EA Forums - Banner

Video of how animations ruin the game

tosstamer1
314 posts Member
edited December 2019
This is 6’5, 230, 95 jump, 97 spec catch, 95 catch in traffic Mike Evans being sucked into an animation where he’s getting leaped over for a one hand pick by a 6 foot Rookie safety (Who is also boxed out in no position to make a play on the ball).

The game won’t even allow me to go for the ball, but just sucks me into this animation. What’s the point of having a WR like a Mike Evans if this is what happens when you throw him a high ball while the cb is behind me and boxed out? I’m in perfect position to at least go for the ball.

This also proves positioning doesn’t even matter. The DB is clearly boxed out and has no way to make a play on this ball, but that positioning triggers a 1 hand leaping pick animation over Mike Evans lololololololol This happens very frequently. This animation driven gameplay has to stop.

Replies

• No doubt that animation controls a lot of elements. But it's kind of hard for me to feel for you... you had a 29 second video... about 20 of those seconds were you making hot routes, audibles, and all other forms of adjustments... that's not really realistic. So it's hard to be mad at one without being mad at the other.
  • kennylc76 wrote: »
    No doubt that animation controls a lot of elements. But it's kind of hard for me to feel for you... you had a 29 second video... about 20 of those seconds were you making hot routes, audibles, and all other forms of adjustments... that's not really realistic. So it's hard to be mad at one without being mad at the other.

Whats wrong with hot routes? That’s been a thing in madden since the beginning. Do you think it’s unrealistic to make hot route adjustments?

And LOL you don’t have to feel for me. It’s just bad that positioning of the players doesn’t matter. DB completely out of position/boxed out but still triggers a 1 hand pick over 6’5 Mike Evans.
  • I understand what you were saying! Do to physics and body positioning he should’ve never been able to cross Evans Body. On another note this is probably the Cheesiest formation of the year. It’s some kind of way that Deep Corner route is always open. Not to mention the motion start Crossing route. I don’t run this formation because I call myself doing the community a favor by not adding to the Cheese pile.