EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Suggested Madden 20 fixes / Gameplay Fixes for future installments

Replies

  • "Quarterback Passing familiarities" between engagements.
  • Pass Interference is a huge problem too
  • Honestly I think it all has to do with the speed threshold setting. When I set it down to 5 I get rosted by faster CPU recievers, when trying to play "super LB" with Vander Esch. Set at 50 its way to easy to sprint around like a superman.

    I don't feel the actual speed rating kicks in until 20 yrds or so down field. Would be interesting to see your output @MaddenUniversity

    Has there ever been an explanation for that speed threshold setting?
  • I don't even really think its the speed threshold because 95+ speed WRs can burn slower corners decently easily in man if both are CPU controlled... But if a user plays on that same defender, they get a speed boost. A player's speed I would think would be the same if the CPU is controlling him or the user... But it's been multiple times where an 85-87 speed user defender somehow, someway has makeup speed over my CPU controlled 95-98 speed WRs on a streak or slant and defend them or intercept them. Which is asinine.
  • I agree with many things you pointed out.

    Jump balls: I think another solution for this is bringing back the WR swat option if it appears your beat. It’s happens frequently in real life and would counter some of the DB INT animations that can’t be changed. I would like to see both players bobble and drop these passes (assuming both players have good positioning) instead of animations taking over creating unrealistic catches for either the WR or DB.

    Lurking LB: I agree 100% I’ve created other threads detailing the same things. Players should have to make a read and cover 1 route. In my opinion CPU and user players cover to much space during the flight of the football. Also I think that the QB could lead receivers into open windows better than they currently do.

    Metas: To me this breaks the game more than anything else you shouldn’t have to find the ONE play on offense or defense that executes the way you want. In real life players adapt and recognize patterns so multiple formations and personnel packages could shut down the same play when ran over and over from the same look.
  • Exactly what i've been saying on the metas and money plays. You don't continue to react the same way to a play everytime it is ran. The AI needs to be able to identify spammed plays better.

    LBs with bad cov attributes and 10-12 point slower should never be able to run with 97 speed WRs even if being usered. Just because you click on someone, it shouldn't make them faster.


    And I just want user catching back. You dont even have to strafe on defense anymore. It's completely predetermined.
  • How about removing "Ineligible receiver downfield" flags on the second to last play of the game to get into FG online vs a human opponent with 5 seconds left? What in the WORLD is the point of that flag at that moment even being in the game?

    Also, how about giving us the option to challenge plays online in H2H? Nothing beats sitting there watching the replay behind my play selecting menu to see that a players feet were clearly out or they were well short of 1st down, etc only to not be able to challenge.
  • tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Exactly what i've been saying on the metas and money plays. You don't continue to react the same way to a play everytime it is ran. The AI needs to be able to identify spammed plays better.

    LBs with bad cov attributes and 10-12 point slower should never be able to run with 97 speed WRs even if being usered. Just because you click on someone, it shouldn't make them faster.


    And I just want user catching back. You dont even have to strafe on defense anymore. It's completely predetermined.

    There's no such thing as a MONEY PLAY... Never has been. What's money against one player is fodder against another. Frankly, I've searched out what are advertised as MONEY plays and made it my personal quest to DESTROY those plays... The tools are available, should we choose to use them.

    Regarding the AI... The user picks the formation, the personnel, and the assignments. Why is the AI that merely performs the assignments the focus? Is there no responsibility for the entity choosing what the AI does?

    User catching isn't quite predetermined... A receiver that isn't near the ball won't catch it. Sounds logical, but if a receiver was predetermined to catch a ball, he wouldn't need to bother running the route. The question should be what gives a receiver the advantage in a 50/50 ball situation?

    Just one mans take...

    Later
  • tosstamer1
    313 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    09py3gjd0h7a.jpeg
    e9y5xbifgcbe.jpeg
    bat4n6jk2j2o.jpeg


    Placed images in spoiler tags for easier viewing. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • From a madden ambassador
  • I agree with Problem regarding the bad defensive pursuit angles, and believe that is the biggest influence for offensive play selection.

    Easily, pursuit angles are the biggest problem (pun intended) with the run defense. If there were better pursuit angles, there would be far less issues stopping the run, but once a runner gets outside the numbers, one missed tackle and it's off to the races because the inside pursuit attacks where the ball carrier is instead of where he is going to be...

    Change the pursuit angles and you change how people play the game...

    Later
  • Can there be an nailed-on signature hump move threat animation?


  • This just happen to me in my league game lol

    I’m Seahawks and he’s 9ners 😭
  • Glitz up the concept options.
  • R.
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    In your jumpball comments, I didn’t see anything talking about positioning, user skills, nor spec catch rating.

    True... I didn't address those for a few reasons.
    Regarding positioning, Cam Newton never throws the deep ball where I want it. My user attempts to make catches are usually panicked reactions to throws that are directly to defenders. As a result, they seem to always be in better position.
    My personal user skills are not worth mentioning... The last 3 years of Madden have made me lazy because the 'hold-down' button mechanic has made me lazy. I'm slowly getting back to timing my button presses and have seen a marked improvement lately.
    My receivers have lackluster SPC and CTT ratings... I have come to expect them to drop balls unless they are WIDE OPEN.
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Why would WRs not being running full speed on routes? If that’s the case how do corners ever get beat? Not to mention they said they were nurfing LBs in cov so what about that?

    Skilled WR don't run routes at full speed, but they use speed as a tool to setup defenders. Coming off the line at full sprint indicates to DB's that the route is a streak or a fade because a receiver can't cut without reducing speed and planting a foot to change direction. A skilled WR might run at a speed that makes the defender anticipate a cut, then the WR speeds up to get by him OR break off the line at full speed to get the defender to rotate his hips, then the WR throttle's down and turns while the DB is running away. Neither of these is modeled well in Madden...
    I don't think they should have changed the way LBs played pass coverage. The change in the pass trajectory was enough. But they limited the movements a LB can make when the ball is coming toward him in response to feedback from Average Joe Maddenplayer...
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Meta was probably the wrong term. But people spamming money plays on offense is more of the thing I was referring to.

    It has always been my belief that there is no such thing as a money play... Nothing works all the time; however, the average Madden player doesn't play for the intricacies of the strategy. They play for fun. I personally love the X's and O's and play Madden from a coaching perspective. Most players play with a spectator perspective...
    I wrote an article about it years ago called "Simulate Responsibility." Membership to the site has always been FREE - and I won't spam you with emails. LOL
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Before you say you should adjust and stuff yes of course. But you can only control one person on defense. I can put my AI player in a purple and he’ll still get killed by a corner route.

    I see you point about defense, but I disagree... We only control one player directly! All 10 other players are controlled indrectly via the plays we call and the adjustments we make.
    Regarding that Curl/Flat (Purple) zone, we agree... It's was virtually useless before the 1.12 Title Update... I haven't played enough games to know if it's working better. I haven't trusted that zone for so long, it's hard to put on on the field.

    Good talk! Keep it going.

    Later

    In regards to jump balls, there is not a difference in the world between 99 ovr DB and a 59 if they have the similar physical attributes. That right there is beyond dumb because speed has little to do with being good at that position. It's a position that requires a ton of technique and intelligence. Unfortunately, in Madden physical attributes still have way too much of an impact on the game. A low rated DB, should be susceptible to holding penalties , bites on dbl teams, DPI on 1v1 throws bc they're not playing the ball and don't have their head turned.

    IMO, users should not bee able to ball hawk unless the defenders head is turned and looking for the ball. That would mean play rec, cvg ratings and awareness would dictate positioning and the ability to play the ball.

    As for WRs running at different speeds and angle. Yes, that's correct, but the problem is in Madden the routes are all run the same, making it extremely easy to figure out the passing concepts. Frankly, the fact that defenses don't tire on here is pretty ridculous and can "rub" into receivers without drawing a penalty for illegal contact. Those flags along with a more realistic agility would nerf a lot of that.

    To help counter the buffs that gives passing, their needs to be accuracy penalties, depending on how tight a window or the coverage is. This doesn't mean that there would be more picks, rather some passes might be a bit out of reach or slight thrown behind. This would also be a good counterweight for pocket passers, since they are once again a hindrance in Madden

    As for running the same play over and over. Yes, a user should have to make adjustments, but defensively D-lineman should definitely be given ratings and animations boosts because in real life, if they know what the play is, they're attacking certain gaps or pining their ears back and getting into the backfield.

    The problem is Madden still has problems with certain formations get better lineplay animations (offense and defense) and certain routes being un coverable.

  • R.
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    In your jumpball comments, I didn’t see anything talking about positioning, user skills, nor spec catch rating.

    True... I didn't address those for a few reasons.
    Regarding positioning, Cam Newton never throws the deep ball where I want it. My user attempts to make catches are usually panicked reactions to throws that are directly to defenders. As a result, they seem to always be in better position.
    My personal user skills are not worth mentioning... The last 3 years of Madden have made me lazy because the 'hold-down' button mechanic has made me lazy. I'm slowly getting back to timing my button presses and have seen a marked improvement lately.
    My receivers have lackluster SPC and CTT ratings... I have come to expect them to drop balls unless they are WIDE OPEN.
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Why would WRs not being running full speed on routes? If that’s the case how do corners ever get beat? Not to mention they said they were nurfing LBs in cov so what about that?

    Skilled WR don't run routes at full speed, but they use speed as a tool to setup defenders. Coming off the line at full sprint indicates to DB's that the route is a streak or a fade because a receiver can't cut without reducing speed and planting a foot to change direction. A skilled WR might run at a speed that makes the defender anticipate a cut, then the WR speeds up to get by him OR break off the line at full speed to get the defender to rotate his hips, then the WR throttle's down and turns while the DB is running away. Neither of these is modeled well in Madden...
    I don't think they should have changed the way LBs played pass coverage. The change in the pass trajectory was enough. But they limited the movements a LB can make when the ball is coming toward him in response to feedback from Average Joe Maddenplayer...
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Meta was probably the wrong term. But people spamming money plays on offense is more of the thing I was referring to.

    It has always been my belief that there is no such thing as a money play... Nothing works all the time; however, the average Madden player doesn't play for the intricacies of the strategy. They play for fun. I personally love the X's and O's and play Madden from a coaching perspective. Most players play with a spectator perspective...
    I wrote an article about it years ago called "Simulate Responsibility." Membership to the site has always been FREE - and I won't spam you with emails. LOL
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Before you say you should adjust and stuff yes of course. But you can only control one person on defense. I can put my AI player in a purple and he’ll still get killed by a corner route.

    I see you point about defense, but I disagree... We only control one player directly! All 10 other players are controlled indrectly via the plays we call and the adjustments we make.
    Regarding that Curl/Flat (Purple) zone, we agree... It's was virtually useless before the 1.12 Title Update... I haven't played enough games to know if it's working better. I haven't trusted that zone for so long, it's hard to put on on the field.

    Good talk! Keep it going.

    Later

    In regards to jump balls, there is not a difference in the world between 99 ovr DB and a 59 if they have the similar physical attributes. That right there is beyond dumb because speed has little to do with being good at that position. It's a position that requires a ton of technique and intelligence. Unfortunately, in Madden physical attributes still have way too much of an impact on the game. A low rated DB, should be susceptible to holding penalties , bites on dbl teams, DPI on 1v1 throws bc they're not playing the ball and don't have their head turned.

    IMO, users should not bee able to ball hawk unless the defenders head is turned and looking for the ball. That would mean play rec, cvg ratings and awareness would dictate positioning and the ability to play the ball.

    As for WRs running at different speeds and angle. Yes, that's correct, but the problem is in Madden the routes are all run the same, making it extremely easy to figure out the passing concepts. Frankly, the fact that defenses don't tire on here is pretty ridculous and can "rub" into receivers without drawing a penalty for illegal contact. Those flags along with a more realistic agility would nerf a lot of that.

    To help counter the buffs that gives passing, their needs to be accuracy penalties, depending on how tight a window or the coverage is. This doesn't mean that there would be more picks, rather some passes might be a bit out of reach or slight thrown behind. This would also be a good counterweight for pocket passers, since they are once again a hindrance in Madden

    As for running the same play over and over. Yes, a user should have to make adjustments, but defensively D-lineman should definitely be given ratings and animations boosts because in real life, if they know what the play is, they're attacking certain gaps or pining their ears back and getting into the backfield.

    The problem is Madden still has problems with certain formations get better lineplay animations (offense and defense) and certain routes being un coverable.

    YES! D-linemen should def have boost if someone spamming a play because you play faster if you know the play. Thats an awesome idea. Certain routes are def uncoverable... I guess they thought making the zones react faster would fix it, but they are usually still out of reach of a corner route smh They should have just made their positioning better.

    All WRs running at the same speed is dumb as well. And the DB rubs to press a WR well passed 5 yards is a huge problem I guess that just doesn't matter to them.
  • @donscrillinger they deleted your comment or something but I heard one of the dudes that do the ratings a Cowboys fan reason why they're OP.
  • tosstamer1 wrote: »
    @donscrillinger they deleted your comment or something but I heard one of the dudes that do the ratings a Cowboys fan reason why they're OP.

    Wow that's really bogus if they did delete my message because it's the absolute truth and it's just plain out trash for them t ok hate on my statement especially when I never cussed nore did I disrespect anyone with the comment all guide lines we're followed.So why would they hate on me like that and cover up the truth about how they obviously are catering to a team that clearly rated higher than teams that are better than them .
  • NatureBoy2323
    2273 posts Game Changer
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    @donscrillinger they deleted your comment or something but I heard one of the dudes that do the ratings a Cowboys fan reason why they're OP.

    Wow that's really bogus if they did delete my message because it's the absolute truth and it's just plain out trash for them t ok hate on my statement especially when I never cussed nore did I disrespect anyone with the comment all guide lines we're followed.So why would they hate on me like that and cover up the truth about how they obviously are catering to a team that clearly rated higher than teams that are better than them .

    You posted this exact comment in two threads. Once in this thread and in the Madden NFL 20 Title Update - October. Posting the same comment in more than one thread is considered spam and is a violation of our TOS. As you can see by the link I provided, your comment is still in the Title Update thread and the same one you posted in this thread has been removed. https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/249824/madden-nfl-20-title-update-october#latest

    So in the future, you need to contact someone on the moderating team or one of our Community Managers if you want to know why a comment was deleted or removed.

    donscrillinger
    7 postsMember
    October 4, 2019 8:29AM

    Can someone explain how a 4th seed team who lost in the 1st round playoffs in 2019 are now 3 - 1 as to date the Dallas Cowboys are rated better overall still into week 5 are an 89 and coming off a lost in week 4 how are they rated better than the no.1 seed in 2019 and as to date are 4 - 0, K.C Chiefs going into week 5 the team has an overall team rating of 84 .Like huh? how does that make any type of sense. If the cowboys have an rated 89 overall team rating shouldn't the Chief's have an 91 or 92 overall team rating I'm just saying .It seems like who ever that does these overall team ratings are catering to the cowboys because it's just not any type of logical explanation for how this seems to happen week after week .but it's so called being updated every week to reflect real life Week to Week NFL season.
  • Now connected franchise advance screens have disappeared 😭😭😭
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!