EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: September Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Madden NFL 20 Gridiron Notes: Madden NFL 20 Title Update - September.

Prev13
NatureBoy2323
1803 posts Game Changer
edited September 12
0q3hhb7b6o9m.png

To ensure Madden is the best game possible, scheduled updates are deployed by the Madden Development Team to add features to the game after launch and to tune gameplay based on community feedback. Our launch updates focus on many of the issues that Madden players report to us.

We thank you for your feedback - you've helped us improve Madden NFL 20. We look forward to further feedback and are committed to continuing to meet your expectations. Here is a detailed breakdown of what’s included in today's title update.

Key Highlights:
  • Superstar KO Mode has been added as an exciting new way to play Madden NFL 20: Squad up and take down the competition in Madden’s fastest co-op eliminator mode featuring quick games, a unique stadium and commentary, dynamic rules, and icons of the football culture.
  • New Pat Tillman Superstar X-Factor Ability.
    1. Selfless: When players with this ability enter the zone, they will receive no benefits but will instead put all of their on-field teammates in the zone, until each is knocked out with their individual default knockout conditions.
      1. This ability will be available in both Franchise and Ultimate Team. For Ultimate Team, this ability is exclusive to the MUT Master Pat Tillman player-item.
  • New Superstar Kick Return Ability
    1. Return Man: Players with this ability can quickly shift momentum and change directions without sacrificing speed on kick and punt returns.
      1. This ability is currently available in Play Now, but will not be available in Ultimate Team until mid to late September and added to Franchise very soon in an upcoming title update.

Global Updates:
  • General Stability and connectivity improvements
  • Updated player likenesses for the following NFL players:
    1. Raiders TE Foster Moreau
    2. Saints S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
    3. Redskins OLB Montez Sweat

Franchise Updates:
  • Fixed an issue preventing users from resuming leagues after creating league via Play Now Live and getting disconnected from the server due to inactivity.
  • Fixed an issue causing the main menu to show a ‘Corrupt File’ message when trying to load a saved league from the Main Menu tile.

Presentation Updates:
  • Increased volume of music during post-game highlights
  • Various commentary updates and fixes
  • Updated Online post-play cameras to avoid frequent cycles through multiple cameras

Gameplay Updates:
  • Fixed an issue causing the spot of the ball to be incorrect after a Holding penalty is accepted after a turnover.
  • Tuning to decrease the frequency of successful hit stick tackles and increase the frequency of broken hit stick tackles.
  • Tuning to increase the ‘break-on-ball’ reaction times for zone coverage defenders.
    1. DEV NOTE: Based on player feedback, we’ve increased the break-on-ball reaction time by two tenths of a second. You can expect Superstars and X-Factors to break consistently on the QB’s arm movement based on their specific coverage abilities. For players without abilities, the Zone Coverage (ZCV) rating will determine how quickly and how frequently they will react to passes when in zone coverage; the Man Coverage (MCV) rating will do the same if they’ve converted to man via any Match zone. This change will make zone defenders more aggressive and will apply to all game styles: Competitive, Simulation and Arcade. There will be more zone-specific tuning coming in a future title update.
  • Fixed an issue sometimes allowing specific QB’s to enter a state where they could not be tackled while scrambling behind the line of scrimmage.

Ultimate Team Updates:
  • Fixed an issue causing the incorrect challenges to appear in the post-game screens in Ultimate Challenges.
  • Fixed an issue causing some users to get kicked to an incorrect menu after the party leader would choose a new challenge in Ultimate Challenges.
  • Fixed an issue causing the ‘Top 3’ players to sometimes show players that are not on the opponent’s roster.
  • Fixed an issue in Squads causing users who had left a lobby to still appear to teammates as being active in the lobby.
  • Updated item art to include the player archetype on the front of the item.

PC Updates:
  • N/A

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-20/news/gridiron-notes-title-update-september
Post edited by NatureBoy2323 on

Replies

• How do you franchise tag a player?
  • THANK YOU. Fixing zone coverages was so incredibly necessary.
  • Well, i'm interested to see how the coverages work. To me, this was far and away the most frustrating thing but no offense, EA, you've taught me to take a wait and see approach. The fear is that you will over correct it.

Perhaps off ball injuries (or lack of) will be addressed in October?
  • When simulating season games in franchise mode, players do not register the correct stats that they were in real life. For example, Lamar Jackson, cam Newton, Russell Wilson, and other scrambling quarterback’s do not run the ball in simulated games. At seasons end, none of these players had more than 15 carries and only one had over 50 yards. This is not acceptable. This is supposed to be a simulation game. Also, running backs like Saquon Barkley do not catch the ball nearly enough in simulated games. Just finished a season where he only had 14 catches all year. Can this please be addressed by somebody, I have continued to post this for two years in madden forms and on their social media pages with zero response. I would even take a we cannot fix this answer as opposed to being held silent. I have been a man buyer for over 20 years. In years past these players have a cumulated the correct amount of stats. Michael Vick ran the ball,LaDainian Tomlinson caught the ball. It can be fixed.
  • awesome new uniforms for superstars ko. Can/will we get those uniforms in MUT? Please?! If so, how and when?
  • A few thoughts:
    - I still see no update about the Cowboys dark jerseys being used as "away" uniforms, creating a blue vs. blue issue when you're playing the Bears, Giants, Colts, Titans, etc. Those games are unbearable sometimes.
    - It says you've corrected the Top 3 in MUT to not show players who aren't on either team, but the "top players" is still distorted. I.E., for some reason the players that show for me are USUALLY 90 OVR Jason Sehorn, 88 OVR Herman Moore, and 89 OVR Zach Ertz when my best players are 91 OVR Derrick Brooks, 90 OVR Jason Sehorn, and 90 OVR Michael Strahan. I'm fine with the cards that show at the beginning of the game not being the best OVR players, but I just wish there was some explanation that made it feel like this wasn't an error (on the MUT menus, it also shows incorrectly).
    -Commentary: In MUT, just cause I'm using a team's jersey doesn't mean I care about their current QB. Seems silly that if I have Mayfield behind center I need to hear about Daniel Jones just cause I've got the Giants uniforms. I appreciate the attempt to keep commentary fresh, but would like it better if in challenges and solos these guys could figure out the correct down (I've heard them say 2nd down when it's actually 3rd down coming up) and quarter (how many times do they say great first drive when it's a 4th quarter challenge??) or just shut them off in challenges all together, OR maybe have it be far more color commentary driven. I get that this is a minor thing, but I think where you guys the missing the most is attention to detail.
    - Hit sticks/fumbles - I think this tuner is perfect. I still see fumbles on kickoffs and such, but they make far more sense (actual big hitter and not the 4th string wide receiver, the returner getting a little too fancy and not covering up, etc.).
    - Connections - It hasn't happened too often to raise a red flag yet, but I took a H2H seasons loss when the game just crashed to the xbox home screen completely, and earlier in the 4th i guess the Madden gods shined down and corrected it, but I was losing by multiple scores and as the other team was running it out there was a disconnect back to the MUT menus, to which my opponent messaged me and accused me of somehow disconnecting us.
    - Playbooks in MUT solos are still loading to what home jerseys you choose in visuals. I use a power run playbook but keep getting the Bears playbook in solos because I'm currently using that jersey. Seems silly, but would really like to work some plays out in solo battles, challenges, etc. for when I'm playing H2H modes.

Sweet new game mode, but annoys me that all this time was devoted to some arcade game to try and rope people in when there's a lot of small little issues in MUT, which is the game mode to me that makes zero sense for EA to ignore considering it brings in revenue.

Might also lure people into the Superstar game mode if there are MUT rewards (and get new users that try because of that game mode to maybe try MUT and get into that?).

Knock on wood if you're with me. Good update overall, hopefully more tweaks on the next one.
  • gogiants98 wrote: »
    A few thoughts:
    - I still see no update about the Cowboys dark jerseys being used as "away" uniforms, creating a blue vs. blue issue when you're playing the Bears, Giants, Colts, Titans, etc. Those games are unbearable sometimes.

I agree with this, but there should be some logic that if the uni's are too close, there is an automatic default to an opposite color. Another example would be the Seahawks wolf grey on the road vs. the Raiders, the Cowboys, the Pats, among others. If the user picked the grey for Seattle and they get paired with one of the teams with grey home pants, the game should automatically default to the usual white Seattle roads.
    A few thoughts:

I agree with this, but there should be some logic that if the uni's are too close, there is an automatic default to an opposite color. Another example would be the Seahawks wolf grey on the road vs. the Raiders, the Cowboys, the Pats, among others. If the user picked the grey for Seattle and they get paired with one of the teams with grey home pants, the game should automatically default to the usual white Seattle roads.

I have had a few games in the last 2 days where the team im playing against has the same color jersey and pants as mine, it's NOT easy on the eye. Would of quit but they where h2h games. All this started happening when people started posting about creating your own uniform s glitch and how to do it.
  • The Hidden trait is still broken. Resets soon as you exit your franchise. This is crazy that it still hasn't been fixed even when they said in a previous title update it was addressed. The Kicking meter vanishing is also still a huge problem. not being able to punt or kick a game winning fg is crazy. Untill these issues are fixed the game just feels broken. I have no clue how these two major things havent been fixed. Who cares about this new ko nonsense if the game doesnt play right. ie KICKING the Ball, I repeat KICKING the ball lol I hope that after playing 1 season in cloud the hidden trait will reveal on its own . because i am not going to play 500 snaps consecutively without turning the console off and resuming at another time. Anyway sorry if it sounds like a rant but these 2 basic things need to be fixed before new things are added to the game. Please please please fix the kicking, id even say forget the hidden trait who cares, at least let me play the game properly by kicking the ball. Thanks for listening, if your listening, if you care, eh i probably just waisted my time writing this. Worth a shot.
    A few thoughts:

Agreed.

Too often I'm forced to take an L if I don't have the patience to deal with it. A real small issue that has been an issue in other years as well.
  • kgrffth
    3 posts New member
    Games style simulation CFM Coach mode; I’ve played 4 preseason games and 10 regular season games with the Cincinnati Bengals and have not seen any offensive linemen get injured (set at 52) that is just ridiculous, NONE! Also no defensive holding penalties another major flaw in the simulation mode.
  • kgrffth
    3 posts New member
    Simulation mode is a joke, in this mode you would expect the penalties and injuries will be as realistic as the NFL itself. However, the only players getting injured are skilled players and in terms of penalties, they have been the same for the last 10 years except one. Defensive holding is called about three or four times per game in the NFL the last time I saw a defensive holding call in Madden was in Madden 16
  • You can’t challenge plays theirs no penalties in the game at all their is no ref on the field like c’mon y’all want to make a realistic game but take out the realism of it wow... disappointed n I’ve losted a fair share of games getting disconnected n I’m wired up like c’mon now!
  • Can u give an option in franchise to choose weather and roof open or close in those stadiums cause you have to keep starting game over to get the kind of weather u want
  • Please put Refs back on field!!!!!!!!
  • Add daylight saving to franchise mode so early games get darker earlier like from November to end of season
  • Can you please update how many things you can trade at once?? In realistic trades more than 3 players/picks are usually given up at a time. Not to mention having master trade negotiator perk for your coach doesn't affect anything. It barely gives you a higher chance of making a trade with someone.
  • Hey guys I know most people probably don’t care but I at least do There are some people in the NFL that made the roster that aren’t in the game people like Gunner Olszewski from the New England Patriots isn’t in the game and I would love it if you added these type of players
  • Sr71nightstalker
    25 posts Member
    edited September 5
    #ThankyouEA for my new Pat Tillman, Thank You for listening to my requests last year about the game, and Thank You for adding Pat Tillman to the game. Just would like to let y'all know that I appreciate what y'all do and I'm grateful. Good job guy s and girls, keep up the good work, and Thank You For Your Service😇
    Post edited by Sr71nightstalker on