EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: October Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

(PS4) Kicking Meter Disappears

Replies

• Still have the same problem after today’s update. No kicking meter late in the 4th quarter on any field goal, extra point, punt, and kickoff. It happens every game when it is within 1 score.
  • > @Orange_WW44 said:
    >
    >
    > Still have the same problem after today’s update. No kicking meter late in the 4th quarter on any field goal, extra point, punt, and kickoff. It happens every game when it is within 1 score.

fyi - you can remove the "when it is within 1 score" part. after playing 3.5 full seasons i can assure you, the score doesn't appear to matter. I've had 77-14 games and no kick meter at the end and i've had to burn a time out and SIM the kick. The only time i have seen the kicking meter, at the end, is some (but not all) preseason games. I do knock the clock down from 15 to 10 minutes in preseason, but doubt that is coming to play.
  • Can’t post video.
    But I’m playing on ps4. I have play about 100 games mixed between expedition and franchise with 15 minute quarters and every single game the kick meter disappears in the 3rd quarter with about 5 to 7 mins left. It’s for all kicks in the game. And yes this is even happening after the most recent update. Please fix soon this is unacceptable that an essential part of the game play does not work with so many people having the same issue so it is not an isolated issue.
  • NatureBoy2323
    1884 posts Game Changer
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will pass it along that it's still happening so the issue can be investigated and be worked on getting a fix. I apologize, because as a Madden player myself, I know things like this can be very frustrating.
  • I've only had the issue once so far, but it cost me the game. I just exited out and forced the win
  • Just did week 3 of our online franchise with myself and two friends. All playing against other teams (not against each other) and all 3 of us STILL experienced this bug. Please EA FIX THIS!
  • What a stupid feature, just cost me a game. What was wrong with the feature that happened when you ice the kicker? Having it completely disappear is not realistic and ruins the game.
    1 posts New member
    I agree...if this is a "enhancement" to make the game more difficult in the 4th quarter it sucks...I play the PC version of the game...make it all one way...I finally got used to the kicking slider...then they throw a monkey wrench into the 4th quarter and it really sucks...
  • Always 4th quarter for me around 5-7 minutes left. Tried Simulating Kicks and found that my kicker tends to miss or be blocked when I do about 50% of the time
    This makes me long for the days when there was more than one option for NFL games
  • NatureBoy2323
    1884 posts Game Changer
    687325 wrote: »
    I agree...if this is a "enhancement" to make the game more difficult in the 4th quarter it sucks...I play the PC version of the game...make it all one way...I finally got used to the kicking slider...then they throw a monkey wrench into the 4th quarter and it really sucks...

It's not suppose to be in the game. The Dev team are investigating the issue so it can be fixed.
  • srek77
    4 posts New member
    After today update the problem is still there. From the first time i played this game after a touchdown in late of 3rd quarter the kicking slider dissapears. I tried with every possible graphic settings and i played as coach or owner. I also tried to create new franchise. Nothing!!!!!!! The only thing that i can do is to exit to desktop and then restart game and continue from that point. Please EA fix this we cannot play your game in franchise mode.
  • srek77 wrote: »
    After today update the problem is still there. From the first time i played this game after a touchdown in late of 3rd quarter the kicking slider dissapears. I tried with every possible graphic settings and i played as coach or owner. I also tried to create new franchise. Nothing!!!!!!! The only thing that i can do is to exit to desktop and then restart game and continue from that point. Please EA fix this we cannot play your game in franchise mode.

SIM your kicks starting in the 4th Quarter
  • My friend Hedges997 i do not want to sim anyhing! I want to play the game having full control in everything. I have many games to sim like Footbal Manager. So i think that EA does not care about us or (even worse) they cannot find the problem to fix that specific bug. It is day one bug to fix!
  • This kick problem is out of hand and is ruining the game play (literally the core purpose of the game) experience. Why is it taking so long to fix this beta-level issue? Why would a game be allowed to go to market with such a massive glitch in the mix?
  • i purchased the PC version yesterday and guess what: same stuff.. last time i purchased an EA Sports title was back on PS2 - so i have literally no experience with how EA's patch policy works.. but seeing that this apparently is a day 1 bug still being around more than a month after release of the game (and even more: the kick meter working for the first 3 quarters!) i think this will be the last EA title i purchased in an equal timeframe...

Will try the posted workaround of leaving the game and restarting that a PS4 user posted and just keep my fingers crossed it will work on PC as well..
  • can't figure out to edit my previous post..
    it's happening in single player Franchise mode, as far as i can tell it's not happening in Play Now vs a buddy (2 controllers on same PC, not via online)
  • Kicking meter disappears in the 3rd or 4th quarter the hidden traits for the rookies is still broken and resets when will this game be fixed and that is just some of the problems with this game why is it that this company is still allowed to make this game is beyond me when a company with their resources and budget is still putting out this crap for so long something is wrong don't know what happened to ea
  • unclejune420
    2 posts New member
    edited September 25
    What a stupid game. Second loss I’ve taken because of this flaw

[Removed profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • srek77
    4 posts New member
    We have a new update today. Did they fixed kicking meter or not? In dev notes they don't mention anything!!!!!
  • The bug is still there. Unbelievable.