EA Forums - Banner

Madden 20 terrible due to OP guard & terrible blocking

SportsGamesRme
posts New member
edited September 2019
Ea has consistently ruined madden every year. Sad when the best mode is offline franchise. People can guard the entire field with mlbs as fast as the fastest wr. Plus blocking is awful. Please release a old madden b4 you guys messed it up.

[Title edited to reflect topic]
Post edited by EA_Roger on

Replies

• The-Sporty-Hero
    808 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The best part of Madden 20 is the star spangled tackles. How come you don't like the game?
    Post edited by The-Sporty-Hero on
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Ea has consistently ruined madden every year. Sad when the best mode is offline franchise. People can guard the entire field with mlbs as fast as the fastest wr. Plus blocking is awful. Please release a old madden b4 you guys messed it up.

I don't play offline nor franchise, so I'll assume your gripes are about Online H2H... I'll address the myths:

People cannot cover the entire field with a MLB. Never has this been true. However, a skiller user can cover a lot of area and bait a throw as they pass receivers off to other defenders/zones. It's possible to take away two to three receivers depending on WHO you throw to and WHERE you throw and WHEN you throw it. Those are the three elements of strategy Personnel, Position, Tempo. This skill usually comes with reps because it takes time to 1) know that opponents are looking at and 2) have enough control over your player to do something about it.

Regarding a LB covering the fastest receivers... For a about 10-12 yards, the difference between a LB speed and a WR speed are minute. A WR needs more distance to make his speed difference relevant. Despite the misconception, even the fastest LB cannot run with the fastest WR in a footrace that is 25+ yards. Most LB's roaming the middle are only covering a WR across the field near the hashes... Meanwhile, the CPU controlled WR is running at a controlled speed without Turbo - While the LB is sprinting his brains out.

Blocking is better when you don't use the R2/RT buttons until you break into the open. When the ball carrier sprints, the defense sprints. The "Turbo" button works differently with an engaged defender. When engaged, defenders don't sprint they PUSH AWAY which creates separation from the block allowing a block shed via a power or finesse move. If you don't sprint, blocked defenders usually don't push away from a blocker and therefore stay blocked...

That said, I'm also eager to hear what you don't like about the game so we can determine if it's a function of misconception or something the devs actually need to fix.

Later