EA Forums - Banner

My Madden 20 Wishlist....(Franchise Mode)

This is my Top 5 for Madden that I would love to see in the game next year. If you agree or have some other cool insight drop it below in hopes that someone at Madden sees this and possibly implements some of it. (This is for Franchise Mode Only)

1.) Cosmetics

Can we please get "Team Colored" tape this year? This Black and White tape has been done to death!!! Please change that..We can get team colored everything else but tape. And also can you all bring back that one face mask shield that was chameleon looking? Or is that like an NFL addressed issue? I love what you all did with the jerseys last Madden for the actual teams but can we get some better looking ones for the Expansion teams when we relocate? I'm so tired of looking like a High-School football team in the NFL. Logos and Team Nicknames included. Someone posted on my post earlier about being able to import jerseys like we import rosters from the community can we start there? Because these jerseys suck and are old. We've been doing this same song and dance for about 5 Maddens now, let's kick it to the curb and start fresh since you all are saying this Madden will have a completely different feel. And also can you all bring back the Draft Board for the draft? Who's brilliant idea was it to take that off in the first place? And then you all put up a Jumbo tron in it's place, lol...that was not a good move. The draft not only is one of the funnest things in the game but it should also be an event in itself. And for those players like myself I wouldn't mind seeing a draft board so I can keep tabs on what my division rivals are doing so I can potentially counter their move.

2.) Progression

Let's keep this one not as lengthy. Let's start with Stamina, Injury, and Toughness being added to the progression pool. How can we get everything else but those three important stats. Well if you all aren't going to implement that at least let us be able to scout all the attributes of the players in the draft instead of this Top 3 ratings stuff. Because it sucks to draft someone high who happens to be injury prone without us having an option to go a different way. That wrong move can setback a Franchise trying to build. And something else that can be optional is when you are developing a player they can also get a Development Trait. But that should only happen one time and it should be rare, but it should happen. That would be interesting.

3.) Different Player Types (via Draft)

With the addition of X-Factor being in the game how about implementing once every 5-10 years or so a "Can't Miss" prospect is in the draft? That one player that can possibly change a Franchise around just by drafting him. Someone in the mold of John Elway, Andrew Luck, Joe Greene, Michael Vick to name a few. Something to get everyone talking and us players excited. Now they shouldn't be in every draft just once every 5 to 10 years to keep people from throwing their entire teams and seasons away for one guy. Also I would like for the scheme type players to not be so predictable. Example. We all know Scrambling QB's have no Throwing Power, Power Rushers aren't usually fast. How come we can't get some rare players at the position who defy that and actually have those abilities. Why can't we ever see 6'5 Scrambling QB's with speed like Cam Newton and an arm and his strength in the draft? Before I go any further. Also please make Tight Ends better. This last year drafting a Tight End was excruciating. Majority of them running 5.00 flat 40 times. That is so pointless. Please fix that. Tight Ends aren't burners but they aren't that slow either. People just stopped putting TE's on their boards because of how terrible they were. And also fix the draft pools themselves. I'm tired of drafting past the 4th Round and then basically it being a crap shoot. Now I understand that the later a draft gets the value should go down but there should at least be something of value or at least some solid un-drafted guys like it was in Madden 25.Me for one I try to scout deep every draft and this past season was heartbreaking. Madden 25 and 15 did this the best as you could look into un-drafted guys and still find gems. Bring that back!! Allow us to grind again via the Draft.

4.) Off-Season

I want to also be able to do Skill Training and Development in the Off-Season.(O.T.A,'s) I mean players train and progress over the Off-Season in real life so why we can't get some extra XP for players that decide to workout with the team. Since you all are putting actual events in Madden this year why can't you incorporate certain players who also make OTA's be high on your list when it comes to contract time as they have shown their commitment to your organization. And those that don't can wind up traded. I'm just spit balling here but I truly want my players to develop over the off-season and since it's not mandatory those that show up should be rewarded later. I also wouldn't mind certain draft picks coming in with skill points already but cannot exceed 3 skill points in total. But drafting a player with incoming skill points should also be rare. I also wish to see Offensive and Defensive Coordinators back. Having good coordinators should also help with player development, draft scouting, as well as Free Agency interest. I also feel like EA should implement Free Agent "Blind Bidding". Because I'm tired of seeing players abuse the point system. They raise the contracts up ridiculous for some players, blow the entire cap space for a team, start losing, quit, and then being a Commissioner we have to replace this user with the messed up contracts and risk cutting the player and eating the cap penalty. I feel like blind bidding ends all that. Just allow it to come down to the best teams or whatever the player feels the best fit for him is. Which takes your location, winning/losing, coaching/coordinators, team, ability to start, etc while making a decision instead of everything being based on who gave the most money. So blind bidding makes things better and gives everyone a chance. Also contracts need a re-work. Just because a player is 99 Overall they should not get top dollar unless they are producing like it. I understand the system has been the same for almost a decade but I would like to see things being based on production and not overall. But I do understand why it's based on overall because people would abuse the system so I get it.

5.) Conclusion

I want to see an overall better game from an ambiance perspective. The reason people play 2K is for that reason. There is so much going on in the background that it keeps you glued. Madden has lacked that. I also want Commissioners to have more control over the leagues. I wouldn't mind a Team Draft option where it would randomize for the players allowing us to throw away our "Names in the hat method", I wouldn't also mind being able to lock Free Agency so people don't nab players too early, and I would also like to see the servers record games against users. Because people tend to close the applications (Ps4) when they are getting beat and them blame it on the servers. I want games to be recorded regardless even if there is a disconnect like it is when we play offline. (Especially with Momentum being a huge factor) I also would love to see the sim games go back to the way they were before. Because getting forced wins is almost useless now. The scores are always terribly close for no reason, so now people started strategizing with it. I want blowouts back and also when I am playing my offline Franchise how is it that I have a 90 overall team and I'm losing to 70 overall teams? How is it if I start with the Patriots I sim my first season and not make the playoffs but play against them and they win the Super Bowl, lol...I just want things even again. Starting with the simulation and the servers being stronger. I know a lot of this is a shot in the dark but this is coming from someone who has played Madden since the days of Sega Genesis, please just give us a listen.

Replies

• kennylc76
    216 posts Member
    waltgully wrote: »
    This is my Top 5 for Madden that I would love to see in the game next year. If you agree or have some other cool insight drop it below in hopes that someone at Madden sees this and possibly implements some of it. (This is for Franchise Mode Only)

1.) Cosmetics

Can we please get "Team Colored" tape this year? This Black and White tape has been done to death!!! Please change that..We can get team colored everything else but tape. And also can you all bring back that one face mask shield that was chameleon looking? Or is that like an NFL addressed issue? I love what you all did with the jerseys last Madden for the actual teams but can we get some better looking ones for the Expansion teams when we relocate? I'm so tired of looking like a High-School football team in the NFL. Logos and Team Nicknames included. Someone posted on my post earlier about being able to import jerseys like we import rosters from the community can we start there? Because these jerseys suck and are old. We've been doing this same song and dance for about 5 Maddens now, let's kick it to the curb and start fresh since you all are saying this Madden will have a completely different feel. And also can you all bring back the Draft Board for the draft? Who's brilliant idea was it to take that off in the first place? And then you all put up a Jumbo tron in it's place, lol...that was not a good move. The draft not only is one of the funnest things in the game but it should also be an event in itself. And for those players like myself I wouldn't mind seeing a draft board so I can keep tabs on what my division rivals are doing so I can potentially counter their move.

I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. Get the gameplay down first then we can worry about window dressing

2.) Progression

Let's keep this one not as lengthy. Let's start with Stamina, Injury, and Toughness being added to the progression pool. How can we get everything else but those three important stats. Well if you all aren't going to implement that at least let us be able to scout all the attributes of the players in the draft instead of this Top 3 ratings stuff. Because it sucks to draft someone high who happens to be injury prone without us having an option to go a different way. That wrong move can setback a Franchise trying to build. And something else that can be optional is when you are developing a player they can also get a Development Trait. But that should only happen one time and it should be rare, but it should happen. That would be interesting.

Agree here... overall, the injury system needs an overhaul. I would like to see a 96 rated player in the draft but the catch is that you don't know what to get out of him injury wise.

3.) Different Player Types (via Draft)

With the addition of X-Factor being in the game how about implementing once every 5-10 years or so a "Can't Miss" prospect is in the draft? That one player that can possibly change a Franchise around just by drafting him. Someone in the mold of John Elway, Andrew Luck, Joe Greene, Michael Vick to name a few. Something to get everyone talking and us players excited. Now they shouldn't be in every draft just once every 5 to 10 years to keep people from throwing their entire teams and seasons away for one guy. Also I would like for the scheme type players to not be so predictable. Example. We all know Scrambling QB's have no Throwing Power, Power Rushers aren't usually fast. How come we can't get some rare players at the position who defy that and actually have those abilities. Why can't we ever see 6'5 Scrambling QB's with speed like Cam Newton and an arm and his strength in the draft? Before I go any further. Also please make Tight Ends better. This last year drafting a Tight End was excruciating. Majority of them running 5.00 flat 40 times. That is so pointless. Please fix that. Tight Ends aren't burners but they aren't that slow either. People just stopped putting TE's on their boards because of how terrible they were. And also fix the draft pools themselves. I'm tired of drafting past the 4th Round and then basically it being a crap shoot. Now I understand that the later a draft gets the value should go down but there should at least be something of value or at least some solid un-drafted guys like it was in Madden 25.Me for one I try to scout deep every draft and this past season was heartbreaking. Madden 25 and 15 did this the best as you could look into un-drafted guys and still find gems. Bring that back!! Allow us to grind again via the Draft.

You have to be careful here... Ryan Leaf was a "can't miss" prospect. RGIII was a "can't miss" prospect. But regarding the draft, I've made many threads regarding scouting where I said to scrap the whole 'see the top three ratings' nonsense. I highly doubted when New York evaluated Saquon Barkley, the scout said "well, I can tell you the top three things he's good at" and went from there. Sadly, I've heard NOTHING about scouting so I think the only new thing we're getting in franchise is resigned menus.

4.) Off-Season

I want to also be able to do Skill Training and Development in the Off-Season.(O.T.A,'s) I mean players train and progress over the Off-Season in real life so why we can't get some extra XP for players that decide to workout with the team. Since you all are putting actual events in Madden this year why can't you incorporate certain players who also make OTA's be high on your list when it comes to contract time as they have shown their commitment to your organization. And those that don't can wind up traded. I'm just spit balling here but I truly want my players to develop over the off-season and since it's not mandatory those that show up should be rewarded later. I also wouldn't mind certain draft picks coming in with skill points already but cannot exceed 3 skill points in total. But drafting a player with incoming skill points should also be rare. I also wish to see Offensive and Defensive Coordinators back. Having good coordinators should also help with player development, draft scouting, as well as Free Agency interest. I also feel like EA should implement Free Agent "Blind Bidding". Because I'm tired of seeing players abuse the point system. They raise the contracts up ridiculous for some players, blow the entire cap space for a team, start losing, quit, and then being a Commissioner we have to replace this user with the messed up contracts and risk cutting the player and eating the cap penalty. I feel like blind bidding ends all that. Just allow it to come down to the best teams or whatever the player feels the best fit for him is. Which takes your location, winning/losing, coaching/coordinators, team, ability to start, etc while making a decision instead of everything being based on who gave the most money. So blind bidding makes things better and gives everyone a chance. Also contracts need a re-work. Just because a player is 99 Overall they should not get top dollar unless they are producing like it. I understand the system has been the same for almost a decade but I would like to see things being based on production and not overall. But I do understand why it's based on overall because people would abuse the system so I get it.

Goes with what I said above. I don't think anything really changed w/ franchise mode. But at least they gave me QB1. Yay. Can't wait (sarcasm)

5.) Conclusion

I want to see an overall better game from an ambiance perspective. The reason people play 2K is for that reason. There is so much going on in the background that it keeps you glued. Madden has lacked that. I also want Commissioners to have more control over the leagues. I wouldn't mind a Team Draft option where it would randomize for the players allowing us to throw away our "Names in the hat method", I wouldn't also mind being able to lock Free Agency so people don't nab players too early, and I would also like to see the servers record games against users. Because people tend to close the applications (Ps4) when they are getting beat and them blame it on the servers. I want games to be recorded regardless even if there is a disconnect like it is when we play offline. (Especially with Momentum being a huge factor) I also would love to see the sim games go back to the way they were before. Because getting forced wins is almost useless now. The scores are always terribly close for no reason, so now people started strategizing with it. I want blowouts back and also when I am playing my offline Franchise how is it that I have a 90 overall team and I'm losing to 70 overall teams? How is it if I start with the Patriots I sim my first season and not make the playoffs but play against them and they win the Super Bowl, lol...I just want things even again. Starting with the simulation and the servers being stronger. I know a lot of this is a shot in the dark but this is coming from someone who has played Madden since the days of Sega Genesis, please just give us a listen.

I still play 2k but for gameplay. Don't care about the 'background' The ESPN thing is cool but even though no one wants to admit it, I-- like everyone else-- just skip past the ESPN stuff.