EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: November Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

(PS4) Kicking Meter Disappears

Replies

• jkaras83
    6 posts Member
    edited August 9
    Well thank you for the info but if they want to make the game more difficult maybe make the meter go faster instead of disappearing. I mean why does it need to go away for kickoffs and punts? Total crap EA

[Edited for profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Gram7881
    7 posts New member
    I'm over turning off and on the Xbox to try and fix the kicking meter dispersing in the 4th quarter all the time
  • EA_Roger
    1470 posts EA Community Manager
    jkaras83 wrote: »
    Dear EA, if all of us are having the same issue with the kicking bar disappearing in the 4th quarter. Why do we need to make a video of it for you to believe us? It’s not that hard, obviously it’s going away towards the end of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th. Have one of your people play the game and you should see what everyone here is saying. Fix this!! It’s making the game extremely less enjoyable and will eventually start costing people games.

This has nothing got to do with believing you or not. If he didn't believe you, there wouldn't be a Game Changer and a Community Manager discussing this with you. The video is to help us find & reproduce this issue, to isolate the root cause as quickly as possible and resolve the problem. Sharing a video would speed up this process considerably. We have people who play the game, a QA team that tests the game thoroughly however in certain cases these issues only occur under obscure circumstances hence the request for a video. Thanks for your understanding.
  • Still having this issue even with the update to 1.07

All of the comments are exactly what is going on. Seems many are experiencing this and frankly it is screwing up the game.
  • HJArguello
    1 posts New member
    > @EA_Roger said:
    > jkaras83 wrote: »
    >
    > Dear EA, if all of us are having the same issue with the kicking bar disappearing in the 4th quarter. Why do we need to make a video of it for you to believe us? It’s not that hard, obviously it’s going away towards the end of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th. Have one of your people play the game and you should see what everyone here is saying. Fix this!! It’s making the game extremely less enjoyable and will eventually start costing people games.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This has nothing got to do with believing you or not. If he didn't believe you, there wouldn't be a Game Changer and a Community Manager discussing this with you. The video is to help us find & reproduce this issue, to isolate the root cause as quickly as possible and resolve the problem. Sharing a video would speed up this process considerably. We have people who play the game, a QA team that tests the game thoroughly however in certain cases these issues only occur under obscure circumstances hence the request for a video. Thanks for your understanding.

Can't post the link to the video of the glitch but its all over youtube if you search for it.
  • Well tried to post a link to one of the many YouTube videos that show the kicking issue but it says I’ve not been on here long enough to post a link, could one of you who have been here longer maybe post one? Then we can show EA what we are all talking about
  • Gram7881
    7 posts New member
    Madden 20 is fill of cliches and obviously was rushed to release before fully tested the game is crap
  • Not going to lie all these issues with madden this year kind of makes me miss 989 studios and NFL Gameday.
  • Gram7881
    7 posts New member
    I agree 100% on that game day should make a come back
  • green318
    2 posts New member
    Kicking meter keeps dissapearing late in the fourth quarter of gamesmaking it impossible to be accurate at all,is this a glitch or part of the game?If its a new part of the game,its a terrible addition and very unrealistic,its hard enough to kick fiald goals.Is EA aware of this problem?I sure hope so otherwise the game is terrific!
  • Bigmyth
    1 posts New member
    Several people have noted this. It seems to be a bug. On PC I have the same thing happening and it also removes the on field route indications for defense and offense. Hopefully they fix it really quickly since it seems to be hitting people on PS4, Xbox One and PC ...
  • @Kenlaw2891 they lying about that if you restart your game when it disappears and reload up the game and continue from where you were it is back to use again they know it a glitch and too lazy to fix it
  • RBogan
    3 posts New member
    I'm having the same issue. For me, it's random. Sometimes it's on the opening kickoff only, other times it appears all throughout the game. It makes it really tough to kick with this going on. FWIW, I'm on the Ultimate Superstar Edition. I bought the game, this isn't the Origin Access version.

I hope this is fixed soon. I've done all I know to do. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game, repaired the game, etc. Nothing has worked thus far.

Thanks
  • I'm having the same problem on PS4 the kicking meter is there first 3 quarters but in the 4th it disappears for some reason. I thought the update last week might have fixed this but nope. It is really messing up my game in the 4th quarter.
  • Gram7881
    7 posts New member
    Fix the problem EA come on
  • NatureBoy2323
    1994 posts Game Changer
    The Dev Team is aware of the issue and they are looking into a solution.
  • Gram7881
    7 posts New member
    That would be awesome
  • Folks a temporary work around is to SIM your kicks. It sucks but it's a work around until they fix it. I start SIMing the next play (kicks) near the end of the 3rd quarter. Problem for me is I've been playing madden for about 15 years and I often forget and go into the Kick screen, see the meter is gone and I'm forced to burn a time out. I had to waste 2 Time Outs in the 4th quarter of the super bowl last night because of this.

I can't believe this is programmed into the game, as someone mentioned. If so, then someone should be demoted.
  • GioDom15
    1 posts New member
    NO KICK METER AT ALL IN 4th QUARTER ON PS4 IN FRANCHISE MODE
  • Their is an aspect of the game’s difficulty where the kicking meter does disappear mid kick