EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: November Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

What will your day be like when you get M20?

What kind of day will you plan on having when you get your new game? Will you throw a party or will you take off of work ?

Replies

• NatureBoy2323
    2009 posts Game Changer
    Nah, I never throw a party or anything like that. It does remind me of Christmas Day as a kid though. Finally getting the game you have been wanting for a very long time. I sit down for hours to go over what's changed, what's new or what has stayed the same.
  • To be honest, I tend to spend the first hour or so hoping that any issues or complaints I had with the previous year's games have been resolved.

But really... between a full time job, wife, and 7 year old who is active in sports, nothing really changes for me. I'll get maybe 1 full game in before it's time to do grown up stuff.
  • NatureBoy2323
    2009 posts Game Changer
    kennylc76 wrote: »
    To be honest, I tend to spend the first hour or so hoping that any issues or complaints I had with the previous year's games have been resolved.

But really... between a full time job, wife, and 7 year old who is active in sports, nothing really changes for me. I'll get maybe 1 full game in before it's time to do grown up stuff.

That's so true @kennylc76. Being a grown up takes a lot of playing time I used to have when I was single. I used to play in online leagues, but those days are a thing of the past. These days, I'm happy if I get in a CFM game or grind a few solos in MUT.
  • jonesyskins
    34 posts Member
    edited July 25
    That is one of the reason's I have stayed single. So I can do what I want to do when I want to do it. I will pick the game up from Best Buy at 10am. Go to work, leave about 1pm, get home and load the game in. While it's going through firmware updates, I will get the grill fired up. Once the updates are done, I will get my game settings done, go to franchise and become fan owner of my Redskins. Right about this time, the grill should be ready for some rib eyes, chicken and sausage. I will spend the next two hours making trades, shifting player positions and setting the depth chart. In between all of this I am checking the grill!!!

By the time I am done with preseason, food should be ready and some honey should be ringing my doorbell. All that is left is to pop that first Coors Light!!

I am 60 years old and I still get excited on Madden release day!!!! GO SKINS!!!!
    Post edited by jonesyskins on
  • @jonesyskins @NatureBoy2323

Yeah... back in college, it was a totally different story. We didn't have online leagues in those days, but the guys on our floor had our own league. We didn't care if you had a midterm the next day or a 20 page paper due in 30 minutes. When it was your turn to play, we expected you to drop what you were doing and get your rear end over to play.

Now look at me... gotta mow the lawn, pick up the kid, do the dishes before I can play!! (I do that stuff so the wife cannot whine "all you do is play your games!!!!" hahaha

Nah... my wife is actually pretty cool abut it.
  • > @The-Sporty-Hero said:
    > What kind of day will you plan on having when you get your new game? Will you throw a party or will you take off of work ?

I will sink into a darkness unknown to mankind. The blackness will leave me numb like death itself.
  • I'm going to have a nice day. I'm going to buy some snacks and play football with our dog before I go pick up the game.
  • EA_Rtas
    62 posts EA Moderator
    I'll probably be on this forums most of the day, but when I get back home I'll fire up my Xbox and settle in with some snacks, look forward to this every year and even though I have less time to play nowadays I still love Madden launch day
  • LOL. this is my 1st ever Madden game after being away from Football since NFL2K for dreamcast. in those days we'd stay out all night lined up at the store waiting to buy our copies and skipped work to play all day.

now that i'm an Old and only had Xbox for a couple years i'll take PTO and and enjoy my state's legalized 'recreational' while getting my butt handed to me by all you folks :smiley: