EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

For Madden 20 H2H gamers

Replies

• hgrove99 wrote: »
    Im the same as you OP. I was doing absolutely horrible at first on this game. Watched a few youtube tips and it helped a lot.
    I had the same problem. Had to get the timing and mechanics down. Game feels pretty good now
  • BRING BACK THE STATS FOR H2H THAT IS ALL
  • BRING BACK THE STATS FOR H2H THAT IS ALL

They must know this is broken, its going on 3 years. Last season i could see my own stats on and off, but now its completely non existent
  • FIX THE TACKLING!! I find it hard to believe that running backs run free without being touched when you crash down with a lb or safety in the hole and you run right past a running back spamming the a button as you are literally brushing up against his shoulder pads. Or it sure is awesome when you have a linebacker on a block and the running back runs right into his arms and then just changes course and runs for a touchdown. And don't forget the massive nerf to teams that are not social media stars, the Broncos got shafted with their stats. You have Nick Chubb over Phillip Lindsay as a superstar? I'm not trying to take anything away from Nick Chubb, but if Chubb is a superstar, then someone who performed better than him last year should be superstar too no? Phillip Lindsay was even runner up as offensive rookie of the year, led the league in yards per attempt and made it to the pro bowl!!! And lets not forget about Bradley Chubb who literally posted stats similar to Khalil Mack and Von Miller and he is only an 80? Lets also not forget that the entire broncos front line has block shedding over 80, except Shelby Harris who is greatly underrated like many players in this madden, and yet against teams like the Falcons in head to head the Broncos cannot and will not stop the run. Just for background information, the Falcons have only two linemen with a rating better than low 70s. This game is fun if you are a fan of the regular favorites each year, or like playing with bandwagon teams over an over again. For the educated football fan, this game is doo doo. Your diamond in the rough players will not play like diamonds in the rough, and unless you play for the Dallas Cowboys, the Browns, Eagles or Patriots don't expect to receive any kind of good ratings.

It's almost like they hired people who know nothing about football or the players to make this game. You've got Phillip Lindsay who held the record for fastest run/mph/speed on field all last season and he only has 93 speed???? This includes speeds from the likes of tyreek hill, john ross, and others who have faster speed ratings than Phillip Lindsay.

Justin Hollins and Von Miller both ran a 4.5 40 yard dash (4.51 and 4.49 respectively) and yet are significantly slower than Michael Gallup, who ran.... you guessed it, a 4.51 40 yard dash.

Then you have the tandem of Brandon Marshall (who was injured and now gone) and Todd Davis that literally put up the same numbers in coverage as Roquan Smith and Danny Trevathan, yet Todd Davis and Brandon Marshall (now with the Raiders) are both rated significantly worse than both Trevathan and Smith.

If there were rhyme or reason behind the ratings like statistics or actual film to back up these findings, then fine, i'm just a salty gamer. But it's like the game producers are just assuming wide receivers are faster than linebackers because, they must be since they are receivers. Or players must be worse because of their teams record last year. Or teams must be better because they have a bunch of really popular players or big name players.

Team record does not indicate player talent, and just because a player isn't as popular doesn't mean they aren't a superstar. Another perfect example of this is how do you call Nick Chubb a superstar when you don't call Kareem Hunt a superstar? This game should rate players based off of what they do on the field and on film and Kareem Hunt, barring him being a jerk in real life, is still easily a top 5 running back, so how do you not give him a superstar ranking???? Ya we get it he's a horrible human being, but in the grand scheme of things he is for all intents and purposes better than Nick Chubb, so how do you take a running back in their prime, with better stats, better ranking, and is known to be a superstar and deny him a superstar ranking, and then give the lower rated back a superstar ranking?

Stop falling for the hype and hire some real football analysts who know what they are talking about and understand the statistics and intricacies of football to rate the players, because this is just plain horrible.

Madden may look better, and the gameplay may seem smoother, but the game itself only continues to go downhill. This year was supposed to make the game more realistic, and all they ended up doing was making it more of an arcade game predicated on how many superstars you have on your team and how many speedsters you have (in this madden speed kills).

We might as well bring back NFL Blitz if we are going to go down this path, because Madden as a football simulation/realistic football game, is not even close to what you would/could call this game.

It's sad to see the franchise that started out so brightly in the early 2000s has fallen victim to the loot crate craze, because we all know that's really what MUT is. You can either spend the better part of a year grinding out a decent team or spend cash on building a team. This is never what madden was supposed to be. Madden could survive without MUT if they actually focused on parts of the game that revolve around football and not just there to make more cash off of the customer that already shelled out anywhere from $60-$100+.
  • Can't see my online ranking in head to head this only reason i buy game every year i can't believe they won't fix this some glitch i feel cheated. P.s. head to head online match up what built this game now all they do is support mut.
  • Beezal32 wrote: »
    Can't see my online ranking in head to head this only reason i buy game every year i can't believe they won't fix this some glitch i feel cheated. P.s. head to head online match up what built this game now all they do is support mut.

Thisssssssss
  • Beezal32 wrote: »
    Can't see my online ranking in head to head this only reason i buy game every year i can't believe they won't fix this some glitch i feel cheated. P.s. head to head online match up what built this game now all they do is support mut.

They started last year removing records from the players you played against. Never thought is would get the point where you cant see who you played, your own stats or the player you played against stats and not seeing your the Win/loss record of those you play against. How can you rank players based on PF and PA? Who cares how many points for and against you get if you have a better record. If so why are they not showing it. The reason people play is for that.
  • MrWhitedogg
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    So has there been a comment from EA about the removal of the previous opponents?

I just can't get my head around why this was removed? Now we can't even see the scores of the peeps we played.......

Is it a bug or is it intentional? I don't expect a fix either tbh since it was left like this all last year too.

Hoping they fix this because this is some major nonsense.

[Edited for profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • So has there been a comment from EA about the removal of the previous opponents?

I just can't get my head around why this was removed? Now we can't even see the scores of the peeps we played.......

Is it a bug or is it intentional? I don't expect a fix either tbh since it was left like this all last year too.

Hoping they fix this because this is some major ****

Its not the moderators fault though. They not the Devs. The regular season starts in 2 weeks. Once they finalize the rosters, I hope they have been looking at the threads. We the Madden players all have similar complaints. The one complaint I had all last year has been resolved. That was the off-sides on every snap with no false starts online. So I know they listen. The Hit Stick needs to be adjusted and dropped balls seemed to be predicted on 3rd downs no matter the player or catch rating. I am pleased with Madden 20, if they patch the right things I can keep playing in peace.
  • Rippers2222
    63 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    One of the big reasons I got into Madden and for that matter, all of the EA games, was the stat keeping. I do like the game play of this year, but the lack of stats is killing me. For what its worth, I would still love to see EA institute "Career H2H stats" for online play. I do realize they could probably not do this for every team due to memory availability, but since the game makes you pick a favorite team, keep head to head stats for when you play that one team for the duration of the game. So save me the career online H2H stats for Madden 20. Just Madden 20, start over next year. I'll probably lose games because I subbed in like a 5th string RB just to get a stat, but that adds to the fun. I already try subbing in a linebacker at TE from line to time just to see what happens, career stats would make that even more entertaining, just for me and just to see how many drops said linebacker has between August and July.
    Post edited by Rippers2222 on
  • I cant even see my ranking EA SPORTS AND I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ DOMINATE
  • Better fix or lost gamer since your existence
  • Not getting packs after finishing two of the twelve training
  • DHarris75
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Agree 100% - I'm a grown adult working for a living - I can't afford to spend $$$ on a video game after I have already spent $60 just to own it, and then a subscription each month to play online to Sony. I will not waste real money on stupid cards to build up a video game football team.

There is no community anymore - since there are no stats, no incentive to just quit on people - I have had so many "disconnects" right after a third interception. People play cheeseball, money plays, running up score in last 2 minutes when they've clearly won...there are kids - got it - there is cheese - got it. But at least before I could reject a game invite if their stats said "warning - unsporstsmanlike playerplaying".

I remember being able to add a person to a "friends" list after I played what I thought was a very good sportsmanlike sim game - and finding that person again for rematches. I remember chatting and finding people that played like me and had fun. Or I could avoid cheese players and DNF abusers. Gone - not it's just completely random and even if I do have fun on a good game with a good player, I can't find them again, or provide feedback on them, or anything.

Madden has always been like this - fix 5 things, take away 2 things that worked, and break 2 other things.

I remember back in 2000-2001 playing on PC and running leagues. So much more fun than this - graphics and gameplay are better - community is not.

[Removed profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Ok, I ve been defending EA for the longest time against critics of their game design, purpose, vision , etc. However, Electronic Arts has now undoubtedly become a platform with its own agenda and completely disregards the requests of some of its most loyal customers. I understand, it's all about money but some people just have fun playing the game. EA has slowly been eliminating its online H2H mode on Madden. Up to last year, they would provide stats from H2H games, let you see who you played and what their record is, etc. Now, as of this morning, with the new update, players can't even see their OWN record. EA, buddies, Im not going to jump into your little fantasy filled world where cash rules and you fool people for money's sake. It's most obvious that they want their buyers to play strictly under the modes that will produce more cash flow, i.e FUT/franchise. The only problem is, only the most naive of naive would fail to see that Ultimate Team(regardless of game although it's most flagrant on FIFA) is a mode where those who pay more money get the most rewarding experience. EA, I dont blame you for doing what you're doing. I dont expect you to be the prime example of fairness. But I will tell you this...I have already begun my boycott (NO FIFA this year-have been buying all of them since 2010) and given your approach to madden, no madden next year. I know it doesn't matter to you and this is not supposed to be a love letter,lol, just a frank assessment of your intentions and a declaration that you haven't quite fooled everyone. :)
    So long goofies!
  • Yea, for the avg/regular H2H player, everything is pretty much gone. Will they dare remove the h2h mode completely? Only after researching and finding out whether or not it will affect their bottom line. Either way, since they've killed my favorite play mode, they've also killed my loyalty. What they're doing is almost equivalent to blackmail/extortion. So long goofies!
  • So has there been a comment from EA about the removal of the previous opponents?
    Hoping they fix this because this is some major nonsense.

MRwhitedogg,

I hate to break it to you but EA's approach to game modes in the Madden title is deliberate as they want players to focus on other game modes. The approach is the same for all sports titles.

Thank you for your inquiry.
  • JayChitown
    86 POSTS MEMBERAugust 19, 2019 6:57PM
    Beezal32 wrote: »
    They started last year removing records from the players you played against. Never thought is would get the point where you cant see who you played, your own stats or the player you played against stats and not seeing your the Win/loss record of those you play against. How can you rank players based on PF and PA? Who cares how many points for and against you get if you have a better record. If so why are they not showing it. The reason people play is for that.

I hate to break it to you but EA's approach to game modes in the Madden title is deliberate as they want players to focus on other game modes. The approach is the same for all sports titles. As of the morning of 11/2/19 you are now unable to see even your own record. I can only speculate further as to why. EA is now placing a concerted effort to get players onto the modes that produce more capital. H2H does not produce capital, therefore, any time spent on IT is time not spent anywhere else, i.e. where more money can be made. It makes perfect business sense.

• People, the h2h mode is disappearing as is by design. There is no accident,bug, technical difficulty. EA wants you to move onto the modes that produce more capital. With all that said, your innocence is sobering.

• botravis
    190 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I swear if they don’t bring back the H2H Ranked leader boards, I will not buy this game next year! I promise