if possible), and your pros and cons with the scheme that you run. Thank you in advance!
  • I agree! The Chiefs playbook is not as creative as it should be. It really lacks the creativity of Coach Reid and his offensive staff. The Patriots playbook on the other hand is very current. I do not know why that is.

I played in a league once in madden 17. The heavyweights used a good playbook that had balanced run, pass options (RPO) where they would disguise short plays, deep passes and runs within the same personnel group. It is ever harder to read those plays when they run hurry up plays.

All I am looking for is some ideas, advice (if possible), and your pros and cons with the scheme that you run. Thank you in advance!

The Pats playbook isn't current at all. We also run a lot of fly sweeps, the PA HB screen is a staple not in Madden, our dual HB/WR screen isn't in Madden, I can't remember the last time we ran split close and there are exactly 0 option routes in our playbook. It's better than KC's but not even remotely accurate
  • Thank you for the comment. @Haze453
  • Nice response. @CoachDub25_2