EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Formation Subs/Special Teams

Patsfan_19977
38 posts Member
edited December 2019
Two wonderful special teams players Taysum Hill and Mathew Slater have both block punts in the past two weeks and Slater has primarily been a core special teams player yet you have to edit his position to utilize him correctly. You can’t necessarily do this with Hill because he plays offense as well. We need formation and even substitution fixes because EVERYONE should be able to play special teams at ANY position and as for auto-subs, I just can’t seem to get it to work and the only player who ever gets tired is my RB1 and more players get reps in real life but I’m not gonna pause my game every drive to substitute players. EA please address this as well as the special teams, watch some footage and you can’t deny Slater and Hill should both be able to play punt block/punt coverage, kick off, hands teams... you can’t even create a hands team package!! Elandon Roberts as well has played FB, ST, and primarily LB but since the latest update he no longer plays FB in franchise mode. Please EA, this should be as simple as letting most players be substituted at most positions or at least in franchise mode in formation subs.

Replies

• I Second this....
  • I also support this! Very good idea!
  • EA_Blueberry
    1452 posts EA Community Manager
    A hands team is interesting. No word on any implementation of this but after those two amazing weeks from those players it does help build a stronger argument for it. Seems like a lot of more NFL coaches are starting to experiment with multiple positions for players. It was always great to see the lineman catch goal line touchdowns, too. :)
  • A hands team is interesting. No word on any implementation of this but after those two amazing weeks from those players it does help build a stronger argument for it. Seems like a lot of more NFL coaches are starting to experiment with multiple positions for players. It was always great to see the lineman catch goal line touchdowns, too. :)
    That’s already do-able, you can put LTs at TE but that’s brings up a point.. with coaches experimenting with more players why isn’t EA working to make this apart of the game? Aren’t you guys striving to make the most realistic game possible?

• A hands team is interesting. No word on any implementation of this but after those two amazing weeks from those players it does help build a stronger argument for it. Seems like a lot of more NFL coaches are starting to experiment with multiple positions for players. It was always great to see the lineman catch goal line touchdowns, too. :)

And with more and more trick and gadget plays being implemented into NFL playbooks, why does Madden lack even the most common trick plays like the flea flicker? No flea flicker? Why?

• EA_Blueberry
    1452 posts EA Community Manager
    A hands team is interesting. No word on any implementation of this but after those two amazing weeks from those players it does help build a stronger argument for it. Seems like a lot of more NFL coaches are starting to experiment with multiple positions for players. It was always great to see the lineman catch goal line touchdowns, too. :)

And with more and more trick and gadget plays being implemented into NFL playbooks, why does Madden lack even the most common trick plays like the flea flicker? No flea flicker? Why?

The team will continue to add plays to playbooks which are being utilized in this NFL season. I know the flea flicker has been used by some teams like the Lions, but it's not widely used which could be behind the decision process of it's absence. I feel like with the blitzing that is heavily favored by players right now it might be too risky to use or will result in very low success rates in testing. Always fun to pull it off, I love the HB Pass play. Feels good to trick the opponent like that, heh.