EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

For Madden 20 H2H gamers

Prev13
For years I have blindly run out and purchased every Madden edition since about 2005, however the game seems to be getting worse. I really use it to just relax after a long day of work like 1 game a night, I’m an average or below player, my stick skills suck, & I don’t have the time to really get better. My question is should I buy it this year?

Replies

• NatureBoy2323
    2266 posts Game Changer
    If you are on the fence about buying it, I would suggest giving it a try on EA Access. It's only five dollars a month or thirty for the entire year. You will get ten hours of gameplay, plus you will have access to the Vault, which has many, games to choose from EA and EA Sports. Here's the link.

https://www.ea.com/ea-access/games
  • Hi thewho99 if your ever in need of a game PC let me know!
  • If you are on the fence about buying it, I would suggest giving it a try on EA Access. It's only five dollars a month or thirty for the entire year. You will get ten hours of gameplay, plus you will have access to the Vault, which has many, games to choose from EA and EA Sports. Here's the link.

https://www.ea.com/ea-access/games

The game is much better than the last 3 Maddens. There are opportunities that exist. Like QBs throwing the ball to far after being contacted. QBs throwing bullet passes are lobbing the ball
  • jshoe813216
    3 posts New member
    Dear God will you developers please make it where people can't run the same play one after another like if they pick a play make it where they can't call it for another three plays I have been playing this game for 20 years now it is redundant that you guys cannot fix this I'm tired of playing people that run to plays the whole game fix it or I will be gone
  • jshoe813216
    3 posts New member
    I am on the trial and I probably will fall for your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ again but it's an easy fix when playing online head-to-head bring back fairplay and make it where they can't call the same play every down shade the play out after they call it and then three plays later they can call it again but not every freaking down you guys are nerds y'all should have no problem fixing this
  • jshoe813216
    3 posts New member
    it takes The skill out of the game if you call the same play every down and then I get on YouTube and I see people already have money plays. Shade the play after they call it and they can't call it for three more downs.
  • @TheDarkFlint I have a PS4, thanks for offer.
  • it takes The skill out of the game if you call the same play every down and then I get on YouTube and I see people already have money plays. Shade the play after they call it and they can't call it for three more downs.

I made this a topic for the beta feedback and only a few people agree with this. It's sad. I played #4 ranked guy in online ranked, he ran nickel double a gap mod blitz all game.

So I had no other choice but to run power o hb lead. Results was 500 yards rushing and 8 touchdowns. Lol when he couldn't stop it all he could say was how I can't throw the ball 😂😂😂 .

I hate playing like that but am forced to when people are constantly running same nanos every play
  • Natureboy or anyone that may be able to answer are there any plans to fix the Regular Teams Ranked leaderboard it has no win/loss info, can't compare previous opponent stats nor can we see our own in game performance stats. Regular Teams Ranked is already a pretty bare mode now is EA going to take the things I mentioned as well. The strange thing is all the screens are there but the info is either locked or the page is blank thank you if anyone can answer.
  • yeah could see my online stats in madden 19 but not my opponents it was never fixed for the money we have to pay each year you would expect everything working. Don't get me started on not being able to select the weather foronline H2H games lol
  • One play chumps in mut h2h running the same play over and over running shotgun cluster strong pro formation bunch of bums without Youtubers putting out schemes you guys are trash Ea needs to patch this so players can't run the same plays over and over it's not fairplay that user lurking needs to be patched it's no fun when you see a linebacker running around the field like a cheetah
  • Madden has been going downhill for regular h2h players. Its a bit disappointing. I remember the days when they lobbies to chill and chat with people even send a challenge to them (seeing their records also) but they have taken that out. Use to show total yards, avg yds per game, yds allowed, all the stats but they don't show that anymore. H2H use to be so fun until they started the MUT, franchise, nonsense which is boring. Bring back the Madden 03-06 days and h2h can be fun again. Most of the Madden players play h2h so EA needs to listen to their fans and will make much more money improving the head-to-head game. EA Madden developers pretty much don't care with their fans want and its all about money now
  • I enjoy playing online because most players are good and offer a different type of play style.
    It’s no longer fun though. There is no stat tracking. I don’t know what the record of the player is I just played. I would feel some sort of success when I beat a highly rated player, now I have no idea.
    It’s sad, something so simple they had but apparently have dropped
    Do they have like one guy working on madden for the last year?
    I hope they don’t keep the exclusive nfl agreement next time around
  • Make online H2H great again!! Not everyone wants to play MUT or franchise!
  • Bring back the Madden 03-06 days and h2h can be fun again. Most of the Madden players play h2h so EA needs to listen to their fans and will make much more money improving the head-to-head game. EA Madden developers pretty much don't care with their fans want and its all about money now

Lol, I am strictly online H2H from 03-04 up until now, and even i know the majority now does not play online H2H and play MUT or MUT online. Thats where the money is at because all the casual or average players are mostly 13-23 yr olds who beg for mom and dads CC to buy packs of the best players. That mode single handedly killed this game. All time and effort goes towards that mode while online they are taking aspects out the game year by year.

I was about to make a thread about not being able to see your own stats or opponents stats. They are systematically taking these things out pushing everybody towards the MUT mode. Chat rooms-Gone, Viewing your opponents records/stats/DNF%/How often they go for it on 4th- Gone, Seeing your match up before actually going into a game-Gone, Penalties online-Gone, Viewing your own stats online-Gone.....
  • EA is so lazy they don’t even take the screens out where they previously showed online stats. It’s a joke.
  • > @Dweezy85 said:
    > RespekMyGame wrote: »
    >
    > Bring back the Madden 03-06 days and h2h can be fun again. Most of the Madden players play h2h so EA needs to listen to their fans and will make much more money improving the head-to-head game. EA Madden developers pretty much don't care with their fans want and its all about money now
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lol, I am strictly online H2H from 03-04 up until now, and even i know the majority now does not play online H2H and play MUT or MUT online. Thats where the money is at because all the casual or average players are mostly 13-23 yr olds who beg for mom and dads CC to buy packs of the best players. That mode single handedly killed this game. All time and effort goes towards that mode while online they are taking aspects out the game year by year.
    >
    > I was about to make a thread about not being able to see your own stats or opponents stats. They are systematically taking these things out pushing everybody towards the MUT mode. Chat rooms-Gone, Viewing your opponents records/stats/DNF%/How often they go for it on 4th- Gone, Seeing your match up before actually going into a game-Gone, Penalties online-Gone, Viewing your own stats online-Gone.....

I just don't understand why they even took out the things I stated. Like what was the reason? It doesn't take much time to put this back into the game and make their fans excited about all aspects of the game. The lobbies was a friendly thing to chat with also some trash talk about their gaming/teams they root for. Hopefully they go back to their roots and update it. H2H gamers want to enjoy the game also!
  • I just don't understand why they even took out the things I stated. Like what was the reason? It doesn't take much time to put this back into the game and make their fans excited about all aspects of the game. The lobbies was a friendly thing to chat with also some trash talk about their gaming/teams they root for. Hopefully they go back to their roots and update it. H2H gamers want to enjoy the game also!

Like i said, its quite clear they are trying to push those of us who play H2H online towards the MUT the game mode where people spend money on. Very dirty tactic, but its what theyre doing by taking apart online H2H bit by bit. Madden 21 will surely have something else missing from H2H mark my words
  • I will not pay a cent for a stupid pack of virtual cards
  • hgrove99
    2 posts New member
    Im the same as you OP. I was doing absolutely horrible at first on this game. Watched a few youtube tips and it helped a lot.