EA Forums - Banner
The Madden Mobile forums are now in read mode only.
Details on this can be found on this topic. This just means that instead of posting here you can now post on our Answers HQ Madden Mobile forum.

Overdrive update!

EA_David
308 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 2018
Madden NFL Overdrive is bringing the chill. Update now to get ready for Ultimate Freeze and more, including:
  • Bosses: Face challenges against tough AI teams for big rewards
  • Use Facebook, email, SMS, or a URL to connect with friends
  • New Blitz and Draft tournaments
  • Updates to offensive and defensive catch mechanics
  • The ability to set your AI defensive strategy in League vs. League

• We added in new camera angle options. If you go into settings then preferences you have two new options for Camera Mode:
    • Presnap Wide - Show a wide camera angle during presnap
    • Coordinator - Arial view of the field (this is probably closer to what you saw in previous Madden Mobile seasons)
    • Fixes and improvements to Live Events and more

Thanks for playing!
Post edited by EA_David on

Replies

• EA_David
    edited December 2018
    Here's a bit more info posted by HSD on Reddit

User Catch:
    • Tapping the catch button is completely optional. If you do nothing, the game will proceed exactly the same way that it has previously. You aren't putting yourself at a disadvantage by choosing not to tap, or by attempting and failing.
    • You can tap anywhere on the screen to activate the catch boost, it doesn't have to be in the circle.
    • The catch boost will show up only when the ball will be in the air for at least 1.5 seconds. This is why you sometimes wont have the option on shorter passes or bullet passes.
    • The boost you receive is a boost to the catch chance, but not a guaranteed catch.

Tactics Boost UI:
    • We are going to be removing the UI showing the boosts in the near future. The original idea was that it would allow you to quickly identify areas to avoid on the defense and also confirm that tactics were producing the intended results. Obviously all of that was outweighed by the distracting clutter on the screen.

Event Scrolling Carousel:
    • Why the change was made: The idea was to expand hub capabilities for future programs going forward like Ultimate Freeze. There is new tech that will allow us to design programs with tons of events without the need for one huge carousel. So going forward the programs will be designed in a way that would eliminate the need to endlessly scroll.
    • The side affect is that past programs like 24/7 are put in a hard spot. I agree that the 24/7 hub is going to be really hard to manage without a way to see the events chronologically. I've been discussing with the team this morning about some options we have to make a change on that hub to alleviate the issue we created.

New Camera Angles:
    • We added in new camera angle options. If you go into settings then preferences you have two new options for Camera Mode:
    • Presnap Wide - Show a wide camera angle during presnap
    • Coordinator - Aerial view of the field (this is probably closer to what you saw in previous Madden Mobile seasons)

Defensive Strategy:
    • This will be unlocked once the update is forced to all users. Typically we force an update after it has been available for 1-2 days.

Blitz Tournaments:
    • The first one will start tomorrow, but since it is starting later in the week it will be only two rounds.
    • All tournaments after will be three rounds (Mon-Tues, Wed-Thurs, Fri-Sun)
    • The first two rounds you will use your existing lineups and players. The third round will be the draft round.
    • We have the ability to expand to more draft rounds in the future if it is popular.

Also, Ultimate Freeze won't be this week, but we'll have some info up before it goes live.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenMobileForums/comments/a3efsv/recent_update_info/
  • Hey @EA_David I have a question regarding the Blitz tournament.

Is this new currency "Trophies" cumulative, just like any other? Or are they the same as the Milestones in which they reset as the Overdrive season ends.
  • EA_David
    Oh yes, trophies persist between Blitz tournaments, some of the higher rewards will need a few weeks of grinding to unlock.
  • EA_David wrote: »
    Oh yes, trophies persist between Blitz tournaments, some of the higher rewards will need a few weeks of grinding to unlock.

Wow, I like that, that way it looks friendly to the players.
    In which case will they have even greater rewards than they are currently? And will they be updated weekly, according to tournaments?

Thanks for the advice @EA_David
  • I lost 3 tickets because before tournament started, the message appeared that something unexpected happened. After that the APP started again and i lost the blitz ticket . System: ipad
    anybody same problem?
  • Would love to see a post that they have fixed all of the issues posted in this forum or at least acknowledge that they are aware of them and at least working on them.
  • I asked this in another thread but no answer so i'll ask it here. I know it says that trophies are able to carry over but is that true about crowns also?
  • Koalii33 wrote: »
    I asked this in another thread but no answer so i'll ask it here. I know it says that trophies are able to carry over but is that true about crowns also?

I believe that the crowns also happen this, does not make much sense to exclude them, but we will be knowing this tomorrow
  • When is the pass interference going to get fixed?
  • coordinator camera mode.

do you have tested this mode on long passes ? looooooooool
    when QB step back and WR runs downfield buttom for pushing for pass runs out auf screen . come on loooooool
  • When is the QB throwing issue going to be fixed, i’ve Lost loads of snow throwing in these events to the wrong players or not throwing at all.