EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Lamar Jackson Fumble Rate- Ridiculous

Prev1
Lamar Jackson's fumble rate is nowhere close to realistic. It seems like he fumbles every other time he gets hit in Madden. It's not realistic. He's fumbled 2 times in 69 attempts in real life. Please make an adjustment, so he's not like all the other non-mobile quarterbacks who do fumble whenever they try to run.

Replies

• did you ever played with Vick? he is the fumbel KING
  • To deter players from running with the QB a lot because its can get super cheesy.
  • Lamar Jackson's fumble rate is nowhere close to realistic. It seems like he fumbles every other time he gets hit in Madden. It's not realistic. He's fumbled 2 times in 69 attempts in real life. Please make an adjustment, so he's not like all the other non-mobile quarterbacks who do fumble whenever they try to run.
    Just set the slider to like 75 or higher fumbles issue solved
  • So is Kenyon Drakes injury rate. I’m not a Dolphins fan even, but being drafted by them in QB1 I have yet to play a full game that he doesn’t get hurt lol
    I mean seriously .... how is that even possible? That is on 3 different saves too, same result. I hate turning off injuries because I like realism, until is not :/
  • I'm talking about EA fixing this globally...not just changing a slider for my own franchise. When I play lobby games, I just want it to reflect closer to reality. Lamar is basically a running back who can pass. He's not afraid to take on tacklers because of his size and he doesn't fumble anywhere close to as often as Madden has him fumbling. Yet another week in the real NFL proves that he is a 1 of a kind guy. 14 carries for 116 yards...and he was making the defense look like they were standing still. Just asking to adjust his fumble rate to reflect the true player.
  • Lamaar Jackson does things in real life to avoid fumbling and big hits, like running out of bounds or sliding to protect himself and the ball. I would be willing to bet you are not as diligent with his body as he is.

Consequently, I think QBs are more susceptible to fumbling if not played correctly. They are not running backs and are more fragile too. It is imperative to learn how to QB slide when the time calls for it or run out of bounds to avoid a tackle. Learn this and play within the players ability and position and you will not fumble nearly as much.
  • @xxxashworthxxx Watch the Ravens games. Lamar runs like a running back. He's not afraid to take on tacklers. I do slide quite a bit, but when I don't he fumbles 50% of the time...even with covering up the ball. Not REALISTIC at all!
  • Completely unrealistic. Lamar runs like a RB. He shouldn't fumble when he dives forward and doesn't even get touched. Come on EA...get realistic here.
  • How many threads are you going to make to cry about this?
  • How many threads are you going to make to cry about this?

Bruh, you're one to talk. You live on this Forum.
  • Completely unrealistic. Lamar runs like a RB. He shouldn't fumble when he dives forward and doesn't even get touched. Come on EA...get realistic here.

Bro, running with ANY QB should be risky. Bc there's no injury. So, having such a Huge game changer at QB is OP if he don't fumble once in a while. Because if you watch the NFL these coaches gameplan so the QB can have success running. But, not to the point of injury and no one in the Madden Universe operates like that. They think they can run with the QB Every down which is why EA made the QB fumble prone. Oh, and QB's Fumble Very often in real life. ;)
  • ajclark6791
    2 posts New member
    edited January 6
    No he's right. Its total [Removed - CM]. I ran 6 times with Lamar in a game and had 3 fumbles. Every other attempt he fumbles? That's such [Removed - CM]. Madden needs to fix it.
    Post edited by EA_Blueberry on
  • [quote="Warrior4NEB;c-2097091"]@xxxashworthxxx Watch the Ravens games. Lamar runs like a running back. He's not afraid to take on tacklers. I do slide quite a bit, but when I don't he fumbles 50% of the time...even with covering up the ball. Not REALISTIC at all![/quote]

Agreed. Its unrealistic. I am a Ravens fan and I am starting to hate Madden cause the fumble rate is absurd.
  • He wants his cake and eat it too. Learn how to QB slide, case closed.
  • 616rexfortis
    117 posts Member
    edited January 5
    They HAVE to have the fumble rate as it is because otherwise there will be no way to counter the cheesers. At the end of the day, Madden is a game, not a simulator. The other reason it needs to increase the fumble rate is because it's not a 15 minute quarter game and so therefore the OVERALL odds of TOTAL FUMBLES is probably about the same as it would be in a 15 minute quarter game just as all the other stats in the game, rushing yards, passing yards, interceptions, etc...
  • EA_Blueberry
    1376 posts EA Community Manager
    @xxxashworthxxx Watch the Ravens games. Lamar runs like a running back. He's not afraid to take on tacklers. I do slide quite a bit, but when I don't he fumbles 50% of the time...even with covering up the ball. Not REALISTIC at all!

Agreed. Its unrealistic. I am a Ravens fan and I am starting to hate Madden cause the fumble rate is absurd.

As much as I love Lamar Jackson in real life and in Madden, there has to be some give when you're juggling realism and gameplay balance. Although Lamar Jackson doesn't fumble that much in real life, he's so dominate once he's in the open field there needs to be SOME risk of turning the ball over when you have the advantage of moving out of the pocket with his level of agility.

Make sure you are not holding LT when you tapping the button to QB slide. There should be plenty of time to slide with him, don't get greedy for a few extra yards.
  • [quote="xxxashworthxxx;c-2096367"]Lamaar Jackson does things in real life to avoid fumbling and big hits, like running out of bounds or sliding to protect himself and the ball. I would be willing to bet you are not as diligent with his body as he is.

Consequently, I think QBs are more susceptible to fumbling if not played correctly. They are not running backs and are more fragile too. It is imperative to learn how to QB slide when the time calls for it or run out of bounds to avoid a tackle. Learn this and play within the players ability and position and you will not fumble nearly as much.[/quote]

You obviously haven't been watching Ravens games because the man doesn't slide. He's just elusive enough to avoid big hits. The should adjust it so that basic wrap up tackles don't cause him to fumble. Hit sticks and strip tackles would be fine but too often a simple wrap up tackle causes him to fumble.
  • They've kept it balanced by not boosting any of the skill position talent around him all season. Mark Ingram should have boosted to at least an 88 and given the bulldozer ability but hey it is what it is.
  • EA_Blueberry
    1376 posts EA Community Manager
    @Bazard5000

Even though Lamar hasn't fumbled that much this season, with his incredible agility already it helps reduce the chances of players going for those extra 3-4 yards. There has to be a fine balance between real life and game balance. If Lamar didn't fumble you would see players running dives up the middle without any risk of turning the ball over.
  • shaneypie31
    2 posts New member
    edited January 10
    [quote="xxxashworthxxx;c-2096367"]Lamaar Jackson does things in real life to avoid fumbling and big hits, like running out of bounds or sliding to protect himself and the ball. I would be willing to bet you are not as diligent with his body as he is.

Consequently, I think QBs are more susceptible to fumbling if not played correctly. They are not running backs and are more fragile too. It is imperative to learn how to QB slide when the time calls for it or run out of bounds to avoid a tackle. Learn this and play within the players ability and position and you will not fumble nearly as much.[/quote]

Is this an EA burner? [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Blueberry on