EA Forums - Banner

Madden 20 Review from the people who have played it already

So whats your review how is it?

Replies

• EA_Joz
    40 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @GrizzGolf I'm loving the game so far. It feels a lot smoother than Madden 19. I've been playing MUT, and I like how fast and easy it is to complete challenge after challenge without having to return to the MUT or challenge menu.

~EA_Joz
  • > @EA_Joz said:
    > @GrizzGolf I'm loving the game so far. It feels a lot smoother than Madden 19. I've been playing MUT, and I like how fast and easy it is to complete challenge after challenge without having to return to the MUT or challenge menu.
    >
    > ~EA_Joz

Absolutely this! Unsure why it took so long for them to do this, but its finally here. It cuts down on so much of the loading as youre not having to go back and forth after each challenge. Gameplay feels smoother and the player motions are much improved over last year as well. I've seen some really cool animations this year as well, from CBs deflecting passes to some new tackles. As I'm a Titans fan, its REALLY AWESOME to finally see the Nashville skyline around the stadium as well. Even the bridge we walk across when going to the game is seen as well. They've really improved the graphics in those areas a lot. And the overall graphics look nicer from last year as well.
  • Sounds like its much improved. I cant wait for Friday!
  • NatureBoy2323
    3704 posts Game Changer
    It a very different Madden, which is a good thing. QB animation is totally different from pervious Madden games. You can't just simply run fifty yards backwards and throw the ball in the ball and complete a pass anymore. You have to be ready to throw the ball because the pass rush doesn't give you the time to stand around and look for a open receiver. Just my opinion of course, but I think people will enjoy this Madden once they start playing it.
  • EA_Rtas
    65 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    @GrizzGolf I'm loving the game so far. It feels a lot smoother than Madden 19. I've been playing MUT, and I like how fast and easy it is to complete challenge after challenge without having to return to the MUT or challenge menu.

~EA_Joz

I genuinely cannot agree more, I was not a fan of having to return to the challenge menu every single time. A lot more fluid and user friendly in that way now.
  • It a very different Madden, which is a good thing. QB animation is totally different from pervious Madden games. You can't just simply run fifty yards backwards and throw the ball in the ball and complete a pass anymore. You have to be ready to throw the ball because the pass rush doesn't give you the time to stand around and look for a open receiver. Just my opinion of course, but I think people will enjoy this Madden once they start playing it.

You have me so pumped for friday
  • On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 6. It is definitely the best madden this console generation. However the QB1 mode is still lacking so much depth and being forced to be a QB to enjoy the college games and draft is a letdown. Franchise is still barebones after so many years.

On the positives, although QB1 mode is lacking, it is still nice to finally be able to customize m player. Wish there was more hairstyles though. Gameplay is SO MUCH BETTER than last year, I have enjoyed it. Fumbles injuries, and facemask penalties happen way too often but I adjusted my sliders to fix that. X-Factors I was worried about before the game came out but I can say it was a great addition to the series.

Since gameplay has improved I decided to finally play MUT again after I stopped once 16 came out. I love being able to go to the next challenge without going back to the main menu, I'm spending less time on loading screens which is great.

All in all the game is much improved, but modes like QB1 and franchise are still lagging way behind in depth compared to other titles. I am keeping faith next year will be better. I'd definitely recommend this game however.
  • I am enjoying this game. I'm sure many would agree that this game is a step forward from last year.
    Madden fan since 93.