EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Dear EA Sports and EA Madden workers

Prev1
rumka74
35 posts Member
edited November 2019
this is not a hate letter this is not to make you look bad i want to express my feelings bout your game

i want to express to you guys that we feel that you dont care bout the franchise mode anymore or dont care bout us there is soooo much problems with your game that its not fun anymore gameplay is garbage and franchise mode is not getting enough love we may get 1 feature in franchise mode when we want more then 1 feature i think its time to sit back and ask yourself is is this the game we want to give our fans or for us ever since you guys brought in ulitmate team in madden 10 you guys forgot about franchise mode.

you guys don't listen to us and its frustration that we been asking for a coaching cousel in franchise mode where we get offense coach defense coach and special team coach every year and all we get is stuff we never ask for i thinks its bout time you guys add this feature in your game and make it matter dont just throw in and say here your feature make it matter where the players have different effect toward them

major problems the bugs and glitches are out of hands it is time to move on from frostebite engine all it does is ruin our games with bugs and glitches and the second thing to is dont rush the game out take your time to fix the bugs and glitches the game should come our aug 25 like the old days

i know your guys are money grabbers but here a lesson in life money isnt important making your fans who loves to play madden is more important then money please have a change of heart

[Removed email address - CM]
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• The frostbite engine is terrible. Rex told us that a long time ago. And the fact that EA still uses it just shows how much they don't care.
  • they need to start caring or i say quit buying the game
  • rumka74 wrote: »
    they need to start caring or i say quit buying the game

This is my last Madden if they use Frostbite for the next Madden. I finally learned my lesson with Madden 20. I will buy PS5 and play Grand Theft Auto instead. EA ruined Madden and NBA Live I even hear they ruined Fifa but I don't play soccer.
  • Yep fifa is ruined lol i bought 19 when it first came out.....literally played it for a week and took it back lol havent looked back since....madden is getting close to this also and with the terrible blitz promo that dropped im seriously about done with this company as a whole
  • yeah I have EA access and all the games that come out annually I am cancelling ea access it's pointless they put out the same game every year and Madden hasn't lived up to my expectation and you guys are experiencing the same problem I am, so I guess it's time to cancel EA myself maybe I'll try it once NCAA comes but for the most part I'm done with it patches proved they can't fix anything with ruining something

Happy holidays!!! Hope you all enjoy -
  • its time to make them listen to us im tried of the same old madden if madden 21 dont get fixed with a new engine that will be my last madden they used to care soo much about the game but ever since they bought in ultimate team and 2k had to quit making nfl games EA just gotted lazy and dont care for us they either care more bout the money then fixing there game or adding more features to franchise mode frostbite is not meant for sports games EA its time for a change listen to your fans listen to us please
  • EA_Blueberry
    1334 posts EA Community Manager
    0ldPizza wrote: »
    yeah I have EA access and all the games that come out annually I am cancelling ea access it's pointless they put out the same game every year and Madden hasn't lived up to my expectation and you guys are experiencing the same problem I am, so I guess it's time to cancel EA myself maybe I'll try it once NCAA comes but for the most part I'm done with it patches proved they can't fix anything with ruining something

Happy holidays to you too!

Superstar Knockout, Face of the Franchise (QB1), and X-Factor/Superstars are newly added features to Madden 20 this year, what are your thoughts on those? Do you play a lot of House Rules and MUT? We know there are a lot of franchise fans in here and my hunch is that is where you want to see more focus on. If you were in charge of adding new features to the game to make it not feel the same, what do we need to do to meet your expectations?
  • tosstamer1
    306 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    yeah I have EA access and all the games that come out annually I am cancelling ea access it's pointless they put out the same game every year and Madden hasn't lived up to my expectation and you guys are experiencing the same problem I am, so I guess it's time to cancel EA myself maybe I'll try it once NCAA comes but for the most part I'm done with it patches proved they can't fix anything with ruining something

Superstar Knockout, Face of the Franchise (QB1), and X-Factor/Superstars are newly added features to Madden 20 this year, what are your thoughts on those? Do you play a lot of House Rules and MUT? We know there are a lot of franchise fans in here and my hunch is that is where you want to see more focus on. If you were in charge of adding new features to the game to make it not feel the same, what do we need to do to meet your expectations?

I personally would like for animations to not dictate the game. So everytime a 50/50 ball goes up, its doesn’t just go in an animation where a 5’10 DB is goes up over 6’3-6’5 WRs with 90+ jumping and 90+ spec for a 1 hand pick. I would like for attributes, height, positioning, and Jump timing to effect the outcome of a 50/50 ball rather than giving 90% of them to the DB. 5’8-6 foot DBs shouldn’t be able to go up over Evans, Golliday, Julio, etc and intercept the ball consistently. WRs don’t have as much priority to balls as DBs due to animations running the game. It wasn’t always like this. Why did it change?

Make it so if someone spams a play to a certain degree, the defensive or offensive AI players with high awareness catches on and plays against that particular play better like back in previous maddens. I think like 07-12.

In regards to franchise I would like to have coordinators and the ability to scheme other playbooks rather than ONLY team playbooks. More control over the league by commissioners, like removing players on teams and adding them to others because sometimes trades mess up and take extra weeks to get them through. Probably way more with franchise but those are my main gripes.

H2H stats and stuff back. Why were they taken away in the first place?

Not sure how possible these are but:

we would also love a Fifa like pro clubs type game where you create and level up a myplayer, so we can play team up games 11vs11 with 3-5 users. Make every myplayer have an offensive and defensive position so we can play both ways.

Also I think it would be useful to make it so on defense, we can cycle through players mid play with the right stick like fifa instead of being stuck on a Dlineman (due to presnap adjustments) until the QB throws the ball.

Thanks for listening and being here. That’s awesome @EA_Blueberry !
    Post edited by tosstamer1 on
  • Oh yea, and I think it would be appropriate to have weak side and strong side LBs instead of Right and Left outside LBs.
  • ericedub
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2019

My number 1 thing is gameplay gameplay gameplay. Nothing matters unless that can be corrected for Madden 21. Get rid of the animations and make stick control matter again. Get rid of psychic DB's, user lurking around on turbo never slowing down to change direction and never getting tired. Fix pass trajectory and the high point pass. Give us the ability to throw goaline fades that work with Red Zone WR. Bring back bump & run coverage (which is different from press coverage). Get rid of the frostbite engine for good. Basically play Madden 10 & Madden 12 give us those game with updated Madden 20 graphics. Franchise mode give us more about the prospects in the draft. Instead of a pro bowl give us a senior bowl so we can play and scout certain players. Bring back create a play and real defensive assignments. If the offense is in 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB I can match up any DB I choose to cover the WR or TE. And I can match up my safeties with the TE or RB.

• 0ldPizza wrote: »

change the gameplay guys above are making good points above. I would personally try to work on the physics and movement for all positions speed, agility, acceleration, jumping, and stanima:

I would like to see more of a dynamic franchise mode starting with the data and history all-team records retired numbers etc.

full coaching staff that affect morals of the players and chemistry of the team(ex browns had over 20 coaches and the team never really had success Patriots same coach for 20+ years)

dynamic stadium atmosphere if the teams is a losing team 60% of the seats should be filled a rival game sell out intensity loud crowds and weather for each location that gives certain teams home field advantage

More broadcast teams CBS Fox NBC ESPN would be nice in franchise following the storyline played out about the users

Revamp game planning let user adjust coverage pre game letting me choose who I want my best corner to follow all game whice safety I would like to play in the box assign gaps for lineman and LB to attack etc add position subs etc

Overall more depth for franchise mode I would keep me entertained I played on and offline I would like to see more attention less of the Longshot/FOF Cinema feel

keep reading these pages and listening to the fans

- thanks
  • we want change ea we want franchise mode to be more depth and focus on please ea listen too ur fans
  • The whole game needs to be revamped.

Speed should not be the Meta that it currently is. Actual football attributes need to take priority. Speed should also be looked at for accuracy. Madden University has already found that the speed ratings are too fast and that guys (specifically defenders) are covering 40 yards in 4.2-4.3 seconds.

Defenses should also be affected by stamina. I have no idea why this was taken out. Stamina should have a real effect on a defense, especially with time of possession. The more snaps certain players play, the less effective they should be (like how 2K has their stamina bar).

Fix the tackling, right now there are simply to many invincibility animations. This is especially problematic with SS carrier abilities allowing mid-tackle breaks out of the animation because the tackle pile mechanic introduced in Madden 09 is no longer there.

This is going to be controversial, but hot routing on offense and defense should be removed or heavily penalized (wrong routes or broken coverages).

Route running should not be the same for every route. The higher the attribute, the more variations that player has. They frankly should be rated by a specific route, not short, medium and deep. That doesn't mean giving speed boost animations (which should be taken out immediately). Route running and awareness should effect separation, timing and depth. Just like in real life, the mediocre guys often round off routes or don't run at the right depth.

Catch ratings need to matter and a catch trait needs to be introduced (body vs hands). Body catchers are less likely to grab contested catches and will occasionally drop bullet passes off the chest, while hands catchers are more often going to haul in a 50/50 ball. The catch rating would also affect how often each drop the ball.

Ball physics remain a huge issue. There are WAY too many unrealistic ball deflections in madden. When's the last time you've seen a ball get deflected another 20 yards down field in a real NFL game? Trajectory also needs to be higher. If a DB is 2 yards behind a receiver, they shouldn't be picking off lead passes.

Ball hawking should also be dictacted by position, coverage AND awareness. If a defender doesn't get his head around, they shouldn't be getting picks. They're also needs to be higher risk/reward for ball hawking in 1v1 situations (flags, WR wins, whiffs), swat should also have the same rules but with the head going around but a better chance of pass break ups and higher risk of DPI and the same risk for whiffs, tackle should cause the most pass break ups, but should be timing based (too soon and it's a flag, too late and it's a catch). Ball hawk and swat would also have lower chances for tackles (ball hawk being the worst).

Height, jump and spec catch should matter. Lower rated WRs would have a higher risk of OPI and fewer completions. Contested passes would also have a higher number of incompletions as well.

QB accuracy should also affect those tight window throws. The lower rated the QB, the harder it is to fit passes in. You'd also see underthrown passes, which would keep trail technique corners viable. This would nerf scrambling QBs and effectively make pocket passers more viable. With higher ball trajectory, their should be more back shoulder fades and less lead pass deep balls.

O-line attributes need to matter. No more formations and plays dictating the same animation. Quickness, strength, reach, size and technique need to matter. No more sitting behind the line and waiting for holes to run either. There needs to be legitimate risk there.

D-line and pass rush needs be tuned better as well. Right now, everyone is getting the same jump. Switching the snap count needs to have an effect on the jump and potential flags. Undisciplined players or players that try to time the snap need to run the risk of offsides. Conversely, undisciplined and overly outmatched Oline need to run the risk of offsides, specifically if they're in a 1v1 match-up.

SS abilities and X-factors need to be significantly nerfed. They are currently overpowered, especially Escape Artist, Fast Break, pass rush abilities, enforcer and throw on the run abilities.

Cut block animations should not be as effective as they currently are. I've yet to see a defender beat a cut block, especially pass pro where the current meta is to roll the line opposite of the RB to get an auto-cut block and contain break.

Reward players for utilizing entire playbooks. No more running the same plays over and over because they beat every coverage. AI should be able to read play concepts better, while also providing a counter where a wrinkle could lead to a big play.

True Madden skills should require problem solving and stick skill, just like the NFL.

I get how this could turn away casuals, which is why H2H ranked should be split and not just ranked and unranked. There should be different types of ranked matches based on difficulty level. Users would have to option to choose between pro (arcade), all-pro (simulation) and all-madden (comp) with tiers for each. This would give everyone more of what they want in the game.

As for Franchise:

Needs WAY more depth.

I wanna be able to see what draft eligible guys are doing week to week in the college games.

I don't want my scouting to be 100% accurate. Keep true ratings hidden for 500 snaps. It won't necessarily determine their rating, but it provides trial and error to see how good the player really is (you'd have to prevent players from seeing all their attributes, including in the edit player menu).

I want a better progression system, where players can progress or regress in the offseason based on potential and work ethic. If a player doesn't have a love for the game, they may show up overweight and temporarily slower than normal and can regress faster. If a guy is a work horse/football junky he's more likely to improve or sustain success longer.

Load management/hits should also be looked as well when it comes to regression and injury risk. A player that takes a lot of hits during the season should wear down.

Introduce a dynamic injury history system similar to NBA 2K.

Make in-season stats more realistic and have those stats lead to more progression. This is probably the hardest to tune, but maybe find out what tuning works best for the types of leagues a player may want to run and have suggestions either within madden or through the website.

Free Agency and contract negotiations should be more dynamic as well. If a TE is getting a ton of catches and being used as an H-back a lot, have him and his agent pushing for a contract similar to a wide receiver. Have your Top 10-15 positional guys trying to become the highest paid player at their position.

Introduce positional coaches and coordinators, who can provide certain boosts or cons to your team via devlopment or playcalling. More established coaches would have clear pros and cons, while younger/inexperienced coaches will have hidden pros and cons, but could turn out to be huge boosts for a team. These coaches would also be available for promotion.
  • ericedub
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Bring back Home field advantage. They had this in Ncaa football years ago. The play art wouldn't show or would show wrong play art. WR would run wrong routes and you were unable to audible due to crowd noise. And the controller would shake and the crowd would get louder. That was a great feature Ncaa had.
  • [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2103829"][quote="0ldPizza;c-2103708"]yeah I have EA access and all the games that come out annually I am cancelling ea access it's pointless they put out the same game every year and Madden hasn't lived up to my expectation and you guys are experiencing the same problem I am, so I guess it's time to cancel EA myself maybe I'll try it once NCAA comes but for the most part I'm done with it patches proved they can't fix anything with ruining something

Happy holidays!!! Hope you all enjoy - [/quote]

Superstar Knockout, Face of the Franchise (QB1), and X-Factor/Superstars are newly added features to Madden 20 this year, what are your thoughts on those? Do you play a lot of House Rules and MUT? We know there are a lot of franchise fans in here and my hunch is that is where you want to see more focus on. If you were in charge of adding new features to the game to make it not feel the same, what do we need to do to meet your expectations?[/quote]

Thanks for listening to the community!

Like most people I think it starts with the gameplay, and is too dependent on animations and this makes the gameplay buggy and often times super unrealistic. Another gameplay issue is the throwing, QBs throw it directly too the receivers which is most cases is what you want but sometimes they throw to where the receiver will be and this has caused me many INTs and it’s M20 and we still can’t throw a true goaline fade, only a jumpball. My last gameplay issue is defensive gameplay, rushers get sucked into blocks and must work from there when in real football sometimes the try to finesse/edge around a defender and the tackle must drop back and push him around the QB/pocket and the secondary! There’s major issues the AI Defense such as when a DB is the safety in cover 1 or 2 his eyes around gonna be on the QB for the most unless he’s helping on a deep route... but a lot of the times the ball is already in the air and safeties will not break, they just stand there... and issues with CBs turning their backs to wideouts while in man, that’s just not real football.

As for feature franchise:
    •True create-a-player (it’s been the same since M13) this will help creating draft classes

•Playable Senior Bowl for franchise

•All-Time greats teams and the ability Insert them into customized franchises... or at least back to play now...

•Revamped franchise stat keeping with team history and what teams plays have played for

•Customizable superstars abilities from coaches perspective

•All new scouting system for franchise

•Create-a-play and formations for customized playbooks and specific play subs

•Add ST (special teams) as official position so any player can be substituted even if they play WR/QB ex. M Slater/Taysum Hill

•Coordinators and Coaching Carousel

•More commissioner control, sometimes healthy players are activated from IR but EA misses it and he’s unplayable for his injury length but whoever is in control of the league could edit him to healthy or adjust his length. Example in Live Franchise Drew Lock has a 10 week injury on IR but he’s started this week and beat the Chargers

•Compensatory picks for Franchise

•A New Game stemmed from a revamped Superstar Mode where we can play and develop our MyPlayer through seasons but also play with friends with their MyPlayer against others similar to the Park in 2k it’ll be the gridiron and if you have multiple MyPlayers they can fill in positions or you’d draft you O-Line.

I have a millions ideas I could go on and on, truth is I don’t think they will really listen. I’m sorry I’ve been a loyal customer for over a decade but I’ve lost hope. Year after year the product has been almost the same, their was a Madden 19 logo in practice mode this year for goodness sake. EA if you’re listening you are years behind on innovation and you couldn’t improve year to year why should we believe you’re going to make 10 years worth of improvements that should’ve already been in the game? Anyways still appreciate @EA_Blueberry for his comment.
  • EA_Blueberry
    1334 posts EA Community Manager
    The whole game needs to be revamped.

Fix the tackling, right now there are simply to many invincibility animations. This is especially problematic with SS carrier abilities allowing mid-tackle breaks out of the animation because the tackle pile mechanic introduced in Madden 09 is no longer there.

Did you see Snell's invincibility tackle over the weekend?

@ericedub

The stadium shaking with the crowd noise was an awesome feature, right there with you.

Thank you, @rumka74 for creating the post and everyone here as well with all the great feedback. Keep it comin'.
  • The whole game needs to be revamped.

@ericedub

The stadium shaking with the crowd noise was an awesome feature, right there with you.

Thank you, @rumka74 for creating the post and everyone here as well with all the great feedback. Keep it comin'.

your welcome i just want ea to open there eyes and see more people cares bout the franchise mode more than ultimate team we need this game to be like it used to be im playing ea old game nfl head coach and i was wandering why those features cant be in madden and everyone is getting upset and your game rating on amazon and other big sites are terrible you should go look at them its really bad if game rating is soo low i hope you can sit down with the dev team and come up with a idea to add more features to franchise mode and ultimate team together or
    make 2 games
    the first games is

madden 21 where we can have a full franchise mode and full career mode and full h2h

game 2

madden ultimate team for the people who only plays utlimate team

find a balance were the franchise mode and get the features and the love it deserve you guys are a billion dollar company i know you guys can make two separate games
  • rumka74 wrote: »
    The whole game needs to be revamped.

@ericedub

your welcome i just want ea to open there eyes and see more people cares bout the franchise mode more than ultimate team we need this game to be like it used to be im playing ea old game nfl head coach and i was wandering why those features cant be in madden and everyone is getting upset and your game rating on amazon and other big sites are terrible you should go look at them its really bad if game rating is soo low i hope you can sit down with the dev team and come up with a idea to add more features to franchise mode and ultimate team together or
    make 2 games
    the first games is

madden 21 where we can have a full franchise mode and full career mode and full h2h

game 2

madden ultimate team for the people who only plays utlimate team

find a balance were the franchise mode and get the features and the love it deserve you guys are a billion dollar company i know you guys can make two separate games

Sheesh... I wish. I've been calling for that since Madden 16.
  • The Draft in franchise could be revamped as well. It’s the most exciting draft in the world of sports yet I believe Madden fails to capture, imagine a prevention discussing the tops prospects, team needs, and draft trades etc. Also after the draft every year teams are picking up undrafted FAs, imagine an additional Free Agent signing week with only undrafted FAs but instead of Overall grades it’s a letter grade for potential and maybe scouting information like 40 times.
  • I think EA did do a good job with changing overalls and making sure the top players were truly different than others but I think they need to expand the overall system for every position and they definitely need to add more traits like whether a player is clutch or not. Also maybe consider giving all players abilities (not as dominant) to try to make each player seem different and have individuality. As for dev. traits I think they should add a distinction from veteran players rather than them just being normal. Maybe they are done developing but they are still different. Example. Jamie Collins is probably done developing but he’s not a “normal” player.