EA Forums - Banner

3-4 vs 4-5 WRs, weak boxes vs power run, 3-4 pinch dog2, onside glitch, animations, and more videos

tosstamer1
314 posts Member
edited December 2019
I know this is long so at least check out the videos.

I get that 3-4 is the meta this year since day one, but dudes are still able to be in 3-4 all game vs spread formations and cover 4-5 WR sets while base aligned. The LBs shoot to their zone assignments as quick as DBs. I would say the LBs cov needs a nurf. If a player’s zone is 50, he shouldn’t be able to shoot to his zone like that. Then you can’t run against it because it’s a 7 man box vs a spread formation. Not to mention you can’t catch a snap and throw quickly while there are free rushers. So I end up taking a sack because the WRs button I push doesn’t register. And tried screens, but the WR stands there for a literal 1-2 seconds before he can move after a catch so I keep losing yards even though the CB is off and the OLB is lined up a foot outside the tackle. Lol

Same goes for Dime, Dollar, and Quarters formations vs power run formations. The “weak box” mechanic should have stayed in game, because now, I play dudes that blow up runs in dime, dollar, or quarters by usering a good D lineman and getting an auto shed then tackle my RB for a loss while I’m in like strong I or a normal I formation.

I also played a guy that could run around my offensive tackle with a blitzing cb without the tackle attempting to lay a finger on him on pass plays at will. I shifted my line left and the tackle was 86 ovr Peters.

3-4 pinch dog 2 blitz is completely OP. A dude in my league ran that and the CBs can play flats but they also drop back like it’s cov 4. So there is zero space to throw a streak between the CB and safety. Also, if I tried to throw an out, curl, or comeback, the CB was under it every time. It’s like sheesh, what can I do? I actually went on YouTube after the game to see if it was any videos on how to break 3-4 pinch dog 2 blitz and the only video I found was a guy trying to run Seattle out of bunch, but he only completed the pass about 30% of the time. It seems like all cov 2’s don’t play like that. I don’t get it.

Onside kick off glitch is still live and well in game as well. If you’re in a normal kick off return, they kick the onside to try to get it back, if you’re in an onside kick return then they can glitch kick it deep. How is this glaring bug still in game? Recorded this a few hours ago.

And I recorded this animation today where the WR is laying on the ground after a possession catch, but since I had Ramsey, the animation made him go back up in the air for a drop pass after being hit because great defenders can use the force apparently Lolololol Unreal.

Since I’m a teacher out on winter break, I’ve been playing a ton of H2H to get better for my league and I’ve been running into a ton of glaring issues, and issues I already knew of being way worse. And this is after all the tunings and fixes. In the year 2019-2020 this is what we have. I don’t even know where they could start to attempt to fix the game for next year. After the past 3 maddens I have lost all hope for them to turn it around or even attempt to turn it around since they release it annually riddled with bugs. The gameplay is at an all time low and the features are lacking things from 10-15 years ago.

My record on H2H is like 120-50, so I think I’m playing some top tear players but I cant be so sure since there is no H2H data anymore lololololol

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
Post edited by tosstamer1 on

Replies

• Thank you Tosstamer for taking the time out to post this Bro. I swear I was just going to post about the onside kick glitch but I ran into your post. It’s sad that we’re still dealing with this months later. I guarantee that if this was MUT it wouldn’t be happening. I co-sign everything you just stated bro. Whenever NCAA drops I’m completely done with Madden.
  • Yea dawg. I can’t believe it’s this bad. I’m scared of NCAA a little though, because if they have MUT it could possibly be the same lol
  • True true. It’s gonna be some crap like HUT Heisman Ultimate Team. It’s coming because it’s too much money to over look. But as for madden something has to be done about the Pinch 2 Defense. It Defends everything from deep to flats. It’s posted somewhere either in YouTube or an E-book because it’s toooo many people running it Now days.
  • Yea. I didn’t know anything about it until like last week. I must have won enough to start playing top guys I guess and they all abuse it. Then I played a dude last night in my league I blew out last month; came back and ran it all game and I was boxed. All I could really throw was RPOs but I dont like abusing them.
  • If EA has the rights to college I won't be buying. They ruin every sports game they get then complain when people cry for 2K to return. EA won't make another penny off of me until game play is fixed.
  • Tosstamer that’s all I be trying to explain to guys. Once you get into the top 1% you’ve never seen so much cheese in your life. That’s when you’ll see everything that’s on YouTube and E-books perfected. That Pinch 2 defense is the new wave because everyone runs it except for me of course. It’s extremely OP and the sad part about it is you have to learn offensive cheese to combat that Pinch cover 2 defending like cover 4 yet breaking on the flat Paired with the MLB running around guarding all the routes.
  • Even more sad are there even any true 5WR sets in this terrible game? Whenever I try to go 5WR it ends up really being 3 WR 1RB 1TE.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4297 posts EA Community Manager
    In the first video you had Y and A open, stepping into the pocket might have helped buy you that split second of more time to deliver the throw to them. You can tell the linebacker on the left is going to blitz, have you tried changing your slot receivers route to a flat route? That should get you some more yards.

Another thing you can do is change to the flat route and move your RB up underneath the linebacker. Change his route to a fly route or the same one as your slot receiver's as you had in that video. With the fly route the MLB would have followed him up the field which would have given you the opportunity to pick up 5+ yards with the QB. If you move the outside receiver ( X ) into motion and hike the ball immediately afterwards, that should also help the slot receiver on the flat route last time I tried it.
  • tosstamer1
    314 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Should a cb be able to run in a circle around a 86 ovr tackle without a finger being laid on him? I have other videos playing the same guy stepping up and he just bent the edge more to sack me from the back.

And is anything going to be done about the other issues?
  • tosstamer1 wrote: »
    I know this is long so at least check out the videos.

I get that 3-4 is the meta this year since day one, but dudes are still able to be in 3-4 all game vs spread formations and cover 4-5 WR sets while base aligned. The LBs shoot to their zone assignments as quick as DBs. I would say the LBs cov needs a nurf. If a player’s zone is 50, he shouldn’t be able to shoot to his zone like that. Then you can’t run against it because it’s a 7 man box vs a spread formation. Not to mention you can’t catch a snap and throw quickly while there are free rushers. So I end up taking a sack because the WRs button I push doesn’t register. And tried screens, but the WR stands there for a literal 1-2 seconds before he can move after a catch so I keep losing yards even though the CB is off and the OLB is lined up a foot outside the tackle. Lol

Same goes for Dime, Dollar, and Quarters formations vs power run formations. The “weak box” mechanic should have stayed in game, because now, I play dudes that blow up runs in dime, dollar, or quarters by usering a good D lineman and getting an auto shed then tackle my RB for a loss while I’m in like strong I or a normal I formation.

I also played a guy that could run around my offensive tackle with a blitzing cb without the tackle attempting to lay a finger on him on pass plays at will. I shifted my line left and the tackle was 86 ovr Peters.

3-4 pinch dog 2 blitz is completely OP. A dude in my league ran that and the CBs can play flats but they also drop back like it’s cov 4. So there is zero space to throw a streak between the CB and safety. Also, if I tried to throw an out, curl, or comeback, the CB was under it every time. It’s like sheesh, what can I do? I actually went on YouTube after the game to see if it was any videos on how to break 3-4 pinch dog 2 blitz and the only video I found was a guy trying to run Seattle out of bunch, but he only completed the pass about 30% of the time. It seems like all cov 2’s don’t play like that. I don’t get it.

Onside kick off glitch is still live and well in game as well. If you’re in a normal kick off return, they kick the onside to try to get it back, if you’re in an onside kick return then they can glitch kick it deep. How is this glaring bug still in game? Recorded this a few hours ago.

And I recorded this animation today where the WR is laying on the ground after a possession catch, but since I had Ramsey, the animation made him go back up in the air for a drop pass after being hit because great defenders can use the force apparently Lolololol Unreal.

Since I’m a teacher out on winter break, I’ve been playing a ton of H2H to get better for my league and I’ve been running into a ton of glaring issues, and issues I already knew of being way worse. And this is after all the tunings and fixes. In the year 2019-2020 this is what we have. I don’t even know where they could start to attempt to fix the game for next year. After the past 3 maddens I have lost all hope for them to turn it around or even attempt to turn it around since they release it annually riddled with bugs. The gameplay is at an all time low and the features are lacking things from 10-15 years ago.

My record on H2H is like 120-50, so I think I’m playing some top tear players but I cant be so sure since there is no H2H data anymore lololololol

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Against pinch dog 2, there are a few things I'd suggest.

Gun Trey PA crossers (hot route mid receiver to drag, TE to curl, RB to pass block, shift line away from RB and highlight OLB on RB side). This will cut block the OLB 90% of the time and give you a free escape, it also creates a pick-your-poison for the other user. Drag will get you 7-10 yards, the crosser could get you anywhere from 25 yards to a TD based on hash position and throw. If both are covered, the TE will be open on the curl as a checkdown.

RPO bubble screen alerts are also pretty effective if the user is base aligning. Make sure that you highlight that WR and hit RAC catch, this will prevent the WR from taking forever to get going and will speed boost you passed inside the outside DB sometimes.

If the user us sending 7, block seven, send your slot on a go and the outside WR on that side on a slant. This concept eliminates the outside DB in soft squat, he can't keep up with the outside WR on the slant and if the user put his safeties in hook curls, this will give open the slot for a 1-play.

I've had guys run outs effectively at times against my soft squats, but that can obviously be risky (gotta make sure the DB is running with WR and not behind or sitting right where the route break is.

Overall, you're point about LB speeds, QB delivery times and WR RAC abilities are all correct. LBa need to be slower to their zones and more susceptible to getting burned or picking up penalties because they are out of position pre-snap.

Defenses should be penalized for not matching personnel as well. There's a reason why NFL teams run more Nickel than their base 3-4 or 4-3. It's because LBs do not have the speed or coverage ability to keep up with a WR. There's also a reason why teams don't run nickel or dime against 13 personnel, the DBs are going to have trouble playing in the box and holding their ground against TEs with 60-80 pounds on them. Madden needs to get back to reality and put those penalties in the game.

Madden devs have created poor animation speeds on WRs as a nerf to WR screens because they used to be extremely effective. The problem is, they need make play rec on DBs and Blocking ratings on WRs and speed ratings on TEs and O-line matter because all of those have a larger effect than the WR. They need to fix that and create new animations based on the screen, where the WR is attacking the ball and getting his body squared around to get north and south.

Pre-play positioning needs to matter. No more running circles with 4.2 speed and covering 3 different routes. Those need to be properly tuned, real player motion needs to be overhauled for offense AND defense with proper stamina abilities put in place (get rid of speed boost animations and one-cut speed boosts). Additionally, zone coverage ability, play rec and awareness should factor in whether an LB or DB is in position to create a turnover, to have their head around locating the ball and to do it all without needed to grab or interfere with the route and pass in the air.
  • Yea bro. You don’t have to match up personnel at all. You don’t lose anything coverage wise as long as it’s zone.