EA Forums - Banner

Drafting sucks

bugworm3
52 posts Member
edited August 2019
I have been playing cfm for 10 years and I have never seen anything like this years crappy drafting process. The draft grades and combine are very deceiving! It seems like draft grades as a whole have been boosted. Half the players have a B or higher for there top 3 grades. Tons of players have an A for all 3 grades. You draft one expecting a good player and they come out a 68 😂. Where is the strategy at?? Dudes have 3 A’s and a monster combine and come out a star dev and a 68 overall.

Replies

• Drafted players are always suspect on the field too, regardless of ratings, In particular DBs, never trust drafted CBs, they stand a lot and get torched on d
  • This was said before the game came out. There was going to be a spread of overalls. You are going need to develop your players. Hence, the reason none of the rookies of this year draft had an 80+ overall. I must say I like that there's such a large spread between the good players and lower players which adds another dimension to the game!
  • > @bugworm3 said:
    > I have been playing cfm for 10 years and I have never seen anything like this years crappy drafting process. The draft grades and combine are very deceiving! It seems like draft grades as a whole have been boosted. Half the players have a B or higher for there top 3 grades. Tons of players have an A for all 3 grades. You draft one expecting a good player and they come out a 68 😂. Where is the strategy at?? Dudes have 3 A’s and a monster combine and come out a star dev and a 68 overall.

The A's you are seeing no longer mean 90 grades in that stat (what it meant last time I played in Madden 18). I believe the A's and the rest of the grades are now based on the other players in the draft...So for example, if the highest throw power rating on a QB is only 88, that is the A+ and the rest of the draft class will be based off that number.
  • Interesting thought about the grades being relative to that class...

Idk y they don’t go deeper, select some to bring in for workouts, & we get to do basic skill drills with them or something like they do in the nfl. Maybe even select a limited number of players & play a college all-star game. Just enough to get a feel for them. Play too well & maybe they go higher, play poorly & they don’t want to sign with your team or their ovr/development drops.

& I’m connected franchises you could base grades & stuff based on everyone’s results with those players in all those different style of play