EA Forums - Banner

Drop drop drop drop drop drop .....

lagnaf73
36 posts Member
edited September 2019
The one-handed catches are fun to watch and all, but watching receivers drop easy passes (as though they took the flypaper off of their gloves for a play) is getting hard to watch. It's rather frustrating watching painfully easy, catchable balls bounce off of receivers' hands ... far too often. The beauty of it is that they seem to happen more often on 3rd downs and definitely in the red zone. The ultimate was a game I just played where, on 3 consecutive plays, I threw 3 perfect passes into the hands of wide-open receivers standing in the endzone, only to watch the passes bounce off of their hands as though I through it at brick walls. To sweeten the deal, on the third attempt, the 3rd perfect pass not only hit the receiver perfectly in the hands (again), but then said receiver batted the ball straight up into the air. This, of course, resulted in a DB easily catching the ball and ... you guessed it ... ran it back for a pick 6. Once again, well done, EA. Well done.

P.S. Moral of the story... Regarding the DB who happened to be at the right place at the right time, at least SOMEONE on the field can catch a pass.

Replies

• Pass hits WR, bounces off a DB, then another DB, the a LB picks it out of the air and runs 50+ yards for a TD.
  • Never had problems with WRs dropping passes in head to head matches. Only time they drop passes for me is when I try doing aggressive catch when I throw to them in tight coverage they can't hold on to ball but not using impact player WRs/TEs though. WRs/TEs playmakers catch passes in coverage often but rarely with regular WRs/TEs
  • Never had problems with WRs dropping passes in head to head matches. Only time they drop passes for me is when I try doing aggressive catch when I throw to them in tight coverage they can't hold on to ball but not using impact player WRs/TEs though. WRs/TEs playmakers catch passes in coverage often but rarely with regular WRs/TEs

I am experiencing receivers dropping passes, uncontested, wide open, perfectly hitting them in the hands. Several times, each and every game.
  • Receivers with the "Clutch" attribute are likely to hold onto passes on 3rd down. If you have a clutch receiver, try to get scheme him open instead of merely reading the defense and throwing to the open man who might drop it.

I play with the Panthers and my receivers drop passes all the time. But when I need a catch, I can go to Gregg Olsen or Christian McCaffery.

Later