EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Why take the Huddle out?

When on offense, the clock is moving fast, I have had a couple of delay of game penalties. But on Defense, I really don't have time to make pre-snap adjustments. I will deal with it, but who thought that would be a good idea?

Also, auto accelerated clock? I turned it off in settings, but I still see the clock accelerate.

One last thing, why would you just arbitrarily stick RPO's in formations instead of creating formations with RPO's added? For example, I formation, stretch play, if the defense is stacked to the strong side, I can't change the direction of the play to the weak side because you stuck an RPO in this formation. That is just wrong.

Replies

• this is really ruining Madden 20 can't make enough time to adjust offense or defense plus no huddle offense is a joke
  • I have plenty of time on offense. I audible to best play, make hot routes, line adjustments and motion people.
  • I hate that the huddle is gone just for defense and realistic reasons. But what I hat the most is why can I not move my D line without moving the LBs and Safties???? It drives me nuts!
  • Pretty much EA is looking at it like the NFL, Offense sells. Anyone who is a franchise person will hate it, the Lobby/mut guys will like it cause they can put up more stats in the short timed games.

Thats also why they dummy down the defense big time. Without custom sliders jacking up the defense the game is just bad. Cant make up for it with user LB like the past either.

Overall disappointed in M20. Had a few nice additions but also made a few things worst like this which makes the negatives out weigh the positives once again. Looking forward to this exclusive contract ending with the NFL so some competition can force real change to the series.
  • [quote="jonesyskins;d-246756"]When on offense, the clock is moving fast, I have had a couple of delay of game penalties. But on Defense, I really don't have time to make pre-snap adjustments. I will deal with it, but who thought that would be a good idea?

Also, auto accelerated clock? I turned it off in settings, but I still see the clock accelerate.

One last thing, why would you just arbitrarily stick RPO's in formations instead of creating formations with RPO's added? For example, I formation, stretch play, if the defense is stacked to the strong side, I can't change the direction of the play to the weak side because you stuck an RPO in this formation. That is just wrong.[/quote]

Use stretch plays that aren't RPO plays. They also did that with a lot of toss plays, inside zone plays, HB Dive plays etc.
  • [quote="MoGooda;c-2081981"]I hate that the huddle is gone just for defense and realistic reasons. But what I hat the most is why can I not move my D line without moving the LBs and Safties???? It drives me nuts! [/quote]

That does fill strange
  • How is the huddle gone? That’s what 9 second run-off is from?
  • Jonesy - Skins, THANK YOU! They pretend to put in RPO, but some lazy clown just destroyed all the stretch plays, OUR FAVORITE RUN PLAY. Cant flip it, cant bring motion. Its like could you add the play, not just change what was there. Its so lazy.

And the no-huddle and the clock ... who's brilliant idea. I've never read a forum, "Hey, lets get rid of the huddles" or "hey, lets time warp when i hold No - Huddle". Its actually saves time to go the the menus and call a new play than it is to go no huddle. The CPU doesn't even know how to manage the accelerated clock, I see them not getting of fieldgoals before the half all the time.

How can they put a HUGE PROBLEM in, in, into, the game that was never there. We asked you to fix so many other things, why mess up "the clock". If someone doesn't want to play the game, they can sim, or play moments.

I'd go the other way, let me see players running off and on the sidelines, like a football simulator.

Little thought for EA. In the NFL, one guy can go in motion, get set, and then another guy can go in motion, WOW, revolutionize the game....

JL