EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: September Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

10 years and counting

accallday
30 posts Member
edited August 19
Every year I come on here to see what's the buzz on the new Madden. Every year I'm disappointed. I'm an old head since 92' so I have seen the glory years of Madden reduced to nothing more than gimmick modes for this current generation of Madden players. I no longer see a deep franchise mode which I played exclusively. Last one was probably Madden 09 or 10, I lost count which is a shame. Can you go after individual and team records? Do team stadiums represent the actual stadiums with sounds and crowds? I see posts on here about and videos elsewhere showing gameplay glitches that are mindblowing. Never before have I seen such a downfall of a game on systems designed to take developers to the next level. Animations look wonky. Does EA use motion capture like they did in the past? I'm 40 with other options but would like to pick up the sticks and get a game or two in franchise mode but I see nothing has changed with the game except some QB mode a card game and some other gimmicks. Looks like I'll pass again for the 10th straight year. I guess us old heads have been fazed out of Madden. Is John Madden even associated with the game anymore? Doink.

Replies

• Jza8294
    1 posts New member
    PREACH!
  • accallday wrote: »
    Every year I come on here to see what's the buzz on the new Madden. Every year I'm disappointed. I'm an old head since 92' so I have seen the glory years of Madden reduced to nothing more than gimmick modes for this current generation of Madden players. I no longer see a deep franchise mode which I played exclusively. Last one was probably Madden 09 or 10, I lost count which is a shame. Can you go after individual and team records? Do team stadiums represent the actual stadiums with sounds and crowds? I see posts on here about and videos elsewhere showing gameplay glitches that are mindblowing. Never before have I seen such a downfall of a game on systems designed to take developers to the next level. Animations look wonky. Does EA use motion capture like they did in the past? I'm 40 with other options but would like to pick up the sticks and get a game or two in franchise mode but I see nothing has changed with the game except some QB mode a card game and some other gimmicks. Looks like I'll pass again for the 10th straight year. I guess us old heads have been fazed out of Madden. Is John Madden even associated with the game anymore? Doink.

No doubt they have went with the current generation. Making the game easier instead of keeping it competitive. Online all I see are kids that try gimmicks and after they dont work, they quit. I only play online H2H but its not even worth it when you cant see anything about who you playing. Records are why people play online. Not knowing who good, what the persons disconnect rating etc. Is basically a waste. I play because I am a fan of the Bears. If not there would be know reason. Madden on next gen the way this is going, unless the team patches issues in the gameplay and not MUT. Its not a purchase. The devs would need to be working on that NOW. If not they will make a PS4 version and port it over just like Madden 25 was when it came to PS4. My dude I will tell you this the game isnt as bad as Madden 19. That was a travesty. Glitches in online play like crazy. If you wanna give it a go, I would say do it. I hope that a few concerns get addressed. If so I am good with Madden 20. Try it out on EA access its 4.99 a month and you get 10 hrs of game. You can also play all other EA titles too. Its worth it
  • JayChitown wrote: »
    accallday wrote: »

No doubt they have went with the current generation. Making the game easier instead of keeping it competitive. Online all I see are kids that try gimmicks and after they dont work, they quit. I only play online H2H but its not even worth it when you cant see anything about who you playing. Records are why people play online. Not knowing who good, what the persons disconnect rating etc. Is basically a waste. I play because I am a fan of the Bears. If not there would be know reason. Madden on next gen the way this is going, unless the team patches issues in the gameplay and not MUT. Its not a purchase. The devs would need to be working on that NOW. If not they will make a PS4 version and port it over just like Madden 25 was when it came to PS4. My dude I will tell you this the game isnt as bad as Madden 19. That was a travesty. Glitches in online play like crazy. If you wanna give it a go, I would say do it. I hope that a few concerns get addressed. If so I am good with Madden 20. Try it out on EA access its 4.99 a month and you get 10 hrs of game. You can also play all other EA titles too. Its worth it

I only played franchise mode..never played any of the other modes or online. So for me the franchise mode is a make or break deal for me. Have they addressed the trade and draft logic? Can you break and set team records? Build and customize stadiums? Move the team without changing the name? I need something that's going to keep me invested in franchise mode for the long haul and Madden has failed at that time and time again. But they keep giving you a virtual trading card mode and gimmick modes like QB1 and the last one they had. But they can't have a deep franchise mode? The best years were 04-09 and you mean to tell me they couldn't build on that? Hard pass for me man. But I guess they have to cater to the younger generation but at least they should name it something else because this ain't the Madden I grew up with.
  • I can't believe the glitchy gameplay I'm seeing on social media..what has happened to this game?? Smh