EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: September Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

tournaments - special needs community

rwheels25
4 posts New member
edited April 15
To Whom This May Concern,
Hello, E.A. Sports! First off, I would like to let you know I am a HUGE fan of Madden. It is my favorite game of all time.
I am writing to you with some inquiry about the Madden Tournaments you hold every year and how this can be included in the Special Needs Community.
Let me tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Ryan and I am 17 years old. I live in Belvidere, Illinois where I still reside with my family. I have cerebral palsy and am in a wheelchair with limited hand use, but I still love playing video games. I have been playing Madden for over 6 years and as I said before, it is my favorite game! I play as often as I can. One of the main reasons I enjoy Madden so much is the controls. Madden has only a few buttons that it requires to play, whereas other games have much more complicated controls in order to play the game, let alone enjoy it. The Lego games are much more difficult to use, and don’t even get me started on first-person shooting games like Call of Duty or Star Wars: Battlefront! They are almost impossible for me to play.
Madden offers many other fun aspects because even with simple controls, the games are hard and challenging! I have mastered many plays and memorized much of the playbook, but only for my favorite team, the Green Bay Packers. There is a lot of strategies that go with every game played as well as opponents. I have had to deal with my fair share of great and not-so-great opponents that use foul language.
One person that I look up to and follow is Michael Skimbo. He is a fantastic Madden player and he is probably also super rich. He has a great strategy and sportsmanship, as well as being very fun to watch. I have learned a lot of great gameplays watching his tournaments on Twitch.tv and Mixer.
There are many Tournaments that I am aware you hold around the year. Most all of these require some sort of travel with much of this travel being in Redwood City, California. Since I am in a wheelchair, travel is very difficult for me.
I am wondering if there are Tournaments available for Special Needs individuals such as myself and others with serious health issues like Cancer and people who are hospital bed-ridden.
I have always wanted to be in one of your Tournaments for three reasons. One, because it would be an amazing experience. Two, because I think I would do a great job in a Tournament and want to see where I rank up with others. And three, because I want others to know that someone like me in a wheelchair can do anything and it would be a great representation for the Special Needs Community.
Many people with Special Needs cannot travel to compete professionally to play their favorite sport. I think that it would be easier to hold Live Tournaments online, where the players would not have to travel in order to compete or host a Tournament close by. These Tournaments should have similar winnings, like belts, money and other prizes. If hosting is a possibility for the Special Needs Community, I would love to be involved with that process. Each player could receive a special screen name when they enter the Tournament so that the Host will know who is playing. I have put some very serious thought into how much this would mean to both the Special Needs Community and myself and how it could be a realistic possibility. I hope you do as well.
Thank you for supporting me and I hope to hear back,

Edited to remove personal details ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Roger on

Replies

• rwheels25
    4 posts New member
    Thank You for removing personal information.
    At the start I didn't realize this would be public.