EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: September Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

User defenders must be running a 2 second 40 yard dash.

WereRobber
38 posts Member
edited May 30
User defenders can cover way too much ground. Players like Randy Moss can run a fly pattern, but still get covered by a user linebacker from the other side of the field who also took 5 steps forward to defend the run.

Players can move their safeties all the way to the line of scrimmage to help against the run, yet still get back into deep zones in time to intercept the ball.

Quick slants can be covered by defensive lineman.

I think one of the best improvements Madden 20 could (and should) make, is changing the way defenders move so that whenever they change movement direction their momentum will continue to push them in that direction.

I also think that perhaps the football field is not physically correct. It should be 53 1/2 yards wide. Which means just from a logical stand point players shouldn't be running that distance in under 4 seconds, which is clearly happening in Madden 19. Which means users in Madden must be running like 2 second 40 yard dashes.

Please consider and fix. I get "fast and fun" but how about "intuitive and logical"? I think there are a lot of people out there that get frustrated with the "Madden" adaptation of football at a fundamental level. Meaning that if your WR1 is running a quick in route on one side of the field, and your WR2 is running a curl route on the other side of the field, the middle linebacker shouldn't be able to cover BOTH of those guys. Yet that's what happens.

I do understand that you guys are forced sometimes to make development decisions based on legacy issues and let's say "bad decisions" in the past. You're also limited by time, resources, etc...

But the above scenarios are so very harmful to the average person trying to read a defense and apply basic common sense, it just seems like perhaps fixing this would give you the most bang for your buck.