EA Forums - Banner

Face of the Franchise mode

I think my favorite thing about this Face of the Franchise thing is that it's designed so that your team fumbles as many times as necessary in order to cause you to lose each and every game. Well done, Madden.

Replies

• Right. I used sadistic once on this forum to describe their ai, but like it’s kind of true. The fumbles the sacks the erratic throws in random directions...

I thought at the base of a video game was a person using a controller telling it what to do & hoping the output gets as close to as that.

Things get crazy when you break their script
  • I've stopped playing until the patch.

Face of the franchise I'm sick of losing to any team with a hard hitting safety because the wr run straight for him after every catch to cause 5 fumbles.

In franchise I'm tired of not being able to unlock dev traits.

I should know better than to try and play this franchise before October.
  • Yes ... The sacks are spectacularly ridiculous. In one game alone, my character was sacked 17 times!! I know I'm not the most adept at moving around in the pocket, but I can't douple-tap the buttons fast enough to get rid of the ball before I'm IMMEDIATELY sacked in many cases.
  • lagnaf73 wrote: »
    Yes ... The sacks are spectacularly ridiculous. In one game alone, my character was sacked 17 times!! I know I'm not the most adept at moving around in the pocket, but I can't douple-tap the buttons fast enough to get rid of the ball before I'm IMMEDIATELY sacked in many cases.

If you got drafted by the dolphins just start over.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    lagnaf73 wrote: »
    Yes ... The sacks are spectacularly ridiculous. In one game alone, my character was sacked 17 times!! I know I'm not the most adept at moving around in the pocket, but I can't douple-tap the buttons fast enough to get rid of the ball before I'm IMMEDIATELY sacked in many cases.

If you got drafted by the dolphins just start over.

Actually, I did. And the Dolphins drafted me again. Is it possible to be drafted by another team??
  • Broncos, Raiders and Dolphins for my guys.
  • Holy ****... I didn't know that.
  • I just assumed that it always steered you towards the Dolphins.
  • beast255
    6 posts New member
    I was excited to play this mode, but left feeling like more could be done. I picked Texas Tech, won both games and got drafted by the Dolphins. Since i did rookie, I have not had a loss in the first year. I agree, first big issue is the sacks. Many times i had hit throw away button and still got sacked, even when i was just finished releasing the ball. The logic in it is off, Drake for me was a okay back but he would go away from open lanes to run into defenders. It made no sense when i had a hole opened on the right and he went left into a three yard loss, even if the play was for him to run right. But i will say after the first year, it is pretty the same thing, with nothing much worth pushing the long term part of the game. No Streets in any of the drafts, and that really made it a point of no real story after the first part of the game. I did find it funny that after many season, Brady was still playing near the age of 48. Then i sim the ten years and was surprised that my player sucked bad....with many years of being of 99 overall. When i retired, i laughed to see Brees had finished his career with 83,000 years and nearly 700 touchdowns, with Brady right behind him. Either way, i enjoyed the beginning, but got bored with it after a few seasons. picking my team when i hit FA was okay but i wished that i had more control over my non playing career. In the end, i hope they improve the mode to be more centered around the player. No wasted text messages, and more control of College, along with a different story.
  • Ya I’m with the broncos with like a year & half before I hit fa, but getting to that point is gruesome. Sacked over 200 times in 2 years, zero running game, same issues as you. Wide open hole but he’ll be selfish & try to get big & I have no control of getting this guy off my team!

Hopefully the fa part is fun, if/when I get to it
  • I was kind of hoping that no one would play this mode so that EA could see what an utter failure it is and do away with it. But I know how EA operate. If no one used it, they would simply devote more resources to it (and less resources from franchise mode) and force it down our throats.
  • DyeusVita wrote: »
    Ya I’m with the broncos with like a year & half before I hit fa, but getting to that point is gruesome. Sacked over 200 times in 2 years, zero running game, same issues as you. Wide open hole but he’ll be selfish & try to get big & I have no control of getting this guy off my team!

Hopefully the fa part is fun, if/when I get to it

It doesn't matter if you get rid of the hb, all of them play the same way in that mode.
  • lagnaf73
    36 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    kennylc76 wrote: »
    I was kind of hoping that no one would play this mode so that EA could see what an utter failure it is and do away with it. But I know how EA operate. If no one used it, they would simply devote more resources to it (and less resources from franchise mode) and force it down our throats.

I wasn't hoping for it to be a failure. I don't think any of us knew how good (or bad) this mode was going to be. All they have to do is improve on it. There really are people who play Madden who like stuff like this.
  • VGA3AEB
    1 posts New member
    You know I'm 50 years old and I've been playing Madden since day one. The beat game I had played at the time. Madden also got me of the streets in my 20's, there is an article write about me and Madden in a local magazine in Austin. I've also have ran some of the biggest Madden tournaments in the Austin area. So I have a lot of respect for John Madden and E.A but it's time for a change. This mode is really fun at first but just goes downhill after first NFL season. I fell like they just take my 80 bucks and give me whatever and I continue to consume. I'm already bored with it. Madden has been doing this over 25 years now and the still not giving us what we need but we keep giving them what they need our cash. I still see professional players running out of bounds when passed to they don't stop before the sideline. True I don't know what it takes to make a video game but this is ridiculous. I had to say something this year!! Can I test or become a tester I would love to work with E.A.