Replies

• tosstamer1
    313 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    i9wla6da8qmy.jpeg
    8ycm4q8iyhn1.jpeg

Edited to add spoilers - EA_Roger.
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Reviving this thread... I just got moved into my new place! Got the studio setup. Will start getting footage for the SPEED video I described above.

Drop me some more ideas for other videos too...

Later
  • Reviving this thread... I just got moved into my new place! Got the studio setup. Will start getting footage for the SPEED video I described above.

Drop me some more ideas for other videos too...

Later

Nice. Interested to see that.
  • tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Nice. Interested to see that.

Sadly, it's not quite going as intended... Can't get a reliable result for a user controlled player running a deep route yet. Results will be interesting though. Should be finishing up capturing the raw footage today, editing tomorrow, and voice over soon after. To be fair, I'll also talk briefly how the experiment was changed to account for being unable to simulate a user receiver with just one person working two sticks.

Stay tuned!

Later
  • MaddenUniversity
    364 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Video is ready... :smiley:

I think it answers tosstamer1's question about why an 87 SPD LB is picking off slants to a 97 SPD receiver as well as why defenders are making plays on deep passes to receivers that are a speed mismatch...

If you find the video informative, even if you don't agree with the conclusions, give it a like. Took almost three days to put it together. First video since moving to LA.

Later
    Post edited by MaddenUniversity on
  • Nice. I’ll be looking out for it
  • It's up. Added it into the previous post with an edit.

Later
  • Video is ready... :smiley:

I think it answers tosstamer1's question about why an 87 SPD LB is picking off slants to a 97 SPD receiver as well as why defenders are making plays on deep passes to receivers that are a speed mismatch...

If you find the video informative, even if you don't agree with the conclusions, give it a like. Took almost three days to put it together. First video since moving to LA.

Later

Thanks for the video that does open up some insight to the speed threshold. I’m going to share it with the rest of my madden league.
  • So this Means that EA is going to have to change the LB speeds to 70’s to simulate how they play on the field. Some SS’s as well.
  • IF THEY FIX THIS I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST MADDEN PLAYER ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

The inability to edit Superstar and X-factor Superstar traits as a coach or owner in the franchise mode has single-handedly become one of the most annoying things I have ever had to deal with on the game. It seems the traits are completely random, I have a QB with 96 overall speed but when he runs or scrambles he is slower than 90% of the defenses, he is an x-factor trait player but none of his abilities, besides jukebox, work with his play style. If I could edit his superstar abilities and make it so he could actually scramble, that would be perfect. The point of a CUSTOM franchise is to be able to customize it!
  • tosstamer1
    313 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    IF THEY FIX THIS I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST MADDEN PLAYER ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

The inability to edit Superstar and X-factor Superstar traits as a coach or owner in the franchise mode has single-handedly become one of the most annoying things I have ever had to deal with on the game. It seems the traits are completely random, I have a QB with 96 overall speed but when he runs or scrambles he is slower than 90% of the defenses, he is an x-factor trait player but none of his abilities, besides jukebox, work with his play style. If I could edit his superstar abilities and make it so he could actually scramble, that would be perfect. The point of a CUSTOM franchise is to be able to customize it!

You can switch the players position then switch them back until you get whatever traits you want. They change like every other time.
  • I think superstar and superstar x factors should be for kickers as well at least for franchise mode. If the kicker has a star, or x, or both, it will make it harder, to contest the kick.
    This should be considered a moment meant for adding playable kickoffs to the moments mode. This way I don't have to watch the kickoff. I hope this is an insightful idea, because the kicking in franchise, needs an upgrade.
  • I think superstar and superstar x factors should be for kickers as well at least for franchise mode. If the kicker has a star, or x, or both, it will make it harder, to contest the kick.
    This should be considered a moment meant for adding playable kickoffs to the moments mode. This way I don't have to watch the kickoff. I hope this is an insightful idea, because the kicking in franchise, needs an upgrade.

There are SS kickers and punters

• The-Sporty-Hero
    478 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    I think superstar and superstar x factors should be for kickers as well at least for franchise mode. If the kicker has a star, or x, or both, it will make it harder, to contest the kick.

There are SS kickers and punters

I meant I wanted to use them in the moments mode in franchise as a kickoff feature. Maybe their can be a limit for it or a full array of scenarios to pick from. One I would like to see is the fair catch free kick as an option. I don't like that it's always unplayable.
    Post edited by The-Sporty-Hero on
  • I have a quicker and simpler list for EA's thinking heads. Copy / paste Madden glitch at youtube.
    Look, analyze and work on it and your game will become as good as in the years 2000 to 2008.
    With players with multiple tactics and not stereotyped users with gameplay similar to each game that gives a taste of déjà-vue.
  • I have a quicker and simpler list for EA's thinking heads. Copy / paste Madden glitch at youtube.
    Look, analyze and work on it and your game will become as good as in the years 2000 to 2008.
    With players with multiple tactics and not stereotyped users with gameplay similar to each game that gives a taste of déjà-vue.

I've watched many of the videos under the "Madden Glitch" search at YouTube... I'd guess that 97-99% of them aren't glitches at all, they are just people trying to get hits by showing you their "tactic" solely against the types of things their tactic works against.

Next time you watch an "unblockable" blitz, check the formation the offense is in. I'll bet it's a formation with one back in the backfield, probably on the wrong side to block the blitz, and the TE is too far away to be of any use. With this ill adapted formation, they will proceed to slide protect, ID the Mike, and max protect to "prove" their blitz can't be blocked. Meanwhile, there are 15-20 other offensive formations that will block it up every time with one or less blocking adjustments. They just don't show you those.

It pays to keep people in the dark, because when you can think for yourself, you won't need them.

Later
  • 97-99% of them aren't glitches at all, Later
    Not sure that you will beat the record of "agree" with a post that says that a video game has only 1% of glitch. But it's daring.

Later
  • So to help you all understand my idea. I want to play kickoffs in moments as any special teams player or lock onto one of them. Then in a big crucial kickoff I will have the option to either sim or run down field to assist in a tackle.
    Then there could be a sim of the opening drive moment. It's kind of a backwards situation but it would still be a unique addition.
  • Madden Devs please fix the CPU ball carriers. I can tell you the exact patch that ruined the CPU from using their ball carrier moves. Patch 1.11. ever since that patch, the CPU has been lifeless. Elusive players are not even a factor. They just run right into tackles when they have nowhere else to go without even trying to put on a move. They no longer make any exciting plays by making a defender miss a tackle. Before that patch, the CPU was so much more realistic and amazing the way they executed their ball carrier abilities. It’s so annoying to even play the CPU because they don’t even use their X-Factor abilities at all. What’s the point of them having the “Juke Box” ability if they never even try to execute jukes? I have been a madden fan for the longest and this has completely ruined my experience. This ruins the game for simulation players, this ruins the game for people who watch CPU vs CPU gameplay, this ruins the game for players who don’t play head to head that just want to enjoy playing the game offline, this ruins the game for players who want an actual challenge from the CPU and want to feel like they are playing against an elusive threat like a Lamar Jackson or a Saquon Barkley. The gameplay experience is just so bland without this. They are literally just running with the football and that’s it smh. Please bring back the jukes, trucking, & stiff arming abilities of the CPU ball carriers. This honestly needs to be fixed ASAP 💯
  • None of these were patched on since this post back in September.