EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: April Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Is there a developer or community manager that I can get in contact with please i need your help!!!!

I just want to start off saying that I love the madden this year but over the past five days it has been really tough to keep my loyalty towards madden and EA in general. Here is my situation:

-5 days ago my account got hacked (hacker stole everything from me)
-filed a complaint with the EA origin contact helpline, outsourced through india or something

-They looked into the case and said that I need to secure my EA account, keep in mind that they did not mention to me that i would need to secure all my current emails and xbox devices as well.
-I secured my account and Arjay (outsourcer) helped me generate passwords and such, he didn't seem real enthusiastic about helping me and just sent me to a self help website on how to secure my ea account

- They restored my contact 2 days ago in the morning
- Later that night the same hacker has apparently been lurking on my account for the past 5 days and stole everything again

- Looked on my xbox account and found out that the hacker had somehow obtained all my info to gain access to my xbox profile on his xbox profile. Keep in mind that it looks like this person lives in Australia from his IP address and i live in Hawaii and have never been to Australia in my life nor have i shared my xbox profile info with anyone
- I secured my xbox and Microsoft profile with the help of the Microsoft

-Contacted the outsource help and told them what had happened
- Now they say that there are no exceptions to restoring my content twice
- They said it is my fault because they asked me before if my EA login had been secured
- they themselves did not help me secure all points of access and now are refusing to help me with anything and refuse to even take my calls

I have spent over $3,000+ on this game and it has all been stripped to me because of the simple fact that this outsourced company does not even care much and they do not even want to let me speak to higher ups that can give me the answers that i want and they are putting all the blame on me and basically telling me that it is my fault for getting hacked as if im some kind of computer guru when in fact i am just a chef that loves football and loves playing madden where i even wake up early in the morning just to watch all the twitch streams and look and spend money on new content.

I understand that this is a long rant, but i do not know what else to do and i really need some help.

Replies

• MorningTimeCloud
    735 posts Senior Moderator
    @eskobah Firstly you will want to secure your email address, whatever you are using (gmail, Hotmail etc) change passwords, sign out of all devices and enable 2 factor authentication on your accounts, even the EA account (and any other account that is important to you really) that is a common way people get hacked, as once someone has access to your email they can get into everything else.

After you do that, if you have any open cases with EA still try contacting them once more about this. They might be able to help out out. However account security is something that is on you to make sure that you maintain.
    - MorningTimeCloud, Senior EA Forum Moderator & Game Changer. Volunteer, not an EA employee.
  • @eskobah Firstly you will want to secure your email address, whatever you are using (gmail, Hotmail etc) change passwords, sign out of all devices and enable 2 factor authentication on your accounts, even the EA account (and any other account that is important to you really) that is a common way people get hacked, as once someone has access to your email they can get into everything else.

After you do that, if you have any open cases with EA still try contacting them once more about this. They might be able to help out out. However account security is something that is on you to make sure that you maintain.

If you do not notice I did secure my email and xbox after the second time that I have been hacked. I am a chef and not that technologically savvy as others. I just like to play games during my downtime and i like to have the best things available that is why i sunk so much money into my team.

As i have shown earlier they only told me how to secure my EA login and not knowing that I also had to secure my email and xbox that is then how i got the second time and now they are not willing to restore anything and refuse to even talk to me.
  • @MorningTimeCloud dont you think that is pretty unfair who doesn't really know how to do all these things...for a person that likes to just turn on his xbox on his days off and simply play a game that he loves or now maybe used to love
  • EA_Roger
    1477 posts EA Community Manager
    @eskobah , we won't be able to help on the forums. We can't access your MUT account or grant any items from here. Only our support can do that, if they have denied your claim the second time around there we can't force them to change their stance either.

I'd also like to remind you that the first advisor you had would have at least enabled your login verification meaning the hacker wouldn't been able to access your Xbox account without a verification code.
    Use Login Verification for extra protection on certain EA services
    Turn on Login Verification through your EA Account security settings menu.

Login Verification can help prevent anyone other than you from gaining access to your EA Account. Whenever you try to access your account information or log in to select EA games and services from a new device, you’ll be asked for a verification code.

I'm closing this down as we won't be able to offer any assistance on this for the forums.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!