EA Forums - Banner

Being able to compete at the highest level running one play: Skimbo vs Joke 12/19/19

I never watch these pro tournaments because I know dudes just spam but this is way worst than I imagined. I Linked the video if you missed it.

They both ran 1 play the entire game lolololol

Skimbo ran gun bunch with a dig route, block and release seam route, corner route, and either streak or post route every... single... play.

The Joke guy ran Lamar Jackson QB blast about 40 times lolololol

The comments under the video are all negative like how on earth is this competitive madden nowadays and how awful is it that you can run 1 play and compete at a top level.

Begging for Madden to make the AI players catch on to plays being spammed relentlessly to make the game better. people would forgive all the gameplay flaws if they implemented this.

It should disgust anyone that had a hand creating this game see it get played like that. How can people have success in whats supposed to be an NFL simulator game playing like that?

Replies

• A good defender should be able to adjust to ANY player, we already have enough rigged auto-defensiveness and don't need any more. Leave it as it is.
  • I just watched the video and your claim is wrong, he's not playing the same play every time.
  • I just watched the video and your claim is wrong, he's not playing the same play every time.

95% of the time he ran that gun bunch play. When a dude can run 1-3 plays a game and the AI reacts the same everytime that’s realistic to you I presume?
  • I feel like the same should be done on offense and defense. Both sides of the ball AI’s should adjust to a play being ran 95% of the time.

When I played WR in high school, we ran a curl flat concept three times. And after just three times, the play became obsolete because everyone covering knew the play now.

Adjusting only by yourself, you can only control one person then assign AI players to a certain assignment and just hope they play it well lol that would be ok if it was like Fifa and you can cycle through defenders during play with the right stick then ok you actually have more control over what happens, but you’re just relying on AI players to not get beat vs a money play lol
  • You're confusing same formation with same play - same formation is NOT "same play"
  • Also, if an opponent is too "noob" to adapt and adjust to a particular play then OF COURSE one should keep running it over and over.
  • Also, if an opponent is too "noob" to adapt and adjust to a particular play then OF COURSE one should keep running it over and over.

You just watch two pros that I guess are just “too noob” lol dudes like you the reason madden will never improve.
  • Afrom3ister
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Also, if an opponent is too "noob" to adapt and adjust to a particular play then OF COURSE one should keep running it over and over.

This is the "Top players" chief. If they're struggling to defend it over and over, clearly it's a problem.

The problem is that plays are executed the same every play and get the same separation based soley on the play and formation. The game relies too heavily on animations versus ratings and play variation.

Go play 2K and try running the same play over and over, you're not going to get the same results. The CPU defenders adjust and will start playing differently.

People have been clamoring for better Play Rec for years. Penalties should be in place for running the same plays (tighter coverage, quicker sheds, linemen auto-IDing and picking up the blitz).

In real life, if you run a QB blast all game, two things are guaranteed. Defenders will start shooting gaps and playing down hill. The Quarterback will be extremely beat up.
    Post edited by Afrom3ister on

Just wondering, what do you think the point of the play recognition attribute is?

This is the "Top players" chief. If they're struggling to defend it over and over, clearly it's a problem.

The problem is that plays are executed the same every play and get the same separation based soley on the play and formation. The game relies too heavily on animations versus ratings and play variation.

Go play 2K and try running the same play over and over, you're not going to get the same results. The CPU defenders adjust and play will start playing differently.

People have been clamoring for better Play Rec for years. Penalties should be in place for running the same plays (tighter coverage, quicker sheds, linemen autopicking up the IDing the blitz).

In real life, if you run a QB blast all game, two things are guaranteed. Defenders will start shooting gaps and playing down hill. The Quarterback will be extremely beat up.

All facts
  • tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Also, if an opponent is too "noob" to adapt and adjust to a particular play then OF COURSE one should keep running it over and over.

You just watch two pros that I guess are just “too noob” lol dudes like you the reason madden will never improve.

One "pro" can easily turn another "pro" into a noob, as there are different levels of so-called "pros.
  • but again, neither of the two "pros" ran the same play over and over.
  • but again, neither of the two "pros" ran the same play over and over.

Ok. The same play 95% of the time. Get real dawg.
  • Lamar QB dive 30+ times. So skillful and strategic huh

One "pro" can easily turn another "pro" into a noob, as there are different levels of so-called "pros.

LMAO the logic is stupendous. This is the sem-finals match, so two of the top 4 players in the World.

Both ran 1-4-6 dime exclusively. Both ran primarily one play on offense.
  • Def 100% terrible
    Lamar QB dive 30+ times. So skillful and strategic huh

I agree,
    Them running that same week play over and over live just illudes to the fact that they are probably playing with trainiers and glitches on the day to day and then run garbage time in events.

I specifically do not run the same play or formation repeatedly during the game because the AI is too strong when coupled with trainers and glitches. People learn people and exploit with glitches, trainer bots learn the game and prevent you from running same play repeatedly. If you are playing someone who does not use these cheats then yes you could run the same play repeatedly just like the “Pros”

This championship series with the exception of drini has been a joke. No pun intended.

It should give you all confidence to compete next year.

...and that team lost the game

...and that team lost the game

What are you talking about? He beat skimbo. Must didn’t watch until the end lol
  • Oh, well there you go, I keep seeing videos that says Skimbo has lost his touch.