EA Forums - Banner

Watch our Official Gameplay Deep Dive for Madden 21

Learn more about Madden NFL 21 news HERE
Are you ready to hit The Yard in Madden NFL 21?
Get the deep dive on this new game mode HERE

Zone defense NEEDS to be fixed

One of the most frustrating things I've had to deal with in Madden19 on the defensive side of the ball has been abandoned zones on defence. For absolutely no reason on countless plays safeties, corners, and linebackers just up and decide to ignore the play call and go man to man leaving a wide open zone for free yards, first downs, and touchdowns. There are some adjustments you can make to try to account for this, but they weaken other areas of your d and not to mention you shouldn't have to make 3 adjustments just to make your players play what you called. Players online have then adapted to running nothing but these specific plays that force it to happen and run them in hurry up so you don't have time to make adjustments and defend. It's become a game of glitch routes so PLEASE fix the zone d.

Replies

• I totally agree. Defense is a joke this year. I routinely get burned deep when calling cover 4. Cover 3 was always good for me in past years for stopping intermediate stuff, but this year, I have stopped using it pretty much entirely because it gets beat almost every time. And, for whatever reason, cover 2 is like some sort of magical super coverage d that works almost all the time (especially with fast safeties). I pretty much just call cover 2 all the time. It really makes no sense.