Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: April Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Update regarding issue impacting the ability to play online Franchise modes

Prev1
EA_KRAELO
143 posts EA Madden Community Team
edited November 2019
Hey Franchise Community,

Last week we released a server update to prepare for a Title Update, TU9. That update exposed a problem in Franchise data related to Superstar abilities that were causing issues on our servers. The server issues were preventing affected users from connecting to their leagues and made it so that we needed to gate the Franchise leagues any time we wanted to push out any new Madden content. In order to be able to release new content we had to remove access to Cloud Franchise during limited maintenance periods.

A number of Cloud Franchise Leagues created in July and August were missing some Superstar abilities. These are the leagues that have been impacted by this issue. Logging into these leagues triggered the server issues. We have been able to identify those leagues and as of this morning we are now preventing them from logging in and, thus, protecting the server for players not in this broken state.

We are also testing a fix for the missing Superstar data so that we can restore access to those Cloud Leagues, as well as safely patch those leagues in the future. In previous Madden titles, those leagues would have been rendered permanently unusable, and users would have had to create new leagues.

This is a problem we introduced by adding abilities to existing leagues, keeping parity with the other Madden game modes - a new feature for Madden 20 which we are committed to supporting. We are aware of the issue and it is a top priority to fix. Our teams are actively working on a solution as well as a way to prevent these data problems with the Superstar abilities that we all enjoy.

- The Madden Franchise Team

1:10PM ET UPDATE (11/9): All Franchise Online Leagues are Temporarily Offline. Please see the latest EA Forums post here for details.

1:00PM ET Update (11/13): All Franchise Online Leagues were back online as of Sunday, November 10th around 8:30PM ET. If you have further issues with your Franchise Online League, please contact help.ea.com.
Post edited by EA_KRAELO on

Replies

• To late. The league i was in started over. I have lost all my team building. 😡
  • Have you also fixed that when doing Owner mode the game now locks after every single franchise game on PC?
  • 1st big announcement with clarity and good news. Thank you, hopefully you get us broken franchises up and running soon
  • noseminr
    1 posts New member
    I for one would have been fine if u had left it alone
  • Dude I can’t log into mine and I created it in October. Why does this only happen to madden? All the other games I play don’t have nearly the amount of problems.
  • ejs181
    4 posts New member
    Basically, they're not good at their jobs
  • ridiculous. nfl should open market itself again
  • NoCode25
    1 posts New member
    I could play an hour ago, now not so much...❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • This ❤️❤️❤️❤️ getting old makes me wish I wouldn't of wasted my money on this game that is always broken smh sad
  • Is my franchise lost forever or what? I just spent 6 weeks playing this and now I can’t sign in for two days. F Superstar X Factors.
  • down last night.. then up.. and now down again annnnd no update in 2 days
  • Do we have an ETA for this? Getting the error on PC
  • Might be patching the older leagues 👀
  • EA let me know what’s up!!!! MUT mode is so weak. We are waiting to play our leagues in Franchise.
  • It’s simply unacceptable.

No timetable, no announcement. It’s More than 9 hours that servers are down!
    32 People for every league that Have few time to play, to arrange game, that paid Madden and the plus and all the services to Ea, are disrespected.
    If you cares only about MUT, that’s the worse way to show it. This is not fair.
  • Its now the third day that I can’t play my franchise mode. Just do something. I’ve paid a lot of money for a game I want to play in my limited time off.
  • Beyond frustrated - cannot say that I am surprised... CFM - online franchise (or whatever your calling it these days) has been the red headed step child of madden since the release of MUT...

Maybe we need start having to earn or buy coins to play in leagues - that way CFM may get the support from EA it deserves... - (there is no sarcasm in this suggestion) - I be willing to pay some sort of online franchise fee if it would stop disruptions like this...
  • Biggest scam of the year! Madden 20
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!