EA Forums - Banner

Video Proof of Scripting/Predetermination in Madden 20

tosstamer1
314 posts Member
edited December 2019
My kicker pauses before a kick to allow my opponent to block it lolololololol

Please leave the obvious scripting and predetermined outcomes out of the games for now on EA. Like how are tournaments held for a game that has predetermined outcomes? Some tournaments with a ton of money involved.

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4527 posts EA Community Manager
    This happened because the other player timed your snap perfectly. If you hold down the A button at the end, it can help throw off your opponent's timing. The play clock was a little cut off, did you start your kicking motion pretty much right after it was available to start? A lot of good players will remember that amount of seconds it takes until most players kick off the ball and count down the seconds in their head so they improve their chances of blocking a kick in the long run.
  • You can't tell that the kicker pauses about 2 seconds longer than usual before stepping up to kick?
  • EA_Blueberry
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    You can't tell that the kicker pauses about 2 seconds longer than usual before stepping up to kick?

Yes, that can happen if the opponent gets a great jump.
  • So if your opponent gets a great jump, it makes the kicker pause before the kick?
  • tosstamer1 wrote: »
    So if your opponent gets a great jump, it makes the kicker pause before the kick?
    Lol, Its happened to me a few times this game is trash!
  • Lol. Good answer Madden is classic
  • So I guess in real life, if someone gets a good jump on the kick block team, the kicker pauses to let the guy block the kick. Blowing my mind.

How could NCAA football like 2011 get blocking kicks without it being scripted but Madden 2020 can’t?
  • EA_Blueberry
    It is an animation that simulates a variety of outcomes that happens in real life, like a mistimed snap or the holder bobbling the football. If the player gets the jump that animation can surely help them in blocking it. Getting a perfect jump on the ball isn't going to force this to happen though.
  • Getting a perfect jump on the ball isn't going to force this to happen though.

Ok then lol