EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: October Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Running Quarterbacks

Sorry I just need to vent. I'm having a hard time containing these scrambling quarterbacks. If I put fast players on the field, I just get run over with a brusing o-line and stud rb. If I leave my bruisers in there, I get roasted by fast quarterbacks. I'm just getting spammed with lamar jackson and vick. Very few want to use the truly great quarterbacks in football but would rather run with speed. Frustrating.

Replies

• Its insane this year because it raises the QBs speed like 20 points lol
  • Sorry I just need to vent. I'm having a hard time containing these scrambling quarterbacks. If I put fast players on the field, I just get run over with a brusing o-line and stud rb. If I leave my bruisers in there, I get roasted by fast quarterbacks. I'm just getting spammed with lamar jackson and vick. Very few want to use the truly great quarterbacks in football but would rather run with speed. Frustrating.

Escape Artist beats contains way too easily and the speed boost it provides is ridiculous. Spies are also back to being broken bc clicking the right stick doesn't send the spy first, nor does the spy rush the QB once he escapes the pocket (which is the entire point of a spy).
  • Stop playing MUT then. If people stop playing that, the cash flow will stop and maybe EA will focus on actual game play.
  • Stop playing MUT then. If people stop playing that, the cash flow will stop and maybe EA will focus on actual game play.

This happens in H2H too dude!
  • botravis
    99 posts Member
    edited October 10
    I’ve never played MUT and I never will because I’m not a Fan of throwback Mania. I like whatever Team I like and I want that Current roster. I HATE MUT I hate the concept and I especially hate the fact that it has somewhat ruined H2H. I’ve also noticed that everything that the H2H bangers “wish” for they add that specific feature to MUT. 😡
  • Madden players have had trouble with scrambling quarterbacks for years before Escape Artist was added to Madden NFL 19. The good news is that the strategies to contain a scrambling QB are the same. Blitzing, Spying, and Containing all kinda work against a regular scramble threat, but you'll need a more creative mix to stop the above average scrambling threat. While it may require 2 defenders, it will usually work to prevent the QB from killing you with his legs.

Years ago, I wrote an article called "Descrambling Quarterbacks" at MaddenUniversity.com, a website I've run for 16 years, detailing how I stop QB's from running. This article is in the member's section, but it's FREE to signup (always has been) and being a member gets you full access to everything. Don't worry, we don't sell anything, including your information. But if you want to stop the Vick's and Lamar Jackson's of the world, you might benefit from reading it.

Later
  • Maybe it is a H2H thing but I found that spying w/ my LB-- there have been times I've used DBs as well seem to work. But I do not play H2H often so that could be the thing.
  • Kenny you gotta play H2H to see the stuff we’re talking about! It’s CRAAAZY! Hike pick a seam and go as if no defenders are on the field
  • Just got done playing somebody with lamar jackson. he ran his way to victory. 90% was just running outside the pocket with lamar. I tried stopping it but when i hit r3 my guys wouldn't pursue they just stood there. lmao.
  • Everytime I see another player with Lamar Jackson I just roll my eyes cause i know what style of play to expect. Can't read a defense so they rely on the qb to run.