Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: September Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Live Content Update Download Issue

Prev134
EA_KRAELO
115 posts Community Manager
edited December 2018
Hey Madden Community,

After we released the Live Content Update (aka Play Call Data Update) yesterday, we started to receive complaints that users were seeing the below screen when trying to play games online.

pw39cnm3tklc.png

After further investigation, our teams looked into the issue and the problem is not that the Live Content Update is not working properly. The LCU update is taking longer to download due to the larger file size which now includes gameplay tuning changes.

Our teams will continue to investigate this matter and see if there is a way to improve this experience, but for now, we wanted to provide some guidance on 1) what your experience will be with the Live Content Update and 2) how to confirm that you have the latest Live Content Update.

1. When you log into Madden, you may receive a pop-up from Madden Messenger or within the Madden Messenger Menu that you need to "Restart for Live Content Update".

Note: This message notification could take up to 3 minutes to pop up.

bsn501xjgr0c.png

2. Once you receive this message, close out of Madden completely. Our recommendation is to force close Madden and start it over again. Once you do, when you look at the Madden Messenger menu, you should see that the message disappeared. This means that Live Content Update installed correctly.

dwa4bo8zkpvn.png
Post edited by EA_KRAELO on

Replies

• Hey fellas can you guys help me with linking my ea and twitch accounts. When using rhe link,which password is it asking for. Ea or twitch
  • Ok...But what about the opponents record update? This is a major issue at hand. I, like others like to compare stats to see how we are ranking. Let’s get this update immediately EA Sports !!!
  • I dont have such a notification but receive the message that I can't play due to live content that doesnt match. I've restarted the app 4 times, restarted the ps4 3 times, etc. Nothing works. It lets me play solo battles and do other things just fine.
  • How long is the download taking? I see in right corner it says it’s loading.
  • This is some garbage! I lost a bunch of games due to this! Also it is not loading! Also it is never loading!
  • I better get some limited edition cards for my MUT team or some full legends for getting force losses from this update issue... im not talking about cheap ones! I mean some 95 overall cards for my MUT team.
  • Man I left my game on all night, still when I restart it prompts a tuner download then say loading. That’s over6 hours. Help
  • EA_KRAELO
    Hey fellas can you guys help me with linking my ea and twitch accounts. When using rhe link,which password is it asking for. Ea or twitch

Hey there ... check out this article on the EA Forums that might be able to help you with this issue. Check the section on how to link your accounts. Hope this helps.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/madden/madden-18/madden-nfl-18-and-twitch/
  • EA_KRAELO
    msgttmill wrote: »
    Man I left my game on all night, still when I restart it prompts a tuner download then say loading. That’s over6 hours. Help

That is very odd. What system are you on?

KRAELO
  • EA_KRAELO
    jordanval wrote: »
    I better get some limited edition cards for my MUT team or some full legends for getting force losses from this update issue... im not talking about cheap ones! I mean some 95 overall cards for my MUT team.

This update would not create that type of issue. If anything, that is probably a connectivity issue. I recommend using the following post to assist with connectivity issues.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

KRAELO
  • EA_KRAELO
    msgttmill wrote: »
    How long is the download taking? I see in right corner it says it’s loading.

Download for the tuner update should only take about 3 mins. If you are having issues it could be related to something else. What system are you on?

KRAELO
  • EA_KRAELO
    tdizzle000 wrote: »
    I dont have such a notification but receive the message that I can't play due to live content that doesnt match. I've restarted the app 4 times, restarted the ps4 3 times, etc. Nothing works. It lets me play solo battles and do other things just fine.

What system are you on? PS4/Xbox One/PC?

KRAELO
  • I keep getting error. I have restarted game, restarted PS4 and it doesn’t work. Funny thing is that I don’t get it every time

On PS4
  • TheBigRedGoat
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    i am still getting this error on Ps4, i have deleted my save data and resaved everything, so now after all of that still a no go. i can play mut seasons but not squad solos. i can play regular head to head
  • This still isn’t working been loading for hours now
  • I have been trying for days now. I've uninstalled my game and still no help my franchise too some heavy losses. Please advise @EA_Roger
  • I play squads and haven't been able to play since Thursday night. I've been hung up by EA and ignored. Told that it was an Xbox issue not EA. If this isn't fixed tonight I want a refund for all the money I've spent on mut or I want LTD cards. I was fine until I started getting disrespected by the people I was contacting for answers.

• I want answers!!

Xbox One
  • I never got the update!
  • I still didn't get the live update content i did everything possible