EA Forums - Banner
The Madden Mobile forums are now in read mode only.
Details on this can be found on this topic. This just means that instead of posting here you can now post on our Answers HQ Madden Mobile forum.

Madden Feast Q&A

EA_David
308 posts EA Community Manager
edited November 2018
Hi guys, EA_HeySteveDave and EA_Kidwell had a Q&A over on Reddit about the upcoming Madden Feast event,starting after the reset today and running through the 28th.

Below are a selection of some of the questions and responses.

Question:
1: How long will the promo run?
2: Will there be additions along the way like Most Feared to make it easier to grind?
Answer:
1:The program will run through the 28th.
2: Due to this program being a bit shorter than the others there will not be a large boost halfway through. There will be some big rewards on Thanksgiving day in addition to actively playing up to that day.

Question:
1: what time tomorrow? please have it launch in the morning instead of afternoon like M.F. if possible
2: can we see the odds of pulling the reward on the event's that cost coins?
Answer:
1: We are aiming for a 10:30am EST launch tomorrow morning.
2: There will be no events that cost coins for Madden Feast.

Question:
1: Who will be the master/s? If you can answer.
2: Will you need to open packs/use the AH to get the master?
Answer:
1: Howdy! Masters will be a mix of old and new that relate to Thanksgiving Day games. The list is Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Patrick Mahomes, Derwin James, Aaron Donald, and Calvin Johnson.
2: Progression is very open in this program. We designed for a lot of flexibility, so there will be multiple ways of tackling the Masters.

Question:
1: Is this program going to be a feasible grind for F2P players without having to drop tons of money on MC? It'd be nice to be able to do a program by actually playing the game instead of having to grind the market, or even worse, drop tons of cash on promo packs.
2: Is this going to use blitz tokens, or yet another program specific currency?
Answer:
1: We took a lot of community feedback from Most Feared and have designed this program with that feedback in mind. This program will be much more generous in terms of what you will be able to unlock by just playing through all the events each day. Additionally, we have added in some things to help you plan out your progression like a calendar with the schedule of special Live Events.
2: There will be a program specific currency called Madden Market Tokens, that will work similar to Popcorn from Most Feared. We will have a Blitz Token/Coin exchange for Madden Market Tokens in the store as well.

Question:
Will this Madden Feast be more along the lines of the HOF promo (heavily Overdrive-based) or more like Most Feared (heavily live events-based)?
Answer:
Madden Feast will not be connected to Overdrive like Hall of Fame was, so there will be no Overdrive grinding to obtain items and players! We have had a lot of feedback about this so we are trying to make sure we provide a more robust program that allows you to play within its design.

Question:
With M.F. the paths were inconsistent with each other in how to obtain the masters (specifically stacking currencies for Gronkenstein minions/master vs non stacking for the others).
1: Will there be different paths for the individual masters (M.F.) or just one path like HoF?
2: Will the currency stack like the Gronkenstein path or will it reset after each redemption?
Something that has been talked about a lot has been the use of MC for content. I thought the Voting 'event' was a great small thing to do, and the coins are appreciated. However, because the players cost 7.5k MC, it cut out a lot of folks from getting even one of them. Many other packs have been put into the store that only cost MC. In years past, the store had event packs that could be purchased with coins that had a tangible effect on the event. (The coin packs for MF weren't great IMO)
3: Will there be coin purchasable packs that actually have a positive effect on Feast progression, not just via token purchase, but player packs?
4: Will smashmouth see some love this event? M.F. was pretty bad for those of us in that scheme.
5: Will there be multiple versions/upgrades of the masters like we had last year or just a single master card?
Answer:
1: It will be a little of both. Unlocking the first version (90 OVR) of each Master will require you to collect specific food items, but once you have unlocked them they all require the same currency to upgrade. The progression is designed to be much more simple and linear than Most Feared.
2: The currency will be spent each time you unlock or upgrade a master, as opposed to Most Feared Gronkenstein where it was just accumulated.
3: There will be 3 coin packs, and two of them will offer players and/or items for Madden Feast. The other is a Madden Market Token exchange.
4: Smashmouth will see some love. I know of at least 6 Elite smashmouth players in the program.
5: You will have the ability to upgrade all of the Masters and the Grand Master. The four regular masters will start at 90 OVR and will be able to be upgraded to 93 OVR (with stat boosts to Feast players).

You can get the full Q&A here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenMobileForums/comments/9x2cad/madden_feast_dev_qa/

Post edited by EA_David on

Replies

• What do we do when we’re done and only have 74 of 75 Madden Pies? I’ve given you my money, please give me my six players!
  • When is the absolute last day for the Thanksgiving EVENTS...not the last day to get players or exchange items?
  • EA_David
    308 posts EA Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Thanksgiving events will begin at 10:30am EST on the 22nd and last until 12:00am EST the 23rd. All existing Madden Feast events will stop once Thanksgiving events start.
    • During Thanksgiving day there will be three free events that reward 750 Thanksgiving Food and will refresh at the start of each game that day. So the refresh times will be 12:30pm, 4:30pm, and 8:30pm EST.
    • There will be a blitz event costing 600 blitz tokens that will reward a Thanksgiving Day Helmet (with a chance for more helmets and a small chance at one of the 93 OVR players!) We previously referred to Helmets as shards in our blog, but the name was changed.
    • Thanksgiving Day Helmets can be used to purchase 6 different 93 OVR players (players will cost 100 Helmets each) as well as a nameplate, and two away/home jerseys.
    • Players are Roquan Smith, Damon Harrison, Trent Williams, Byron Jones, Matt Ryan, Mark Ingram
    • There will be 6 Prediction events for each game that will allow you try and predict different outcomes during the games.
    • You will be able to play 3 of the 6 events for each game. These will give you the opportunity to win some Madden Cash and each will reward 500 food on completion. The first game's prediction events will start at 8:30am EST will end 10 minutes before kickoff. The next games events will start at 12:30pm EST and end 10 minutes before kickoff. The last games events will start at 4:30pm EST and end 10 minutes before kickoff (8:30pm EST).
    • There will be a Store Run event that takes 1 Madden Market Token and will provide select pack of randomly assorted food items. This event will remain up until 10:30am on the 27th.
    Black Friday through Cyber Monday will be filled with lots events and special offers. I don't have any advance info for you at this time, except that there will be a Black Friday blitz event that will require blitz tokens. There will not be any Black Friday specific events that require Madden Market Tokens. However, we are keeping the Store Run event open through the 27th to allow you to spend any extra Madden Market Tokens towards Thanksgiving Food.
  • For some reason my pies are not being added to my totals. Probably spent around 50$ and now I’m not receiving my pies!! I’ve already sent in this issue to ea and they asked me to post it to the forum. Anyone else having this problem?
  • azedek36
    89 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    kaleangus wrote: »
    For some reason my pies are not being added to my totals. Probably spent around 50$ and now I’m not receiving my pies!! I’ve already sent in this issue to ea and they asked me to post it to the forum. Anyone else having this problem?

If you are referring to the "Madden Pies" used to redeem Calvin Johnson, they are rewarded by picking up one of the Feasts Bosses (James, Donald, Mahomes and both Sanders), so you go up one level of these players the amount of pies are allotted to the total to redeem the "Megatron".

Now if you are referring to the Madden Feast Packs, which are being offered in the store, in case you did not release the first level of the "Feasts Bosses", you should give exchange in the same, therefore it will be assigned to the total, in case you have already released the first level, just exchange the items, because they are used as food.

To facilitate, take a screenshot, so we can help you.

• Razzorzege
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Same problem here. Pies not adding up When i purchase them from the store. Ea refunded my coins, tried purchase again, nothing. Getting fed up with this game. Still havent fixed feats problem. Been to hall of fame 3 times, haven’t received 1 logo. This game is a mess.
  • Hello,
    I guess you misunderstood. Attached is a screenshot. I should have around 90 (!!!) pies by now, but my counter for pies is stuck at 74 (out of 75) and I don't know what to do. I have purchased more with cash and have played extensively to see if something will make that counter turn, but alas, it does not and I am furiously stuck on 74 pies... It is driving me crazy, and I don't know what to do...

n8pace2ug0jm.png
  • azedek36
    89 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    kaleangus wrote: »
    Hello,
    I guess you misunderstood. Attached is a screenshot. I should have around 90 (!!!) pies by now, but my counter for pies is stuck at 74 (out of 75) and I don't know what to do. I have purchased more with cash and have played extensively to see if something will make that counter turn, but alas, it does not and I am furiously stuck on 74 pies... It is driving me crazy, and I don't know what to do...

n8pace2ug0jm.png

You just need to redeem this Aaron Donald, with 8K food.

This promo had a glitch that separated the first level of Aaron Donald, leaving two versions of the same player in the store.

PS: I think you got confused, the pies that are given through packs are not Madden Pies, they are just food.
    The madden pies are the pies that each "Feats Bosses" give. In Aaron Donald's layout, there is a letter, with a pie x1, this is the pie you need.