EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

An honest question

Rippers2222
63 posts Member
edited December 2019
I would like someone from EA Support to please answer one question. When this game, Madden 20, came out, there was a conscious effort made by EA to nerf a user linebacker from being able to intercept everything they got their hands on, regardless of whether or not they were even looking at the QB, while they were also able to cover most of the field. This was a welcome addition. But in the last month or so, it has returned to the game. Why?

And please let someone from EA give an answer to the question. I do not want to hear other players say "because the money spenders in MUT wanted it back". EA, why did you re-introduce this non value added and unrealistic game play back into the game?

Replies

• And in the same light, why is the linebacker (or any defender) allowed to interfere with routes more than five yards down field without a holding or pass interference penalty being called? Why does this game reward this type of game play? The latter question is the one that is more important to me.

You can answer "because that is hard to program correctly" and I will accept it because that is at least an answer.
  • EA_Blueberry
    1395 posts EA Community Manager
    Do you think it feels like it returned to the game because of some specific MUT items that were introduced into play? Some high tier linebackers might feel like this if the other players on the field aren't of equal or higher value, the linebacker will simply be one of the faster and better players overall on the field. It should be more difficult to intercept passes thrown directly over them when their back is turned to the QB.

In regards to your second question, is that something you see getting abused heavily online? Do you see it happen prior to the pass or once the ball is thrown in the air?

• In regards to your second question, is that something you see getting abused heavily online? Do you see it happen prior to the pass or once the ball is thrown in the air?

1. It sounds to me like the chuck and roll out with the receiver mechanic. This is a great mechanic to use when you see your opponent audible a receiver. Take the closest linebacker to that receivers zone and user press him, then chuck and roll out with him. If the ball is thrown to him you can shove him a bit and pic the ball off. This takes a tremendous amount of precision and skill but its legal.
    2. Also line backers are aloud to stick crossers and disrupt their routs in real life too.
  • Linebackers and other defensive players are not "allowed" to make that kind of contact beyond 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

And yes, it is abused heavily on line, and after the ball is in the air. And its not just the elite level linebackers.