EA Forums - Banner

Question About Playbooks

Is it just me but is the Singleback formation (not pistol) sorely lacking 4 WR sets? Singleback Spread was a staple but it is not there.

Replies

• Senio25
    3 posts New member
    [quote="kennylc76;d-251565"]Is it just me but is the Singleback formation (not pistol) sorely lacking 4 WR sets? Singleback Spread was a staple but it is not there.

[/quote]

You will only see those in the Run N Shoot playbook. I don't know why some formations are in certain playbooks and not allowed for custom playbook use.
  • Senio25 wrote: »
    kennylc76 wrote: »
    Is it just me but is the Singleback formation (not pistol) sorely lacking 4 WR sets? Singleback Spread was a staple but it is not there.

You will only see those in the Run N Shoot playbook. I don't know why some formations are in certain playbooks and not allowed for custom playbook use.

Every play from any playbook, including West Coast and Run-N-Shoot, should be available to custom playbooks. I'm biased, I only use customs. NEVER SHOTGUN. But with so much emphasis on making every minute variation of shotgun formations available while abandoning some age old football formations - it's like they are trying to force people to mimic the NFL instead of making the football simulation...

I want Split Backs, Singleback Spread, Near, Far, and T-Form in my custom playbook... But no.

What's an Old School footballer to do?

Later
  • I just want a game that isn't broke ****
  • Senio25
    3 posts New member
    [quote="MaddenUniversity;c-2100769"][quote="Senio25;c-2100486"][quote="kennylc76;d-251565"]Is it just me but is the Singleback formation (not pistol) sorely lacking 4 WR sets? Singleback Spread was a staple but it is not there.

[/quote]

You will only see those in the Run N Shoot playbook. I don't know why some formations are in certain playbooks and not allowed for custom playbook use.[/quote]

Every play from any playbook, including West Coast and Run-N-Shoot, should be available to custom playbooks. I'm biased, I only use customs. NEVER SHOTGUN. But with so much emphasis on making every minute variation of shotgun formations available while abandoning some age old football formations - it's like they are trying to force people to mimic the NFL instead of making the football simulation...

I want Split Backs, Singleback Spread, Near, Far, and T-Form in my custom playbook... But no.

Later[/quote]

Exactly! Like in the spread playbook it's a couple of tackle over formations in there. I also want different stuff in my custom playbook and not forced into what they want me to have.
  • When the game first came out, even Shotgun was missing a lot of 4WRs set. It was almost as if the game just didn't want you to roll with 4WRs. Case in point: 5WR TRIO-- for whatever reason-- is 3WRs, a TE and a RB.

I was hoping it would be patched. But oh well...
  • I'm with you. Every now and then I get nostalgic and want to have those 1992 Splitback formations in the game. But I hate to be petty but one of the things that always annoyed me w/ Madden's Splitback formation is that the backs are lined up behind the tackles (way too wide) when they should be lined up behind the guards.

Just annoying.

Senio25 wrote: »
    kennylc76 wrote: »

Later

• Like they have all the playart from the ncaa games, all they need to do is format them to run in madden 20. It would make everyone happy.